Inexorable Subjugation - Ideas on Uses?

Hey guys

I've fallen in love with the mechanics of the Nefarious Netherworld Aspect. They are deep, powerful, and, at least for me right now, have lots of surprises. One of the Combat Arts in this aspect I found most intriguing is the Inexorable Subjugation CA. After looking at it carefully for a while, it started looking that the CA could be split up into two portions that are useful. The first part which slows down and almost freezes an enemy in place

th_is2.jpg

... very useful for let's say controlling a very powerful creature like a champ or boss...and the other part, which can actually create an army of hirelings.

th_is1.jpg

The hirelings are good looking, I like their blue wire-frame graphics, but I'm finding that maintaining a large group of them on screen at once to be daunting, if not very tiring...we have to keep making a hireling over and over (and over and over) while in battle with the rest of our horde, which is wonderful to see when they swarm something. If you look at the modifiers available for this CA, the bronze mod affects the quality of the subjugation beam, while the silver and gold affect the quality of the hirelings.

Two out of three pointing to use of it's hireling properties...which makes me wonder if others have found use in a hireling army through use of this Combat Art.

I have not as yet received mod points for silver and gold modifications, as my character is only level 39, and I'm saving it for the Kami tomorrow...but I'm just wondering how others have specced out this CA, and whether it has any other place in our arsenal of evilness rather than just in use against Bosses.

It's rather spectacular seeing this blue blazing mob descend on Ancaria's nasties, and leaving a swathe in their wake...it's just that pressing that button over and over again to keep producing more hirelings is getting rather tiring, and I'm not sure if my fingers have enough endurance! :Just_Cuz_21:

Does the mod for this CA that extends the hirelings life really make a difference? If I took the Lore for this Aspect, would it add some more precious seconds to their lives?

I'm currently using a combo to create hirelings right now. The mechanics are interesting...all you have to do is make sure that no matter way the enemy is killed, as long as the beam is holding them in thrall, when they squeak their last breath, you get a hireling. I never wait for the beam to actually finish off an enemy, I just use my combo of and Callous Execution. The first part of the CA sends out the beam which holds the monster in place, and then quickly after, because of the como, my toon then races to the enemy, chops off it's head, and Bingo.. a quick conversion.

Do you guys think this is efficient? Has anyone found a better way of converting enemies to our Blue Horded Side? And, at higher levels and perhaps with some work, is it possible to get a large army that can actually stay a while longer?

Cheers!

:yay:

gogo

It's rather spectacular seeing this blue blazing mob descend on Ancaria's nasties, and leaving a swathe in their wake...it's just that pressing that button over and over again to keep producing more hirelings is getting rather tiring, and I'm not sure if my fingers have enough endurance! :P

That's why I use it only as a supplemental power or a change of pace. Tough work raising the dead :D It is hella fun though!

Does the mod for this CA that extends the hirelings life really make a difference? If I took the Lore for this Aspect, would it add some more precious seconds to their lives?

I haven't modded the CA, but I'd imagine as you level yourself and the CA (and the duration naturally increases), the duration mod only gets that much more effective. Some folks have told me they can get them to last around a minute. Combine frequent use of this CA with the gold exploit mod from RP and you could be in serious business, both offensively and defensively. I dunno if Lore increases duration, but definitely damage. At any rate I've no experience with NN Lore.

I'm currently using a combo to create hirelings right now. The mechanics are interesting...all you have to do is make sure that no matter way the enemy is killed, as long as the beam is holding them in thrall, when they squeak their last breath, you get a hireling. I never wait for the beam to actually finish off an enemy, I just use my combo of and Callous Execution. The first part of the CA sends out the beam which holds the monster in place, and then quickly after, because of the como, my toon then races to the enemy, chops off it's head, and Bingo.. a quick conversion.

Do you guys think this is efficient? Has anyone found a better way of converting enemies to our Blue Horded Side? And, at higher levels and perhaps with some work, is it possible to get a large army that can actually stay a while longer?

That's the most efficient method I've seen yet. No need to mix in other CAs if you just want speed. Throwing MP or DS in front of CE works too and you'll more reliably kill the target, but it'll slow you down, and CE pretty much 1 shots champs for me anyways (at least after IS has ticked a couple times).

