New to Sacred and confused

Hello. this is my first console game of this type. I come from a background of MMO's on the PC. I'm a very "do it myself" or "figure it out on my own" kinda player but I must admit I am confused like no other. I have a few questions that I am hoping the forum guru's can assist with as they are probably pretty basic simple things that I can just not get! HAHA!

I have scoured the forums for clues but it seems I am either getting more confused or just not finding a clear cut and dry answer. First off is the topic of Attributes/skills. I seen a post in the class guides about modding attributes with silver, bronze and gold. What exactly does this mean? I do not see any way to mod my attributes. I have a level 40 SW that is probably the mutt of all characters as I tried to just play the game and considering I can not read half the crap on the screen I just winged it. I have since hooked it up to a higher def TV and can make out the text now.

Let me be a little more clear. I will post some sentences that have me confused.

"Attributes (each Attribute is bright yellow too)" This was in one of the SW guides. What does it mean each attribute is bright Yellow? These color coding concepts are throwing me off. (Oh and the XBOX version does not have the color coding for special weapons etc which sucks)

"Skills (in Green, then each skill in Green)" - Again what does the color mean?

"Combat Arts (in Red, each CA in red)" - Again with the colors :)

"Modifications of Combat Arts" - What does it mean Modding Combat arts? How do you mod the combat arts? Does this mean inserting them into armor? In this post it talked about the Bronze, Silver and Gold mods. I am not getting what they are meaning.

I want to say thank you for all the help in advance. From what I have seen so far in the forums, there is never a short on help. You guys are all great! Please keep posting away!

im not sure about the whole colour thing but modding CA is easy if u go to combat arts there is a little red diamond near each of them if that aspect has any red diamonds you can press A on the CA u want to mod and spend some points (red diamond thing) on that combat art to make it better if u have a look at some skills e.g tatics lore it says allows moddification for this aspect so each certain level it will give u a lil red diamond on the CA page for u to spend.

hope this has helped u a lil.

any other help add me on LIVE GT:HFS PREDATOR

I guess the colors in that specific guide are just some layout feature, nothing to do about the game, just making it clear where the word "skills" is standing on the page, so people who read the guide and want to follow it, can easily find the important parts. (or for the lazy people under us)

When looking at items in your inventory

White > you can use now

Orange > you can use when you get higher level

Red > you can't use ever

The quality of the weapon or gear you find is not color coded. It uses a star system.

0 Star - Normal

1 Star - Magic

2 Star - Rare

3 Star - Unique

4 Star - Legendary

*Its been posted that the light beam color on the loot bags the mobs drop are color coded by quality... but most of the time you will just pick up the loot anyways without noticing what color the light was*

When Moding Combat Arts

Every CA can be modded 3 times, but they are broken down in 3 sections. Each section has 2 mods and you can only pick 1 mod per section. On the PC each section is labeled Bronze, Silver and Gold. You need to pick 1 mod from bronze, to unlock the silver section and so on. For console these sections are not labeled like that, they are not labeled at all. There are 2 paths displayed with 3 mods in each path. This makes it look like you need to stick with that path once you start.. but you dont. The next two choices become available after making your first selection. Since the path are going across the screen with one on top of the other, players would just say "up-down-up" or "top-top-top" to describe which mods they selected.

Edited by MantisPR

Thank you all! This was a great help to get me started in the right direction. I am learning more and more that alot of the stuff in the PC version is different than the console such as the wording and color schemes. Again thank you all for everything!