Newb Question - What is the cap on memorizing runes

Hey there Sacred 2 world, your game is sweet. Newb Question: What is the cap on memorizing runes? Should I stop reading runes for CAs that I dont really use? If I dont will it bite me in the arse l8r?

Sorry that was 3 questions..

Hey there Sacred 2 world, your game is sweet. Newb Question: What is the cap on memorizing runes? Should I stop reading runes for CAs that I dont really use? If I dont will it bite me in the arse l8r?

Sorry that was 3 questions..

1. I don't believe that there is a cap, if there is, its fairly high then.

2. If your not using those Combat Arts then the runes could be put to better use by trading them in for Combat Arts that you actually use.

3. Nope, those runes will only affect their respective CA recharge times, which will have no impact on the other Combat Arts

Not really a cap, nut if you read too many for an art you don't have skills for, you don't get a full "level" for the runes. (e.g. "Max level without penalty") When you notice you get less than a full point for a rune, it's just past time to stop reading.

As I was loading up the game I actually read one of those tips, and it mentioned focusing on some CAs vs all of them. I was just curious if you could only take a certain amount of skills past a certain level, or if you could take them all to 100 and its just wiser to focus on a what you use most. Only level 25 here, but still trying to avoid a reroll if I can~

As I was loading up the game I actually read one of those tips, and it mentioned focusing on some CAs vs all of them. I was just curious if you could only take a certain amount of skills past a certain level, or if you could take them all to 100 and its just wiser to focus on a what you use most. Only level 25 here, but still trying to avoid a reroll if I can~

There is an important distinction between "skills" and "combat arts" that I think you're a bit cloudy on. You can always reference something like the Sacred 2 Wiki pages, but basically, it's like this:

Combat Arts are the things you actually "use" to fight. You click on them, the character does something. To improve them you consume runes with the combat art's name.

Skills can be thought of as supplemental training to improve your character in general. Something like the Sword Weapons skill improves your ability with swords. To improve these, you open the skills screen and spend the points you earn when you gain a level.

I believe the in-game tip you are referring to is referencing skills, as there's a limited number of points you can use to improve your skills, which is obviously restricted by the level cap ultimately and hence, you cannot max all of your skills. For combat arts, you can improve those (which is done by eating runes, not putting "points" in them) as much as you like, although that has its own drawbacks such as making the regeneration time for that combat art longer (you must wait longer for it to "recharge").

My apologies if I'm misunderstanding you and this is all just nonsense. Feel free to ask for clarification here, or check the aforementioned reference tools if you're still a little unsure. The distinction was confusing for me too, since many games use the term "skill" and "combat art" interchangeably. If I am incorrect and the game is in fact talking about combat arts, it may be subtly and poorly referencing combat art "modifications," which is another upgrade mechanic that's somewhat complicated.

Edited by Sych

I could have misread the tip. But I am talking combat arts. I have checked the wiki, < really nice job to everyone involved btw>, but I havent found anything pertaining to my question. Probally just that the game is still very new for the consoles.

the only way to for sure know what level you can use up to is by learning your focus skills. you will notice in the description that it says "max level combart art" or something of the such. and like what was said above, the only way to know for sure if you dont know your focuses, it when your levels go into decimals.