Battle Extension - How does it work?

Im currently playing a level 10 Temple Guardian devout and im unsure how the battle extension works? It seems like it lasts forever until I cast another Combat Art. e.g. I cast the Battle extension, run around and attack with my mace and the arm lasts, then I cast dedicated blow and its gone. So if anyone knows how this Combat Art works, let me know im confused. If that is the case that it disappears when u use another Combat Art it seems kinda pointless, especially when im spamming dedicated blow.

The best way I can explain it is like this: Battle extension gives you the added "whip" arm that is always present while battle extension is selected as your CA. This is if you execute the CA or not, so when you are using your regular attack it just has an extra animation of the extension hitting with the arm it is mounted to (your gun has been replaced with a hand). You execute battle extension like any other CA (right click for PC, no idea for console.) That is when you get the actual effect of the battle extension. You loose the extra arm when you cue up different CA. I like battle extension when I feel like getting up close and personal with my prey. :)

Heya,

best way IMO to use the Battle Extension is to not 'use' it at all..... :)

Have BE active but don't cast it. The active BE has a chance to double hit on normal left click. When mounted in the Mobiculum, this 'chance' seems to be 100%

Another cool Devout CA is Deathly Spears. Be sure to mod it to Jab.

Have Fun with the TG

Greetz

• 4 months later...

you guys should try it on a Pyromancer Temple Guardian build

BE as part of a combo doubles its shotting capacity, and is great to take care of swarms of mobs from a distance

good for leveling fast

arm with a lazer gun, is like a disco dancer, it just a 100% every time

you get 4 extra shots out of each combo

on the BE customization you need to choose the 2 plus signs to do extra hits, and the 1 for extra damage critical

• 3 months later...

BE as part of a combo doubles its shotting capacity, and is great to take care of swarms of mobs from a distance

good for leveling fast

on the BE customization you need to choose the 2 plus signs to do extra hits, and the 1 for extra damage critical

So if I get this straight...

Use BE's Combat Art ability, switch to Archimedes Beam as the active Combat Art to do the disco dance?

good for leveling fast

So if I get this straight...

Use BE's Combat Art ability, switch to Archimedes Beam as the active Combat Art to do the disco dance?

No. I am confused about what he means, but you need to be on the Temple Guardian's unique mount (mobilicum) for BE to have 100% chance for double hits (this is an "exploit" - a bug that we use to our advantage). Then, you put BE in a combo by itself, and when you "use" the combo, you get a metric tonne of hits. This is good for stragegies that require lots of hits - regeneration per hit, life leeched per hit immediately come to mind.

I heartily endorse this move, having used it to awesome effect up to level 75(so far) with my Temple Guardian. I use hammers, and with life leech lines I can see the double hits, it is really cool looking as well.

So, firstly, grind out the main quest for now. Worry about your wheel when you get to Orcish Byway (town in Human realm). The quest for unique mounts starts in Orcish Byway. (the town where you get the quest to kill the Gar'Colossus - the first boss you encounter on the main quest). Look for the person with the beam of light shining down on them, and they have the ? above their head. (I play on PS3, so not sure if the quest giver still has the beam of light on them....)

Good Luck!