Lowest possible CA casting time...?

Hi all! I was wondering if anybody had figured out what the lowest possible casting time would be when using Combat Arts. Presumably there's a limitation on how quickly you can cast spells based on how long it takes for the casting animation to complete.

The reason I ask is I was considering building a HE around items that reduce casting time as well as items that provide chance to halve regeneration times. Trying to be able to cast spells as often as possible and all that.

I've been experimenting with a weapon that gives me a 15.8% chance to halve regeneration time, and the few times that it's kicked in it's been amazing. When this ability kicks in, it pretty much works out that I'm able to cast my Ancestral Fireball once every 1.2 seconds (this is at level 8). I like! It would be fantastic to have this kick in on a regular basis. Presumably lowering casting time decreases and/or speeds up the animation time while casting a CA.

Has anybody tried this type of build before? Thoughts/input?

UPDATE:

So far, I've managed to buy all of the gear that I need to get to 100% Chance to Halve Regen. Stuck all of the gear in the hero's chest and rerolled a new high elf.

Level 6 HE

Skills:

Armor Lore: 1 point

Concentration: 1 point

Arrogant Pyromancy Lore: 4 points

When using Blazing Tempest, it regens in about 4 seconds (haven't got the decreased regen time mod yet). This is a bit longer than it takes for the CA to be cast, so it works out well. Ancestral Fireball can be recast pretty much instantly. I think my next focus will be decreasing casting time and see how much of a difference that makes. It's not the zero seconds you crazy level 170+ people have, but it's more than respectable for level 5 on Silver difficulty, I think. So far I'm enjoying it. :)

Edited by Scrappy McSlap

If you want to get your regens as low as possible, put all points in Stamina, max out the Focus skill, Concentration & Riding, get the mastery for Combat Discipline & cast a single CA from a combo on your special mount (with gear boosting the above & the chance to 1/2 regen). Oh & for the HE use a high level Grand Invigoration (& possibly Incandescent Skin).

At level 181 my AF regen time is at 0.2sec with some 18K damage maybe more havnt checked it in a long time. I only used IS and GI for regen time cut. Dont even use the Pyro Mount so regen time can be cut just by those two next step would be to take care of cast speed and maybe a lot of damage bonus.

regtime for Combo: Darting Assault+Ravaged Impact 0,0 sec since Charlvl ~170

with Capricious Hunter Focus+Concentration

Edited by Chrona

So the general consesus is that this ability isn't at all needed? :sweating:

regtime for Combo: Darting Assault+Ravaged Impact 0,0 sec since Charlvl ~170

with Capricious Hunter Focus+Concentration

Gross. Haha.

I was hoping that having a high percentage in this ability would allow me to spend less points in skills like Focus and stuff.... has anybody tried substituting this ability in that way?