Blacksmithing for Console Glitched?

I have a level 32 Shadow Warrior that took me three different characters to perfect. With the help of Knuckles I put a pretty sick DPS character together that dodges and reflects with GR and RE and a combo of DB and SS. I just learned Blacksmith and I realized no difference in the forge whatsoever. Furthermore, the description is completely misleading because it says "without a forge" which by searching online, I found you do need it but it has no visible effects.

Sooooo basically I'm pretty piffed and confused about this skill. I've seen the UI for PC when it comes to forging and its obvious, I'm just wondering if I'm an idiot for learning this skill or if I'm missing something. (I really hope I'm just missing something)

Wow that really sucks...I hope they're still going to keep patching these game, it has a lot of issues. I also wished I hadn't taken Blacksmithing so early...I didn't know it was bugged on the XBOX360. =(

Yes this is happening to me too... I had never invested on this skill before and now that I did I cannot use it! sigh... Im using a ps3 version

another small patch today - anyone able to confirm if BS works now?