Stuck doing the quest tailing

So I am in the human lands and I was doing the quest "tailing” I followed the guy to the cellar and he disappeared. I go into the cellar and nothing, just an empty room. I went back outside and reactivated the quest. The circle indicator moved over to a field. I went there and nothing happened. When I deactivated the quest the circle moved back to the cellar. I have gone back and forth several times. I have clicked on everything I could possibly think of. I have logged in and out again. I have tried talking to people in town. I have shaken my mouse violently and yelled at the dog (She has since forgiven me) and nothing has worked. Any inspiration or advice you can give would be wonderful.

There's another door in the cellar immediately to the left of the entrance you come in by.

Its not marked out, and its easy to miss.

I know this, cos I had the same frustration as you did about 30 minutes ago until I accidentally discovered the other doorway.

You can thank me later. :P

If it's true I will thank you now and later.

:P

Trust me, I'm right. When you enter the cellar there's an unmarked doorway immediately to the left. It just looks like a black archway, but its a stairway that takes you further down.

I called my PS3 a few choice names before I found it, I can tell ya. :)

And now comes my second thank you. THANK YOU! When I got home for work and logged in I found it right away. I can't believe I missed the door that many times.

And now comes my second thank you. THANK YOU! When I got home for work and logged in I found it right away. I can't believe I missed the door that many times.

That makes two of us that missed it. :P

No problem. Good job I did it, eh? :)