Disappearing mounts

(On the PS3)

So, my Wife and I were playing local co-op last night and, at first, we did some character switching for some experience tests but then we settled in on exploring the map. We were both riding out unique mounts around Artamark and found the dungeon that takes you into Crag Rock, just south of Pirate Bay. Upon leaving the dungeon into Crag Rock, she went to summon her mount and the option was greyed out. Looked in her inventory for the mounts and they were gone (They, because she still had her old horse in the list too). Unfortunately, the game had already done an autosave but, just in case, we thought to try her leaving my game, waiting a little and then come back. That didn't work either. Then we just saved, then quit the whole game and try again. Her mounts are permanently gone. The only thing we haven't tried is to just go into her SP game and see if she has her mounts there. It's not a terribly big deal, as she has more than enough money to buy another one, but just knowing that happened is very scary.

Some other weirdness that happened that game was that, earlier on, we noticed that her character wasn't picking any items up other than some gold. At the same time, my character seemed to pick up everything. I even have my item filter on 2-stars only but was still picking up zero-star items. NOTE: This is the first time out of all the time we've been playing that something like this has happened. That night was just an odd mix of...oddness and I didn't like it. I think I'll avoid switching characters in and out of a local co-op game.

(On the PS3)

So, my Wife and I were playing local co-op last night and, at first, we did some character switching for some experience tests but then we settled in on exploring the map. We were both riding out unique mounts around Artamark and found the dungeon that takes you into Crag Rock, just south of Pirate Bay. Upon leaving the dungeon into Crag Rock, she went to summon her mount and the option was greyed out. Looked in her inventory for the mounts and they were gone (They, because she still had her old horse in the list too). Unfortunately, the game had already done an autosave but, just in case, we thought to try her leaving my game, waiting a little and then come back. That didn't work either. Then we just saved, then quit the whole game and try again. Her mounts are permanently gone. The only thing we haven't tried is to just go into her SP game and see if she has her mounts there. It's not a terribly big deal, as she has more than enough money to buy another one, but just knowing that happened is very scary.

Some other weirdness that happened that game was that, earlier on, we noticed that her character wasn't picking any items up other than some gold. At the same time, my character seemed to pick up everything. I even have my item filter on 2-stars only but was still picking up zero-star items. NOTE: This is the first time out of all the time we've been playing that something like this has happened. That night was just an odd mix of...oddness and I didn't like it. I think I'll avoid switching characters in and out of a local co-op game.

Weird, I had the same thing happen on my Xbox when I tried to pop in a coop with my friend. After teleporting once, I found that both my horse and shroud spider were grayed out. I then switched out of the game, popped back in, and then I didn't have any mounts at all :) Later, I booted up the console to play SP and found that my save file had been corrupted. I'd check just in case for her SP game to make sure that didn't get messed up.

The only thing we haven't tried is to just go into her SP game and see if she has her mounts there.

If you try this, you will see the the mount is there and is not lost!

I dont have the link but, I remember reading a post on this forum somewhere about this problem. It also talk about how the 2nd players mount can be enabled again by going to that players last save point pillar it used in its SP game, while in player 1's game.

Player B last save point pillar was in Town X of its own SP game.

Player A Host new game.

Player B joins Players A's game.

Player A has mount, but player B does not.

Travel to Town X and walk near save point, this should enable the mount for player B.

This did work for me.

Hope it helps you too.

The only thing we haven't tried is to just go into her SP game and see if she has her mounts there.

If you try this, you will see the the mount is there and is not lost!

I dont have the link but, I remember reading a post on this forum somewhere about this problem. It also talk about how the 2nd players mount can be enabled again by going to that players last save point pillar it used in its SP game, while in player 1's game.

Player B last save point pillar was in Town X of its own SP game.

Player A Host new game.

Player B joins Players A's game.

Player A has mount, but player B does not.

Travel to Town X and walk near save point, this should enable the mount for player B.

This did work for me.

Hope it helps you too.

Thanks, MantisPR. I hope that works for us too!

psn name REDEYE_420 all chars REDEYE 131ser

I noticed that when I was in a freeworld and did the mount quest I could never use my mount in another persons' freeworld of the same diffaculty..

did she do freeworld mount quest? hit me up on psn if this helps, I'm curious

So my mount disappeared after I fought the Octagolmus (however its spelled). Still shows up in my inventory under the mount tab, but when I summon it nothing happens.

Maybe it's still being digested by him :D

Mine disappeared in a single player mode through a campaign on the xbox.

It disappeared when I transported and when I tried summoning all I got was a whistle. Then I looked in my inventory and where my mounts should be it was showing some armour rather than mounts, even when using rb it showed the details for the armour.

I logged out then back in and still the same, switched the xbox off as well and it was still the same when I got back. It was only when I tried loading a different character up that it actually reset itself.