Lightsaber Question

I have been looking for lightsabers for quite a while, but haven't been able to find any at the vender. (at least I think)

Right now, I'm level 81 and my bargaining is at 1, with +78 bargaining for a total of 79.

I guess what I don't understand is what the lightsabers look like when you buy them from the vender, or if there are any special prevfixes that indicate that the weapon would have a lightsaber graphic.

From what I read - lightsabers are swords only, but do not have a specific prefix or suffix - and do not have a graphic at all (it should appear solid black)

Is all that information correct and I'm just having bad luck? or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for any help, I'm either just having bad luck or not understanding what I'm suppose to be looking for.

nope, I've just read about them and want to turn my inquisitor into a proper sith lord, even if it's just to look cool when I log on / off. I have never seen one in game and wouldn't mind finding a pair

There is probably a legendary or unique item that has the skin you are looking for.

I would check wiki for any type of weapon that looks like what you want, but I think I know what you are talking about. It looked more pink on my TV (on 360 ) rather than red like a proper sith lord.

Well I Know For A Fact Its A (Something) Annealed Blade.

I Think Its Like, Energy, Or Energised, Or Something Along Those Parameters.

Its Not A 3 Star Or A 4 Star, I Know That For Sure.

Other Than That, Im Stumped. :)

-Jamie.

Thanks Jrmoore2, that's exactly the info I was looking for. Also thanks BoF12, I know the cool looking uniques you are talking about, but I haven't found any of those either. I guess I'm just not too lucky. I still don't have my full set achievement either, but I still have 120ish lvls, so hopefully I'll come across the right stuff.

You can always check out Schot's farming idea. Get to level 59 or 60 and make a bronze free mode and farm white griffin and wild boar for level 20 sets.

It's good if you are planning on making new characters.

Someone else mentioned the harpy queen was level 35 so you can farm higher level set items at her.

I would also suggest the dragons like the one in Grunwald and Dryad island which are easy to get to.

Farming bosses would get you lots of sets and uniques, but trying to find 1 particular blade might be hard.

Thanks BoF12, I'm currently level 83 and will probably start farming once I finish my platinium compain in a few lvls. I was gonna farm on plat, I heard the drop rates were higher. Is that true? What is the benifit of bronze? the ease / speed of the killing?

I've near made it to plat. I cannot offer advice, but generally the higher difficulty the better the items.

The benefit of bronze is that the enemies are area based in level.

So enemies around lets say Sloeford are level 1-5, Clearview 5-10, etc.

You will not get any experience from these enemies in bronze, but you can farm the bosses for low level gear. AKA sets at low level for your achievement.

However, the level maximum that a character can be in bronze is level 60. I do not know if this holds up on the console versions because ive never been that high. On the other hand, the level cap for silver is 100 so you might farm in silver and see how the enemies fair to you there.

Schot had a level 60 high elf that he was farming in bronze with and he 1 shotted the White Griffin and 3 shotted the Wild Boar.

You might try the same thing on silver and get stuff higher than level 100 based on survival bonus.

I dont know if the enemies have the same level cap and that was the whole point of what Schot was doing. He was trying to find out what level caps enemies were on difficulties so that he could farm them. At level 100, you could check out the White Griffin and the Wild Boar to find out what level they are.

If I recall correct(90% sure), certain difficulties present different level caps. So for bronze, white griffin and wild boar are capped at level 17? so they will drop level 20 sets(may have the 17 and 20 mixed up, still learning the game). Silver has its caps and so on.

From my understanding, lightsabres are not unique items and I've only seen them at a vendor asofar. However, I've also only seen them with fairly high bargaining skill (My L 81 Bargainer has ~240 Bargaining with 75 hard points). You will likely want to get your Bargaining to Mastery ASAP to have any good chance at having a vendor offer them to you, since I saw a marked improvement in the quality of offers when I leveled from 74 to 75. Also, any bargaining "guides" I've seen tend to suggest keeping Bargaining at about 2-3 time your level to maintain usefulness, so you'll want to get a few more bonuses to Bargaining/General Skills/All Skills as well as putting in hard points.

I tend to pick up Lightsabres when I come across them, and may even have a spare red one. If you'd like, send me a friend invite, and I'd be happy to hand it over if I have it.

I picked up 4 lightsabers early on with my character. he was a level 15 TG at the time with about 30-40 in bargaining. every one of my lightsabers are named differently (can't remember exactly what each one was, though I do know at least 1 or 2 were not named *something* annealed blade).

every one of mine has the sword symbol next to it, is 2 stars, and has a weight of 2. also, when looking at the graphic for them, it is all black, and nothing shows up. also something to look for, is that everyone of mine also is half physical damage and half something else, so that little colored bar that shows yellow for physical will be half of some other color.

hope that helps.

oh, and like the previous poster said, you pretty much need bargaining to be 2-3 times higher than your level. one other thing to note, many people have complained of their game locking up when dual weilding lightsabers, and some have complained of it locking when only using 1. I haven't had this problem, but I haven't used mine a whole lot.

Edited by raezalj
I picked up 4 lightsabers early on with my character. he was a level 15 TG at the time with about 30-40 in bargaining. every one of my lightsabers are named differently (can't remember exactly what each one was, though I do know at least 1 or 2 were not named *something* annealed blade).

every one of mine has the sword symbol next to it, is 2 stars, and has a weight of 2. also, when looking at the graphic for them, it is all black, and nothing shows up. also something to look for, is that everyone of mine also is half physical damage and half something else, so that little colored bar that shows yellow for physical will be half of some other color.

hope that helps.

oh, and like the previous poster said, you pretty much need bargaining to be 2-3 times higher than your level. one other thing to note, many people have complained of their game locking up when dual weilding lightsabers, and some have complained of it locking when only using 1. I haven't had this problem, but I haven't used mine a whole lot.

This is the truth right here.

Spent an hour tonight getting my level 15 TG with enough Bargaining and +All Skills points to kill a goddamn elephant, and I found two level 15 red lightsabers in 5 minutes. :Just_Cuz_12:

Thanks guys, I had my bargianing at 1 and was just relying on relics and all skills, but I've only been able to keep it pretty much on level - so I'll just start a new toon and just pump up the bargaining and see what I can find. :thumbsup: