Question about Dual Wielding?

When you dual wield, do you get added bonus by using two of the same weapon? or can you have two totally different weapons and be just as effective?

I have not noticed any bonus for using the same weapon (besides it looking cool)... will be interested in finding out if there is a bonus, or if there "should" be a bonus. (glitches lol)

Oh and since we are here, what is this stuff I read about Dual Wield and Sword Weapons not stacking?

There is no such bonus.

In case of Boneslicers, there kinda is a bonus since they increase the stats on each other :crazy: But that's not because they are the same, but because they increase your skills.

I have two level 64 Swords of the Blood Dryad

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...he_Blood_Dryads

These give

177% damage of enraged players (each)

+6 tactics lore (each)

along with + 30-40% fire damage

and + 5-10% chance for burn

With my SW (duel wield) holding both of these the overview (R1 -> Overview then L1 to bring up details) shows I have 300+% damage of enraged players, 60-80% fire damage and 10-20% chance to burn.

In my opinion you are better of using two weapons of the same type (sword or hafted) otherwise if you go for 1 sword and 1 hafted you have to take and level and additional skill (sword or hafted) which could be better spent elsewhere imo

TheRook21

Ok I understand that Sword Weapons and Dual Weild DO NOT stack. If I have a sword and it says "modifier sword weapons" in red but the text that follows is all white do I get those effects:) Also if I do learn SWORD WEAPONS wont that allow me to dual weild higher level swords? I feel like if your going to dual weild you still need SWORD WEAPONS for the modifier on the weapons, and to use higher level swords. Is this correct or am I ok just having tactics and dual weild:)

Ok I understand that Sword Weapons and Dual Weild DO NOT stack. If I have a sword and it says "modifier sword weapons" in red but the text that follows is all white do I get those effects:) Also if I do learn SWORD WEAPONS wont that allow me to dual weild higher level swords? I feel like if your going to dual weild you still need SWORD WEAPONS for the modifier on the weapons, and to use higher level swords. Is this correct or am I ok just having tactics and dual weild:)

You have to take Sword Weapons to be able to weild the stronger swords as you advance in the game. So regardless of wether it stacks with Dual Weild or not (I have heard too many different inputs to be sure either way), if you want to use swords you have to take and should eventually master this skill.

Increasing Dual Wield will allow you to use higher level weapons without penalty. Taking Sword Lore (while dw'ing) will only unlock certain mods found on them. And starting around level 70 you will start finding swords that need Sword Mastery to unlock.

If I'm Dual Wielding I won't pick a specific weapon lore. 75 points (and taking up another skill slot) just unlock a few mods seems a waste of points to me. I would rather use those points (and skill) on something that would more benefit my character. There are plenty of rare and unique swords that don't have any prerequisites on them

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having a problem of my own with the Dual Wielding. I have a level 77 Seraphim, Dual Wield at 70, and Sword at 1. When I look at my DW skill, it says I can use weapons up to 96 with no penalty. But trying to equip any type of weapon higher then level 77 and it's giving me Attack Speed negatives of anywhere from 2%(78) to 35%(94). I've tried using rings to boost my skills on both DW(+6) and SW(+8), and while the weapon caps go up on the skills, I still get the negatives to my Atk Spd. Has this happened to anyone else? Is my "hard" DW skill just too low for my level to work properly? Please help!

I'm having a problem of my own with the Dual Wielding. I have a level 77 Seraphim, Dual Wield at 70, and Sword at 1. When I look at my DW skill, it says I can use weapons up to 96 with no penalty. But trying to equip any type of weapon higher then level 77 and it's giving me Attack Speed negatives of anywhere from 2%(78) to 35%(94). I've tried using rings to boost my skills on both DW(+6) and SW(+8), and while the weapon caps go up on the skills, I still get the negatives to my Atk Spd. Has this happened to anyone else? Is my "hard" DW skill just too low for my level to work properly? Please help!

I personally have not had any trouble with it. Are you sure you have two one handed weapons equipped when checking? The maximum level without penalty from dual wield only applies when you have two weapons equipped. Equipping only single weapon will still show a penalty on both the equipped item and any that aren't equipped this also works the other way round, I.e. when you have 2 swords equipped it will say the is no attack speed penalty for other items in you inventory even for 2 handed or ranged weapons for example but as soon as you remove the 2 swords, as would happen when equipping a 2 handed weapon, the true penalty will be shown.

Edited by LordRaviel

Yeah, as it turned it out, that was my problem exactly. I feel pretty stupid about it. I just figured it would automatically figure that out, but I understand why it wouldn't now that I really think about it. Thank you Raviel. :P