Beating the Octagolamus

I have heard fire damage helps. Do a quick check of the opponent's weaknesses to damage types, as well as their own damage types and adjust your attack damage properties and relics (resistances) to fit. This is general advice that can change the outcome of a fight, or at least make it easier.

I don't know if there's a "best level" for bosses, if it's just too hard, level some and come back. Most of my boss fights thus far have started strategic and ended up a toe-to-toe slugfest between frat boys with me chugging health pots instead of Natural Light by the case. Play with blacksmith mods to change weapon damage, try different methods, etc. but if you're barely leaving a dent after 5 minutes, might be easier to just grab those few levels.

Edited by Sych

Fire or ice work well. I usually get him in the teens. Lure him in close to the shore - he seems to be weaker there (the orcs tell you this too).

Hello yakovjackov,

I can not give a definitive statement but my HE pyro is at level 53 and old Octagolamus did not stand much of a chance.

I started playing silver with my HE in the mid twenties and I recall marching up to the Kobold Chieftan "hill' thinking that it would be a 'walk in the park' only to find out that it was a stalemate.

I could not inflict enough damage quickly enough before he healed himself (also the majority of my damage was fire based which I read should never be used on the Kobold chieftan) and I had to disengage and go back after increasing the damage level applied with each attack plus diversifying the damage type [I found Cobolt strike and magic coup were effective].

Good luck and happy hunting...... :gogo:

Hi

I think Sych's comment made a lot of sense.

If it helps any, I was level 35 on Silver when my BFG seraphim took him on and although it took about 3 mins to take him down, I never really felt that I was in danger of dieing and think I only chugged one potion.

Good luck!

I beat him with a level 20 dyrad the first time threw with my dyrad and I used a bow with magic mod damage. but now I just kill with it with incdeary shower with my high elf. when I fought him on silver I was 43 abt and he was 48 soooooooooo.............. idk what level just dish out alota fire damage. and he should die...

Careful not to use the wall of fire (or whatever it's called) with your High Elf; the flames just go out, while everything has to recharge >< Very frustrating. However, all the other spells work on him :3

I think I used a combination of the meteors and Glacial Thorns, in alternation, and that went pretty well <3