Two on one console questions - PS3

Myself and my wife have played MMO games before and just started Sacred 2 about a week ago. We love that you can play offline just as well as online in the same game. My question is fairly complex so here goes.

Can 2 players on separate accounts (tried on same account, got to level 21 before we found out it does not work), and on the same level of quests, both quest together on one console? I know they can play together splitting experience and drops, but can they play together and while in the same parts of the quest do them both at the same time getting credit for both players?

If not, we have a 2nd PS3 and can go into the game room on a smaller TV to play separate. I am just trying to save $60 if I dont have to purchase another game. I know the main advantage would be the ability to trade gear from one account to another, which I wish they would patch, but anyway, Thanks for your time.

Can 2 players on separate accounts (tried on same account, got to level 21 before we found out it does not work), and on the same level of quests, both quest together on one console?

You can, just make another PSN account on the same console and create another character there or just copy your saved game (knowing that there's a risk that you cannot trade online due to a glitch).

I know they can play together splitting experience and drops, but can they play together and while in the same parts of the quest do them both at the same time getting credit for both players?

When you play 2 player local you both get credit for Quests and such but only the 1st player can do the class quests if you're running different classes. Only catch is, when you get back to the 2nd players game (Starting the game under that account instead of the other) it will appear that you haven't done any quests. So it's kind of odd but it doesn't really matter that the other player's quests progress aren't counted. You'll probably really only want to just do your main story quests and class quests and ignore the rest unless you have some you particularly like. That's how my Wife and I do it anyway :)

If not, we have a 2nd PS3 and can go into the game room on a smaller TV to play separate. I am just trying to save $60 if I dont have to purchase another game.

Ok, if you stick to one console can I have the other? :pitcher:

I know the main advantage would be the ability to trade gear from one account to another, which I wish they would patch...

I've heard that European PS3 players have a patch that fixes the lack of local player item trading. Maybe North America will get it soon :(

Can 2 players on separate accounts (tried on same account, got to level 21 before we found out it does not work), and on the same level of quests, both quest together on one console?

You can, just make another PSN account on the same console and create another character there or just copy your saved game (knowing that there's a risk that you cannot trade online due to a glitch).

I know they can play together splitting experience and drops, but can they play together and while in the same parts of the quest do them both at the same time getting credit for both players?

When you play 2 player local you both get credit for Quests and such but only the 1st player can do the class quests if you're running different classes. Only catch is, when you get back to the 2nd players game (Starting the game under that account instead of the other) it will appear that you haven't done any quests. So it's kind of odd but it doesn't really matter that the other player's quests progress aren't counted. You'll probably really only want to just do your main story quests and class quests and ignore the rest unless you have some you particularly like. That's how my Wife and I do it anyway :P

If not, we have a 2nd PS3 and can go into the game room on a smaller TV to play separate. I am just trying to save $60 if I dont have to purchase another game.

Ok, if you stick to one console can I have the other? :)

I know the main advantage would be the ability to trade gear from one account to another, which I wish they would patch...

I've heard that European PS3 players have a patch that fixes the lack of local player item trading. Maybe North America will get it soon :)

This is great information. I appreciate the post and it's detail. If you have time, maybe you could add a writeup to help players on the wiki in the ps3 section here ? :

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...ole_Information

Cheers!

:)

gogo

So on one console players can progress on the same storyline together but not both class quests?

Short answer, yes. The class quests will only be available for the host account's player class (I mean that on local console terms, just to clarify) but since you're both on the same campaign you both can progress through the campaign quests together. My Wife and I's scenario is that I generally host the game (Shadow Warrior) and she (High Elf) joins in. I get my Shadow Warrior class quests to appear and can take them and my wife can help but she'll not see her class quests in that game unless she does them on her own in SP-mode or I join her game some time. Does that make sense?

Then when player 2 goes back to there account can they progress in silver/gold/etc...?

Yeah, the "other" player can start a Bronze or Silver campaign on their own, as the host of the game is the only thing that matters. If I host a game, offline or online, my game's status is what sets the scenario for those who join it.

P.S. @gogoblender: Thanks! I'll make that my first Wiki project then :)