Random Observation #334

Maybe I'm not the first person to discover this, but as you walk past or near a secret hiding place, you'll hear a little noise that sounds kind of like part of a teleport, but a lot quieter, and a lot shorter. When you hear it, stop, look around, wait for the little shimmer again, and ta-da~ You've got yourself a niffty item from a secret hiding place.

Just something I found fun, interesting, and helpful during my gameplay, and thought someone else might like to know, too :3

Ciao!

~Jaggy

That's cool, I didn't know about the noise.

If you pay attention, you'll also notice that there's a little twinkle that shows up on screen near the magical hiding spot. Alternately, if you press the info button on your controller (click the right stick on 360, not sure about PS3), it will say "magical hiding spot" where the item is haha.

I think that Enhancend Perception increases this "hiding places" and also increases the quality of the drops....

In Sacred 1 you would have to click on it for it to drop, in Sacred 2 it's enough to just walk up to it.

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

@Scrappy: Yeah, in both Sacreds there's the little twinkle, and that's what I mean when I say wait for a while; you'll see it sparkle sooner or later somewhere on your screen ;3

I knew that in some places in the original Sacred you could get an alt label for the hiding places, but I don't think you can for Sacred 2 (on PC) : p

@Chareos: I'm not sure that EP increases the number of hiding places, but I would think that, yes, it would increase the quality of the drops :3

@Chareos: I'm not sure that EP increases the number of hiding places, but I would think that, yes, it would increase the quality of the drops :3

Not really the numbers in that you encounter 3 hiding places near each other instead of 1,

but maybe the FREQUENCY in which you encounter em, becuz "Enhanced Perception" rly means your better in perceiving & spotting things :drool:

We'll need to wait for some experts to comment I think :paladin:

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

*laughs*

Well, I'm working off of the fact that I don't have EP, but I can still find more Hiding Places than my dad (who has like...20 EP or something atm) just by listening XD;;;

*laughs*

Well, I'm working off of the fact that I don't have EP, but I can still find more Hiding Places than my dad (who has like...20 EP or something atm) just by listening XD;;;

Tbh, I don't rly find many of em, maybe I should stop ruining my ears with hardcore death metal and begin listening to the real sounds o' Sacred :paladin:

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

EP only affects the quality of items you find, it doesn't affect the quantity of magical hiding places,or the visibility of the twinkles or anything like that. the only effect EP has on magical hiding places is when you get the mastery & then the MF bonus from EP is applied to the magical hiding places as well.

If you pay attention, you'll also notice that there's a little twinkle that shows up on screen near the magical hiding spot. Alternately, if you press the info button on your controller (click the right stick on 360, not sure about PS3), it will say "magical hiding spot" where the item is haha.

It's the left stick on the PS3. The right one resets your camera. Clicking the Left stick will also show you barrels, chests, and other things you can interact with, as well as what loot is what when its on the ground. And it will show you info about the enemies you are fighting.

Yah it really makes it easy to find interactable objects, I just wish I could toggle the stick button instead of pushing it all the time :(

This noise notice is a fantastic note! I never really "clicked" on this I guess till now...and yeah, I do hear that faint musical noise effect.

Nice heads up

:(

gogo

I only really get to play when the kids are asleep and I have to play with the game pretty much on mute :P

I guess thats the problem with playing the game thru 5.1 sony bravia system

So no ding sound ;)