Open.net :(

Before I forget to mention it ( as I will never forget it ), Open net = bulls***.

Got on open net to play with one of my first toons, ( when I first got the game, thats the only way I could MP ).

A person said come along and we can level up quickly. Ok lets go I said, My build was only like lev 24,

Go grab a quest with ths person, finish it, and return to questgiver for reward and BAM level 110 in one shot.

Completely ruined my build as I have hardly any runes etc. to support him.

What are they doing?

Long and short of it NO MORE OPEN NET.

I wanted to warn others, this is no way to level up, let alone play the game.

Jet

Edited by Knuckles

Open.net unfortunately is full of people that have modified characters....It's handy sometimes to check out a build or to verify stats at higher lvls but I'll never play there....Knowing that anything I want/desire/feel like is a file edit away cheapens any sense of achievement I get when playing the game.

Sorry about the toon..basically it's as bad as dying really

Send in the dog Jamie :thumbsup:

Btw deleted both OC chars.

So yea, I consider them casulties of the game. At least I'm trying to convince myself of that.

Jet

Edited by Jetcutter

Sorry about the experience, Jet :viking:

The different modes of this game offer differing benefits to everyone who plays. Some like to work with game files, some like the enforced rules of HC, some like the mix with SoftCore and get a kind of compromise. I remember when I first started playing this game years ago, I was very gung ho against all open players. Took me a while to finally "grok" that eveyrone has their own time they can give to gaming, and their own interests.

We actually played a few games in open with friends, met some very friendly people there, and I even know them on a few forums to this day. Heck, lol...me and Schot did all our WIDD tests in the old days in Open! :butcher:

This, I believe, is one of the game's strengths.

A myriad of gaming modes for any human's possible needs and whims. As long as we're good with where we, with all our own unique playing styles have the most fun, so many modes do a great job of fitting gamers' needs, especially with a game which has a learning curve as tough as this, and with no respec^^

Looking to read about more of your adventures, good luck with the next one!

:woot:

gogo

:woot:

If we'd been on same platform, you coulda met up with a bunch of us from D.a.r.k and gotten goin again in style!

:viking:

gogo

Werkin on it! EU server hopefully VERY soon.

:butcher:

Edited by Jetcutter