Hey All

I was wondering what you guys do when you want to farm for a set piece? What are your strategies?

Do you use open world? Campaign? Use the wiki to identify the piece and its potential location? This does not include trading which is very viable but not as rewarding as putting in hte work to see

that rare piece drop:)

Let me know

Stonehill

Set pieces can drop off anything at any time so the best way to do it would be group Area of Effect-ing large chunks of enemies.

I have had great luck finding "Set" items off mini bosses. Like Holos the Minotaur and the Harpy Queen. I join a free world online game and I race to these bosses, kill, loot, leave game and join or create another. The more players in the game the harder the boss and the better the drops.

Good Luck!

Bosses and mini-bosses are the best enemies to fight to get sets...An alternative way is to get Bargaining Mastery and do quests

Here's a link to how Schot was farming level 20 set pieces...though I'm sure it can be adapted for other difficulties and level of equip

Schot's level 20 set farmer

Hey All

I was wondering what you guys do when you want to farm for a set piece? What are your strategies?

Do you use open world? Campaign? Use the wiki to identify the piece and its potential location? This does not include trading which is very viable but not as rewarding as putting in hte work to see

that rare piece drop:)

Let me know

Stonehill

I have heard that there is a cave in the Orc area that the mini bosses respawn everytime you leave and re-enter the cave, no having to leave the game at all, they are said to have great drops, although I cant seem to find this cave after hours of searching, I have heard it from more than 1 person which makes me think its real. Maybe I need to look for it on FreeWorld, because I found a few caves with mini bosses and I found a set item in there but when I left the cave and went back in there were only a couple of regular enemies..If anyone knows the location of ths cave in the Orc Realm, please post it..

Thanks all, some great suggestions here. I have been playing single player mode but I might move to online shortly. I was trying to do HC on my SW but last night I spaced out and died on trash mobs...it was pretty depressing, I even thought I was going to stop playing altogether because of the stupidity I pulled. Then, I finished the Blind Guardian quest and had no idea about what happend as part of the reward (dont read up on it if you dont know, just find the quest and do it!) and was bigtime surprised, this made me want to play even more!

I only count on MIni-bosses, orc cave and friends or clan for sets. I do have some EP going on some of my toons to get unique weps.

Jord, great to hear you're willing to give HC a try. Take it very easy when you're starting out, and you'll find it comes naturally like breathing once you get a sense of it's pacing.

Good luck!

:)

gogo

I only count on MIni-bosses, orc cave and friends or clan for sets. I do have some EP going on some of my toons to get unique weps.

Jord, great to hear you're willing to give HC a try. Take it very easy when you're starting out, and you'll find it comes naturally like breathing once you get a sense of it's pacing.

Good luck!

:)

gogo

Where's this "orc cave" at gogo?

Yo guys, faught the warewolf mini boss north east of griffinborough 6 times yesterday and got a set peice 5 of those times. Also faught the harpy queen 5 times but she only dropped good two of those times.. Hope that helps.