Dual Wield Inquisitor

bob1313

Actually it's your own preference, though I prefer Swords becuz they look cool other people like Axes more.

Generally speaking there both equally good, you can even use them both (You should only pick Dual Wield as a skill).

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Edited by Chareos Rantras

You can use swords and hafted together while dual wielding..... most swords and hafted weapons both use STR to modify weapon damage and dual wield replaces your weapon skill.

• 3 weeks later...

Like Viper and Chareos said, you can use swords with hafted, or one, or the other.

I think most commonly (and what I use), people stick with the swords. Yes, they look cooler, but also they don't require extra skills to still pack punch :3

I always get frustrated when I'm just starting out, though, because it seems like the axes and such always have more damage at that point. I don't think that's so much true later in the game though, which is why I somehow manage to stick to swords. And the shinyness of them.

(I hope we've swayed you to the swords ;D)

Ive been noticeing that alot of the uniques in game dont have "sword weapon, or halfed weapon" mod on them so I would use the DW skill only, Altho later on there is some mastery items so I guess, It would be up to you as far as what you want your for your Inquisitor later in game, Research unique and ledgendary weapons and find the one or couple that most fit your build and playstyle and base your build off that

I decided on simply choosing duel wield and no other weapon skill (I.e. sword, hafted) because quite frankly, I'd rather save the additional skill slot for another useful skill. The only point of getting an additional weapon-based skill after duel wield is to unlock the additional effect on weapons, and that to me isn't worth a skill slot. Plus, with only duel wield, I can use ANY 1h weapon I find and mix em all up rather than limiting myself to only certain 1h weapon styles.

Swords are always nice, in the beginning they're weak, midgame they're quiet good and very common in drops (also special & uniques),

dunno about high-end game, never seen that side of Sacred 2......... yet .....

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

The game is biased towards swords when it comes to offering unique/legendary weapons.

With that being said, the Inquisitor can benefit a LOT from going with dual wield and hafted weapons... but it's a real pain in the butt if you do DW along with another weapon skill. I honesty can't recommend it since you pretty much doom yourself to having to get the weapon specialization up to mastery as soon as you hit level 75+ since you start running into a lot of weapons with mastery modifiers on them.

And even then, most of the unique weapons don't HAVE mastery mods on them... so you kind of are left wondering if it was really worth it. IMO it wasn't.

Only time I'd take DW AND a modifier skill would be to base a char around DWing Boneslicers. Doubt I'll ever get the time to set that up though. Having a pair for every level range would be a lot of work. Or just one and the char could get his own 2nd when he needs it. :)

It's the only Rare+ sword I've come across so far that is pretty much worthless if you DONT have Sword Lore.