Item Filter override?

I am assuming you mean an item that has already dropped. I am reasonably sure that you cannot. If you are standing on top of it though and in the loot filter menu - as soon as you toggle it to the level that will allow that item to be picked up, it will pick up the item. What I am trying to say is that you can basically be standing on item and toggle filter off/on in a .01 second timeframe and it will have picked up the item and re-enabled the filter so you only need to access the menu once. I hope that makes sense to someone other than me =D

I am assuming you mean an item that has already dropped. I am reasonably sure that you cannot. If you are standing on top of it though and in the loot filter menu - as soon as you toggle it to the level that will allow that item to be picked up, it will pick up the item. What I am trying to say is that you can basically be standing on item and toggle filter off/on in a .01 second timeframe and it will have picked up the item and re-enabled the filter so you only need to access the menu once. I hope that makes sense to someone other than me =D

Actually that did make sense. I was going into the menu, toggling to normal and then exiting. Picking it up, then going back into the menu and reapplying the filter. If I read you correctly once I go from 2 stars to normal the tiem is picking up automatically without me having to actually apply the new setting, as long as I am standing directly on the item I wish to pick up.

Actually that did make sense. I was going into the menu, toggling to normal and then exiting. Picking it up, then going back into the menu and reapplying the filter. If I read you correctly once I go from 2 stars to normal the tiem is picking up automatically without me having to actually apply the new setting, as long as I am standing directly on the item I wish to pick up.

Exactly. Maybe they will let us use holding down right bumper and tapping left bumper or some other button combo to override this in a future patch but I sincerely doubt it :)

The thing that bugs me the most no one mentioned. You pick up all the worthless no start rings no matter what your item filter is on. I really hate cleaing my ionventory of 20+ rings every hour.

The thing that bugs me the most no one mentioned. You pick up all the worthless no start rings no matter what your item filter is on. I really hate cleaing my ionventory of 20+ rings every hour.

hmm I have my filter set to 2 stars (rare) and basically I dont pick up anything and if I do it is 2 stars.

hmm I have my filter set to 2 stars (rare) and basically I dont pick up anything and if I do it is 2 stars.

There are 2 things you can change. The items that drop for you and the other is miscelaneous (other classes drops and other magical items [that dont apply to you]) what I mean is for example if you have your first option set to rare 2 stars you will pick up two star weapons and armor (and higher than two star). NOW the 2nd option if you have it set to 1 star Magic items then you will pick up 1 star and higher rings and weapons (that you can/cant use) and armor for other classes. So if your complaining about having a thousand useless rings just bump up your Misc option to 2 stars..should be fine. Remember if you have Misc set to 'Everything' then that means you pick up...well everything (which explains why you were picking up Zero Star gear) that doesnt pertain to you no matter if its 0-4 stars. Ex: You may not have Pacifism but yet find a ring with +2 Pacifism. Or you could find a zero star Leg piece for a high elf and yet you're a Shadow Warrior. So just make sure your settings are where you want them and you should be fine. Atleast you will stop picking up the lower level stuff but you will always pick up the higher level from wherever you have it set and higher. So if that Pasifism ring is a +4 Two star ring...well...sell it I guess lol..unless..u have pacifism...

PS: Also...I dont know if PC has a problem with this but for us console people when you make a change to your settings it STAYS for ALL of your characters...so my level 9 High Elf gets piffed when she just realizes that she hasnt grabbed any loot for half hour because my level 62 Temple Guardian was sick of pickin up 1 star garbage so he set it to 3 star/2 star and higher only...lol.

There are 2 things you can change. The items that drop for you and the other is miscelaneous (other classes drops and other magical items [that dont apply to you]) what I mean is for example if you have your first option set to rare 2 stars you will pick up two star weapons and armor (and higher than two star). NOW the 2nd option if you have it set to 1 star Magic items then you will pick up 1 star and higher rings and weapons (that you can/cant use) and armor for other classes. So if your complaining about having a thousand useless rings just bump up your Misc option to 2 stars..should be fine. Remember if you have Misc set to 'Everything' then that means you pick up...well everything (which explains why you were picking up Zero Star gear) that doesnt pertain to you no matter if its 0-4 stars. Ex: You may not have Pacifism but yet find a ring with +2 Pacifism. Or you could find a zero star Leg piece for a high elf and yet you're a Shadow Warrior. So just make sure your settings are where you want them and you should be fine. Atleast you will stop picking up the lower level stuff but you will always pick up the higher level from wherever you have it set and higher. So if that Pasifism ring is a +4 Two star ring...well...sell it I guess lol..unless..u have pacifism...

PS: Also...I dont know if PC has a problem with this but for us console people when you make a change to your settings it STAYS for ALL of your characters...so my level 9 High Elf gets piffed when she just realizes that she hasnt grabbed any loot for half hour because my level 62 Temple Guardian was sick of pickin up 1 star garbage so he set it to 3 star/2 star and higher only...lol.

But if you change your MISC to 1 or 2 star will you still pic up runes? some runes have 0 stars.