Best defensive skill.

Phoetad

So I'm closing in on level 65... And I'm torn between what to choose for my last slot. I have been saving it for the most defensive ability I can get for niob. I've narrowed it down to warding energy lore (I have revered focus only) for the shield, which I don't currently use. Toughness, or combat reflexes, for the crit reduction. I'm really not sure at this point, I've heard good things about warding energy and with concentration I could work it into my build. Otherwise I could just take a passive. Need some pro input, any help would be awesome!

Heya,

what is the build you're working on? Seraphim? TG?

If enemies come in close combat range, CR is good, though u can get tons of evade from items.

IMO, your shield totally needs WE lore. WE mastery is just too good to skip when u use shield energy.

Greetz

Edited by Barristan
Heya,

what is the build you're working on? Seraphim? TG?

If enemies come in close combat range, CR is good, though u can get tons of evade from items.

IMO, your shield totally needs WE lore. WE mastery is just too good to skip when u use shield energy.

Greetz

Working on a seraphim, and yes... this is what I'm trying to decide. I don't have the shield yet, I'm wondering if the shield will give me more survivability than the other two mentioned skills. If so, then I'll drop my last point into WELore, otherwise, Which would be the better passive?

Armor Lore is so useful it's almost an absolute choice as well as being most valuable. And if you're playing HC, it's a must if you want to play in Niobium.

:unsure:

gogo

Yes, I've already got armor lore... Just trying to decide what would be the best defensive skill for my last slot. I'm playing on the console so there is no hc, but I am playing hc style. Making my way through plat now with no deaths.