I hate my ranged Inquisitor build- Waaaaaaah!

The ranged is competing with his magic spells, and the best part of this class has been knocked out by the Energy Weapon use

Waaaaaaaaaaah!

inqranged.jpg

I'm gonna have to respec so I get to do something fun with this build

Waaaaaaaaaaaah!

I think I need a hug!

Waaaaaaaaaah!

:dance:

gogo

Melee's probably more fun than ranged (edit: for inquisitor...IMO), but yeah you wouldn't wanna take away from the AS carnage :P It's just waaaaay too fun. I've had a blast using melee for small groups and bosses, with AS for large (No. Think bigger.) groups.

Until you get the buffs to a decently high level, just have that potion button ready :)

Cheers!

Edited by MTCityHunter

You hit it on the head. My ranged was doing all the work, lol...never had time to get any of the Combat Arts off in time to appreciate the synergy I wanted to build in. His dex though is pretty insane with it's growth. Maybe when I get my first inqu all happy and powerful as a meleer and I've gotten my fill of blood, I can consider adding some ranged via a slot and take advantage of his ranged.

It's too bad I couldn't find any useful or entertaining synergies from using the Ruthless Mutilation. It's cool that it fires three shots off..but that's pretty much all it does. With the SW, you've got that amazingly delightful animation where when one is hit, he goes of flying into the rest like a set of ten pins!

:)

gogo

You hit it on the head. My ranged was doing all the work, lol...never had time to get any of the Combat Arts off in time to appreciate the synergy I wanted to build in. His dex though is pretty insane with it's growth. Maybe when I get my first inqu all happy and powerful as a meleer and I've gotten my fill of blood, I can consider adding some ranged via a slot and take advantage of his ranged.

It's too bad I couldn't find any useful or entertaining synergies from using the Ruthless Mutilation. It's cool that it fires three shots off..but that's pretty much all it does. With the SW, you've got that amazingly delightful animation where when one is hit, he goes of flying into the rest like a set of ten pins!

:P

gogo

I dunno, what about RM-->CM-->RT with ranged? Would that work? That may accomplish the bowling pin thing you're going for :)

Just imagine if RM still shot a projectile for every available target vs. the 3 it does now....lol.

What kind of effects were you seeing Erling? All I'm seeing now is my three bolts flying out and then things dying. There is the soul reaver effect where the souls come back to me...but that's only three at a time, and nothing as fun as when you use a two hander to take out a whole mob and see them all fly up in the air then drill down into our body.

extraordinary

Did you use some of MTCityHunter Combat Arts that he mentioned in combos? I'm just wondering if, when they're combo'd, they can affect multiples at once. Inqs are just fantastic at mobs, I want to see more more more magic!

:D

gogo

ohh.. @city, it actully did shot more than 3 earlier... even more than in enemies sight or on map aswell... ( was a early bug, was nerfed/modified to 3)

and as for the RM -> CM (and rt combo) ... (Ruthless Mutilation ->Clustering Maelstrom and eventually Raving thrust) is far more effective with 2 handed close-combat weapons because of the high damage (and not 2 hits with DW) and because its close-combat so its mobs.. when you play ranged the enemies dont mob.. more like scatter :P and as for raving thrust, I'd say its alot inferior to CM and if anything is still standing after a nice and big CM clash, another RM would finish them off :)

af for the netherworld aspect ( :D )

Inexorable Subjugation is really cool because you can make your own little army to play with when you get bored, which is alot of fun.. ;) but if you cill someone with it, their soul will not get dragged into your soul reaver, so you should kill someone normally sometimes ^_^

what could be intresting for mobs though... is to go melee/netherworld and use Eruptive Desecration after a kill :P kill one, blow him up. and hopefully killing the rest of the mob?

I can see now that this post got a little messy :) just ask if you want me to.. specify something

Yeah, I never saw that bug in action, but I understand that ranged RM used to be rather...redonkulous.

'N yeah, I figure RM would be more effective up close, but I was just trying to think of a way to incorporate ranged multi shots (RM) and some astute supremacy goodness into the same combo. I don't use those abilities in the same combo with my hybrid build (Shameless Plug), so I just wasn't even sure if it would work properly. The idea was RM to shoot 3 projectiles followed by CM "setting up the pins" (although I assume it would target somewhat randomly between them), and RT "knocking them down". Lol, I dunno, I've never run a ranged build of any kind, much less Inquisitor.

I share the love with regards to the netherworld aspect. It's hella fun, and seems to compliment both of the other trees so well. It definitely provides a nice change of pace to start using IS to build a mini army from time to time :oooo: To me, NU is to individuals and small groups what AS is to large groups; in other words, nothin' but good!

