Tips on making a NEW Character

So I used my level 64 SE went to a bunch of merchants and Runemasters and kept buying rings and amulets that add +4 or +5 to "ALL SKILLS" they also had secondary effects, like life leach, level of death blow and damage. Once I had like 10 - 20 rings and amulets I saved the game and left. I made a new SE, I started her off on FREE world so I could use my hero chest right off the bat and sell something expensive and buy armor and a good weapon. I took EP first saved my skill points untill lv5 then learned bargaining I immediatly started seeing silver and gold socket armour and weapons in the store, which is exactly what I was hoping.

I baught all armor with silver and gold sockets and a weapon with 2 silver sockets, I put all these items into my hero chest. saved the game and left the game. I then started another FREE WORLD with my lvv 64 SE and added +4/ +5 to ALL SKILLS to the armor and the weapon. I think it totaled out at + 25 - 30 to ALL SKILLS. I put the stuff back into my hero chest saved the game and started a FREE WORLD with my new character..

Took the items I needed out of my hero box and equiped them and voila a level 5 SE that has level 30 skills, EP lvl30, Bargaining lvl30, and tactics level 30, and everytime you learn a new skill it auto jumps to lv30.

I immediatly found a LIGHTSABER, which are cool but if you try to dual weild them you will freeze your game and whoever else is in the game. I also immidetly found armor with MORE SOCKETS which I baught and and did the whole trick again and braught my level 5 SE up to about +40 all skills..

At lv5 I was destroying anything and everything in my path.. :) Currently my SE is level 19 but has skill levels in the 50's and is still wearing level 5-10 armor, because im too lazy to go through the process again. This works really well for EP and Bargaining because you dont have to waste your earned skill points on EP and Bargaining you can put them into more important skills like tactics, etc... ENJOY!

Doesn't the item level cap comes into play on the consoles? On the pc we can't do this, as the smithed armor would have the same level requirement as the amulet/ring smithed in it.

Doesn't the item level cap comes into play on the consoles? On the pc we can't do this, as the smithed armor would have the same level requirement as the amulet/ring smithed in it.

I was thinking the same thing...I had a level 45 armor chest set piece for my HE, I saved it in the hero chest for my new HE build, and I had to wait till my armor lore and level were close enough to its level before I could equip it...

So on the PC if you put level 60 ring into a level 5 armor, the armor itself becomes lvl60, that sucks.. I purchased level 5 armor, and put in my chest, then took it out with my level 64 SE worked it and put it back in the chest. A low level character can only work on and wear certain levels, but a level 64 character can work on/ wear 64 and below, understand.. Once the armor has been modified the armor is still lv5 it just has level 60 rings/amulets in the armor. Hopefully that helps, but I didnt take anything to the smith with the low level character, only the lv64 did the smithing. This is for the 360 so I gues the PC and consoles have their diferences, just like how the console users cannot use the BLACKSMITHING SKILL the same way PC users do, it gives us a discount at the smith and lets us smith higher level items, but we cannot smith items ourselves, as PC users can. I had a character at level 30 smithing what a waste of skill points..

Edited by SoulReaver978
So I used my level 64 SE went to a bunch of merchants and Runemasters and kept buying rings and amulets that add +4 or +5 to "ALL SKILLS" they also had secondary effects, like life leach, level of death blow and damage. Once I had like 10 - 20 rings and amulets I saved the game and left. I made a new SE, I started her off on FREE world so I could use my hero chest right off the bat and sell something expensive and buy armor and a good weapon. I took EP first saved my skill points untill lv5 then learned bargaining I immediatly started seeing silver and gold socket armour and weapons in the store, which is exactly what I was hoping.

I baught all armor with silver and gold sockets and a weapon with 2 silver sockets, I put all these items into my hero chest. saved the game and left the game. I then started another FREE WORLD with my lvv 64 SE and added +4/ +5 to ALL SKILLS to the armor and the weapon. I think it totaled out at + 25 - 30 to ALL SKILLS. I put the stuff back into my hero chest saved the game and started a FREE WORLD with my new character..

Took the items I needed out of my hero box and equiped them and voila a level 5 SE that has level 30 skills, EP lvl30, Bargaining lvl30, and tactics level 30, and everytime you learn a new skill it auto jumps to lv30.

I immediatly found a LIGHTSABER, which are cool but if you try to dual weild them you will freeze your game and whoever else is in the game. I also immidetly found armor with MORE SOCKETS which I baught and and did the whole trick again and braught my level 5 SE up to about +40 all skills..

At lv5 I was destroying anything and everything in my path.. :crazy: Currently my SE is level 19 but has skill levels in the 50's and is still wearing level 5-10 armor, because im too lazy to go through the process again. This works really well for EP and Bargaining because you dont have to waste your earned skill points on EP and Bargaining you can put them into more important skills like tactics, etc... ENJOY!

LOL. Great idea. That hero chest is there just to be spammed hahaha.

• 2 weeks later...