MT, yay...., lol, I was hoping you'd catch this. You've given me some great feedback on the army portion of the build, which is, to me at least, pretty fascinating. Are you sure about what you're reporting that peeps have gotten the hirelings to last a minute? wow. I was sort of worried about this, because Wiki just says Probation - Increases the spectral companion's lifespan. (33.3% increase) ...is this a flat percentage increase, or are we saying that it actually gets better? Also, do you know if there is a max number of hirelings... tired button pushing permitting of course :D

And how about it's use a Boss Slower-Downer... at higher levels, can it hold them efficiently in thrall? Is it even worth it, or should we just try to tear their spirit out?

:P

gogo

MT, yay...., lol, I was hoping you'd catch this. You've given me some great feedback on the army portion of the build, which is, to me at least, pretty fascinating. Are you sure about what you're reporting that peeps have gotten the hirelings to last a minute? wow. I was sort of worried about this, because Wiki just says Probation - Increases the spectral companion's lifespan. (33.3% increase) ...is this a flat percentage increase, or are we saying that it actually gets better? Also, do you know if there is a max number of hirelings... tired button pushing permitting of course :BlobRed:

And how about it's use a Boss Slower-Downer... at higher levels, can it hold them efficiently in thrall? Is it even worth it, or should we just try to tear their spirit out?

;)

gogo

No I'm not 100% sure, but I don't doubt it that much. I can say with certainty that the ghosts last way longer for me than they did at low levels, so duration definitely improves with character level. They last a fair amount of time even unmodded, so the longer they last, obviously the longer that 33.3% increase will be. I haven't tested it and I suppose it could be a 33% increase from base duration but I would find that awfully lame, not to mention that it'd be a departure from other similar mechanics (I.e. - the doppelganger's +duration mod).

I don't know if there's a cap on max ghosts; I've gotten 7-8 before without trying too hard at it, and that looks like quite a lot when they're running around on screen :D There IS definitely a cap on the mitigation provided by the exploit mod on RP though; that's 25%. BTW, I haven't personally tested that mod either, but I'm fairly certain it works with the IS ghosts. Others have told me it does, and the SW has a similar mechanic with his skeletons.

On the subject of using IS vs Bosses, are there any concrete information on where one would keep the regen time in order to keep channeling all the time? I was trying to find out how long the channeling duration is earlier, but I failed. Neither have I been able to find this information anywhere on the net... Does anyone know?

Edited by glaglablarg
On the subject of using IS vs Bosses, are there any concrete information on where one would keep the regen time in order to keep channeling all the time? I was trying to find out how long the channeling duration is earlier, but I failed. Neither have I been able to find this information anywhere on the net... Does anyone know?

I'm not sure of a specific cutoff, but for a while my IS was at about 1.5-1.7 sec regen and if I cared to, I could spam the combo it was in (IS-DS-CE) non-stop. You may be able to go higher than that and still spam it. Currently, its regen is around 4.0 seconds for me after eating some runes to equalize it to its combo mates (changed to IS-DS-MP), and I don't believe it can be spammed any longer. It I've never really tested that as it wasn't really a goal of my build to optimize IS; its more of a fallback or "I'm bored" option for me. To rely on a combo like that 100% as a boss killer would just take too long for my taste.

You definitely don't need to get its regen very low to spam it, just low enough that its mostly recharged by the time the rest of the combo its in is finished. I've also noticed a bit of a delay between when the beam ends and when the target can act again...for whatever that's worth.

• 4 months later...

I tried a pure magic Inquisitor and I am thinking of creating a new one due to Ice and Blood having Ancient Magic available and this time taking Combat Discipline for some damage.

Anyway, the hardest issue with the army building wasn't to keep up but the game crashed due to the amount of NPCs too frequently and that was bumming me out totally. It might have been addressed in Ice and Blood, I don't know, but if it's still there I will not continue on the build.

The spell also lack damage for bosses at the same time having a quite high regen, making it hard to eat runes.

The IS combat art seems no longer to work in a combination in the addon. Before you could start a combination with it and had killing Combat Art's finish the target while it was under effect.

In the addon:

Reg per Hit -Idea:

No Minion Yet: Have it at really high level. Tip a target with your weapon, IS is recharged, start IS.

Once you have some minions: command them to stay close and attack a single target, the one you use the IS on.

If you have enough minions at a powerful Combat Art, command your minions to select individual targets, perhaps command them even to swarm. Pick a (damaged) target and transfom it into a new minion.

You can use reflection aura and IS at melee range for the first minions, or damage lore and DOT.

My daughter played something like this into gold. So no experience with higher difficulties. There is a german guide about an IS build but it reports problems in the AddOn.