Newbie Skill Consumables

Hello all!

Posted twice now, probably nothing of value. My main question is, I consume all my skills like a starving Etheopian. Is this a good idea? There are only a few I actually use per each character, but I still chew up the others any way. Rookie error, or common sense way to go? I know some are useful to trade, but some character have Combat Arts I NEVER use. Should I Save and trade for better, or, to hell with it, grub 'em all down?

Thanx

Well It Depends.

THe More You Consume, The Stronger They Are, But Also, The Longer It Takes To Regenerate.

So If You Want A Hard Hit, But Have To Wait 21 Seconds In The Heat Of Battle, COnsume Away.

If You Want A Semi Strong, Can Use ever 3 Seconds, Only Consume One, And use Lore/Focus To Make It Stronger.

Most would say that eating runes is a bad idea for the most part. Eating runes increase damage but it increase the regen time.

In my experience, I just keep them at 1 rune read and increase them by socketing my gear with +All Combat Arts and counter the regen time with + All Skills. With Concentration and Aspect Focus, the + All Skills cuts regen time.

Try to keep your regen time at a spammable time, whatever that means to you. Most say around 2.5 seconds is a good regen time, but that also depends on the skill.

The bread and butter of your build should be around 1 second regen time.

Though I do not have much experience in this department because I have not played long enough to have a high level character, I can say that most people here know what they are talking about. Most say 2-3 seconds so I went in between and said 2.5 seconds.

When you get to a high level around 130 or so you might be able to sneak in reading a few runes to increase damage as long as the regen time stays in the target range. From what I have read, you will not need to eat more than 1 before that.

For early levels up to about level 50, this is the basic rule;

Eat only one rune of the Combat Arts you will use.

But eat heaps of your buff runes, while keeping a close eye on the effect they have on your regeneration times of your other Combat Arts.

Use weapons and armour and regen blacksmith arts and jewellery to increase your CA damage and regen times.

Eating lots of CA runes in the early levels can make your character very hard to play.

Wow, I've been way off my mark. I knew the Regen Time would be a hex, but I figured on using CA Focus to help negate this effect.

<Nods Head> Thanks for the input folks. I'll put my consumable munchie CA buffers away in a tupperware container for now....except the buffs. I'll sneak a few of those w/o hopefully ruining my new diet plan.

Peace

Jay

Wow, I've been way off my mark. I knew the Regen Time would be a hex, but I figured on using CA Focus to help negate this effect.

<Nods Head> Thanks for the input folks. I'll put my consumable munchie CA buffers away in a tupperware container for now....except the buffs. I'll sneak a few of those w/o hopefully ruining my new diet plan.

Be careful even with the buffs. Example, if I were to carelessly level up Grim Resilience(SW buff) the +% regen penalty of the buff would become a hex on all of my combat arts. The thing to do with buffs like that are to balance the Aspect's Focus skill with the regen penalty of the buff, unless you're just not concerned with having ridiculous regen times on all your Combat Arts. On the other hand, a buff like Grand Invigoration(HE buff) has no negative penalties to regen or anything (and is totally awesome) so you can level a buff like that up as much as your heart desires.

I do excatly what u do on my high elf ive consumed 10 of every fire spell excpet incandesnt skin and fire demon but I also have my lore and foucs at 30 is that a good idea are bad:)

I do excatly what u do on my high elf ive consumed 10 of every fire spell excpet incandesnt skin and fire demon but I also have my lore and foucs at 30 is that a good idea are bad:)

Once again I think its a playing preference. If you can live with long CA regen times go right ahead. But if your CA damage isnt that high and you have a long regen time, then the CA becomes less efficient.