Help I am new :)

Hi everyone!

I just registered in the forum as I bought Sacred 2 last week and am playing it.

First of all I want to say that it's a very good game and I think I will spend a lot of time on it :P

So I came here to try to find some help, as I browsed the wiki, read some posts but I still have some questions that I don't understand.

I am playing a seraphin for now, although it seems a little bit boring in terms of action, as I am dual wielding and I just use 2 actions all the time ;)

1) When I get new runes, should I always "read" them to enhance all the combat arts that I have? (because it says that enhancing a combat arts through runes makes them regenerate a lot slower...

2)Should I learn all the combat arts?

3)I have some difficulties understanding the armor stats...For example I have one with Modifier: "Armor Lore" written in red, does that mean that because I don't have the skill, the modifier is not applied?

4)Also about the armor, I am finding new armor pieces which have a higher level than the one I am wearing, but from the stats seems not as good as what I have (appart from the armor value). Should I still use mine or use the one with a higher level? If you have a general guideline on how I should choose my armor, that would be very nice :)

I will probably come back and ask for other questions as I am sure there are other things that will come to my mind :P

If you would be so kind and help me a bit out with those questions that would be perfect!

Thanks in advance,

SpeedSweeP

1) It's a tough question to answer plain and simple. I would say only read them when the regeneration time increase is manageable. That typically isn't the case early on, at least for melee CAs, spells you can level a bit faster because 5-10s regen is a bit more viable for them, at least in some cases. It's really, if you can use the extra damage and the regen penalty isn't too great, then increase the CA level, otherwise wait.

2) If you're testing feel free to read one of each rune, it'll let you see what each CA does. However you only end up with 4 CA slots so learning every one isn't all that beneficial, you can't use them all.

3) Yes, that's exactly what the note in red means.

4) I don't look at the item level half the time to be honest, except to make sure I can wear it or not. Armor value is useful, however if the other modifiers are very useful, I would take the modifiers over the better armor value (it's a single modifier in a way, so all the others are important too).

My general guideline is:

* If I like the attributes on an armor, and it has sockets, then it's a definite good sell, if it has amazing attributes but no socket... I might buy/use it, especially at lower levels, but as I level up it's harder to justify, unless it has a perfect combination of modifiers that a ring/amulet couldn't beat in almost any other piece.

* Sockets are almost imperative, they let you customize the item above and beyond what is already built into the item.

* Modifiers I can't get from skills, or from rings/amulets are highly prized, if the only way to get them is to get them from gear, and I have a use for that modifier, then I'll get it, if it has little use, I won't bother getting it. As to what modifiers are of use, I can't tell you straight away, because I tend to change my own opinion each time I'm shopping... I want +Opponent Cannot Evade, and -Opponent Evade Chance, and +skills, and +ca, and Deathblow, and... and... and... so go with whatever works best for you.

Oki doki, thanks a lot for that :P

Here comes the second batch of questions ;)

1)I am currently level 23 and am far from seeing the end of the campain and I started directly on silver. I see that you can go into harder modes after completing the campaing in each difficulty. Is it interesting to level up my seraphim up to 200 through all the modes, or should I just stay in one difficulty level and go to max level?

2)I see the term shopper and niobsmith sometimes, what does that exactly mean? leveling on character with bargaining only maxxed out and the same for blacksmithing? Is it really necessary in the harder modes? And if yes, what should be the level of those characters?

3)I am fighting monsters and I think I already encountered red ones (the circle and name where red so I assume they were difficult monsters) and I have no problems at all killing them. Is it normal?

4)Regarding the items, I tend do sell everything to merchants and just put some relics and runes in my chest. Is that a bad move?

Thanks again for the help!

1) You probably won't be able to get to level 200 in Silver... at least not in the lifespan of the game. Each area has a max level for spawns, so eventually you'll only be getting 1exp per kill, when you need several million to reach the next level.

2) Shopper means maxed bargaining to buy as good items as possible, niobsmith means a character able to smith items in Niob. There is no real 'need' for this, you should be able to play through without, however by using them you will have access to better items (in terms of bargaining) and cheaper socketing/better smith arts (in terms of blacksmith).

3) It's normal, the red just means higher level than you, by level 50ish you should be able to at take on almost level 60 monster as long as they aren't extremely powerful types, etc etc.

4) I sell all whites, greys (or rather don't pick them up) and even sell almost every blue item I find. Relics I either equip or sell, runes I keep, either in my chest or on my toon for use. It's not a bad move to sell items that you have no use for, they're just extra cash.