Damage Modifiers

do not change the base damage at all.... physical works fine. and yes I had convert dmg on my wep each time I tried it. the only thing I didnt do was go out and actually hit with each weapon which is what I will do next. the damage% in bonus goes up when you add the dam% for each elemental. I just dont see the base dmg go up as physical does. I was wondering if it's glitched before I do anymore messin' around with it.

rings that say dam:fire xx% dam:magic: xx% dam:poison xx% dam:ice xx% DO NOT WORK AT ALL

AND the ones that say damage xx% work for all BUT only actually give 16.8% of whatever the % on the ring says

for instance say you find a ring and it says damage100%, when you put it on it only actually raises damage by 16.8%(used 100% for easy numbers good luck finding one)

after a little math I found to really get 100%dmg from rings you'd have to equip damage rings totaling 345.8%to get 100%(I.e. double your dmg)

do what u will with this info for those of you who read this

convert dmg fire still better couse I hit my top end dmg v.s. physical I usually hit less than 25% of my top dmg

Damage modifiers only affect built-in damage of weapons. If a weapon has poison/magic/ice/fire damage then the +%Damage will increase those as well (as will +%Element Damage of the proper element).

Therefore Fire Spells benefit from +%Fire Damage, etc.

Damage Converters apply after all damage is calculated, so adding +% Fire Damage with a Lava chunk will do nothing if the weapon has no fire damage.

As to +100% only adding 16.8%... That depends.

All +%Damage sources are summed before calculations, so if you have +100% from gear, +150% from Tactics Lore (for example) and +100% Physical Damage, then on a 100% Physical Damage attack of 100 Base Damage you will deal :

100 (base) * (1 + 1 + 1.5 + 1) = 100 * 4.5 = 450 damage.

If you add another +100% Damage to your gear it will become:

100 * 5.5 = 550 damage.