Ok so my ISP deicded to upgrade there infrastucture and has basically cut me off for the next .... well who knows how long. Just gotta get me a human on the phone. /guns :Mafia2: /viking

So I am begging bandwidth from whereever I can... however this has not helped me and my withdrawl symptoms - shortness of temper, nerviousness, paranioa, and the shakes. I have read that poeple can get internet withdrawl sympotoms but did not know it was real, and that it would affect me.

Also doesn't help that I've already been away from ogame for 3 days and really needed to get on and move res.. also trying to avoid going into V-mode but may have to, to save my sanity.

Anyways I shall try and post up my trials and tribulations here as I suffer withdrawl, if I can

May the ogame lords smile on me

Hm. I heard of this syndrome. but I know for a fact it is real (not for me tho. since I really do not use that much. But if it is there, I would use it!!)

It sucks to be you :)

Those isp bast*rds /mad

Well it's a good thing actually, you can prevent yourself in the near future to have such syndrome by investing your time in other activities- such as reading, sports, shopping (I /wub shooping), and eating ( /drool )

Awww Rikski! I have deployed some of the boys to go round and sort out your isp dudes

/diablo

I hope you get it sorted soon though Fingers and rifles are crossed for you

:)

keep us posted

Awh thats just rotten firefly. /sad

Try deep breathing and lots of water. Works for us folk trying to quit smoking. :) Also, if you're on often like I am, About 8 hours+ a day! /shok, you might take it as an oportunity to take a vacation from the digital life and soak up some of the physical world. I'm makin an effort in that direction myself.

And didn't your isp provider offer you a temp dial-up connection at least?! Lousy buggers! /mad

I really didn't think internet use could become an addiction but now that I think of it I suppose most any habit becomes an addiction/obsession. Is it just a matter of frequency that determines how strong an addiction will be?

We humans are such funny folk. /crazy

*Goes to look at 1 of his upteen browser/application windows presently open...*

/blush

I now have dial up access thru my ISP, and to top it off my router has just died.... no lites nothing...zippo. Bu**er! One new router on order ASAP

Yes... for these that say I should get out more... I'm out smelling the roses, and working my arse off.....

Well I am back in an ad-hok manor... Seems that part of my issue was due to a dying router, which is now dead. I have my old USB modem hooked up to my laptop which is acting as a gateway to the network. new router is on order and I am back in the ogame.

Has made me realise that getting uni work done without the internet is very hard, but that there are other things out there that can be done.

Guest gogoblender

Wow, Firefly what a story man!

ya know...everytime my internet goes down I go nuts. If I can't log into ogame my heart beat hits high, my respiration gets ragged and my pulse starts to weaken.

Gak!

I have a small map in my emergency drawer with all the adresses of the local intenet cafes that can supply me with emergency internet access *sigh* and this keeps my stresses of having a fleet left out in the dark if my isp or power goes out.

I'm really glad you got stuff worked out, and as you posted in my other thread bout my thirty hour fleetsave, the time off really resets our view on the world.

lol, smellin the roses?

heck I had forgotten what a rose even looked like!

:)

gogo

• 3 weeks later...