Eruptive Desecration is the one skill I just can't find a way to use though. It's so random...to the point I don't ever want to rely on it. Its targeting is so wonky that it always seems to miss what I want it to hit by detonating some corpse over yonder when the guys I'm fighting are standing on another one that refuses to explode... Plus I find that I get annoyed when I place it in a combo, because aside form the fact it misses 90% of the time when mobs are still alive, it'll still go off when there are no targets left alive, which slows me down and I don't like that much. Later on, I'll probably just read a million runes for it and get the heal mod so I can use it as an occasional on demand band-aid that might kill something while I'm at it. Or maybe I'll simply continue not to use it. Ah well, pretty much every class has a useless CA, but couldn't we have gotten a teleport or jump instead of that ED garbage for cryin' out loud?!

Not that I'm complaining really, everything else about the class is ridiculous amounts of fun for me :lol:

Edited by MTCityHunter

hmm, cant you target with eruptive no more? earlier we had to put our crusor over a lich for it to work.. cant say I prefered it but it wasnt random :oooo:

hmm, cant you target with eruptive no more? earlier we had to put our crusor over a lich for it to work.. cant say I prefered it but it wasnt random :Just_Cuz_12:

Well, I can't speak for PC, but on console, its un-targetable. In theory it detonates the closest corpse to the inquisitor, so you should be able to stand on a corpse and detonate it when mobs come to eat you, but I've seen it target what was decidedly NOT the closest corpse on occasion. Oh well, not really a big deal I 'spose.

did some eruptive testing today.. lol had it like level 24 or my 67 Inquisitor, was kinda more of a bother to kill something and drag them to you than just killing them all :viking: I will try to maybe power level it, just for fun and see how it turns out :Just_Cuz_12:

• 6 months later...

I was about to start a ranged inquisitor build when.............. I saw this thread :)

but why ? I'm asking because I think that in time a ranged inquisitor build will be powerful enough :)

I was about to buid a ranged inquisitor with the Zealous Doppelganger, reverse polarity buffs (maybe soul reaver too)(I like the invisible clone thingy :) )

....and now you made me think twice about it :)

I was about to start a ranged inquisitor build when.............. I saw this thread :D

but why ? I'm asking because I think that in time a ranged inquisitor build will be powerful enough :)

I was about to buid a ranged inquisitor with the Zealous Doppelganger, reverse polarity buffs (maybe soul reaver too)(I like the invisible clone thingy :) )

....and now you made me think twice about it :oooo:

I built on on Console and took it to level 75. I tried to concentrate on GI aspect and with energy rods or pistols it just wasn't as tough as a pole arm or dual build. if you concentrate on AS aspect you may have a lot of fun with it. CM-LA combo is sooooo much fun on mobs. but as a boss killer ya gotta plan for that much better than I did.

I want to start a Ranged Inquisitor but I keep hesitating since my luck with Energy Gun drops has not been that great(tons of bows though...).

My vision was to use CM to gather them all up in a nice ball after herding a couple of packs together, RT to throw them all away from me and then a CE/RM combo from the gun after that with RM modified with Deprivation so at high levels anything melee should never have a chance to make it back to me.

Any negative effects from riding the spider with a ranged build? I really want to incorporate that into my character, such a badass mount for a badass toon.

I want to start a Ranged Inquisitor but I keep hesitating since my luck with Energy Gun drops has not been that great(tons of bows though...).

My vision was to use CM to gather them all up in a nice ball after herding a couple of packs together, RT to throw them all away from me and then a CE/RM combo from the gun after that with RM modified with Deprivation so at high levels anything melee should never have a chance to make it back to me.

Any negative effects from riding the spider with a ranged build? I really want to incorporate that into my character, such a badass mount for a badass toon.

Ranged builds are at home on mounts in any class, I think.

Just wondering if any Combat Arts have an issue when mounted. I know some people have claimed certain Combat Arts suffer from added animation time or other such issues when mounted.

Just wondering if any Combat Arts have an issue when mounted. I know some people have claimed certain Combat Arts suffer from added animation time or other such issues when mounted.

usually the melee arts are more affected. ranged I don't think so much.

ah ha... I remember this post. I was so gung ho on the Inquisitor class then cuz our Kamikaze went evil that time, and our entire community was able to play Evil toons.

The Inquisitor class ranged was so powerful, but it's just too bad that (at least with all the great shopping I had for it goin) it's ranged hits kept killing everything so quickly that I never had a chance to really get a kick out of seeing his amazing Combat Art's in action.

heh, can only imagine what him with ranged must be like to run with RPH

Can we spell overpowered?

gogo

ah ha... I remember this post. I was so gung ho on the Inquisitor class then cuz our Kamikaze went evil that time, and our entire community was able to play Evil toons.

The Inquisitor class ranged was so powerful, but it's just too bad that (at least with all the great shopping I had for it goin) it's ranged hits kept killing everything so quickly that I never had a chance to really get a kick out of seeing his amazing Combat Art's in action.

heh, can only imagine what him with ranged must be like to run with RPH

Can we spell overpowered?

gogo

When I did mine on XBOX I wasn't using noib smith arts. so in was kinda weak. I would run it again I think with the right gear.