Blacksmith Shadow Warrior Build Discussion

want to make a sw that use blacksmith so I can make some socket items to my other char so the build has to have blacksmith( and no bargain and EP have those on other char) in it , but was else to take was thinking that since I have a dw seraphim I want to use some sort a 2h but what type and wich other skills should I takei dont think I am gonna play it up to level 200, but its stil have to be strong so I cant play it and level him up to a decent level so my blacksmith skill be good

so come happy with some suggestion :thumbsup:

Hi and welcome eternity,

I think the best thing to do is get a couple 2H weapons: a sword, axe/hammer and polearm. Also read one rune in Demonic Blow, Scything Sweep and Frenzied Rampage. Then go out and try each weapon with each CA and see which one you like best in terms of attack speed, damage and animation. Don't worry about skills or attributes at this point.

Try out what I suggested, let me know what you liked and what you didn't and then I can tailor a build/give suggestions around that :)

• 4 weeks later...

I've started to do the same thing. I want a SW two handed, blacksmith. But strong to take all the way. What has started to turn out is an awesome build so far with all three aspects. I'm currently at lvl22. No deaths. My usual test mob on a new build is the kobold chief. I was able to take him out at level 7 and only drank 2 potions. This is the best I've done against him. Even my DW Sara Q of B had to wait till I was mid teens. I've been keeping take of attribute and skill point allocation for every level since about level 8. Looks like I'll be able to run him solo or co-op just changing a bit of tactics to fit. As I flesh him out I could post how and what I've chosen for skills if anyone is interested. I tries using the guide build program but can't get it to work or save so I'm writing it up on Microsoft spreadsheet.

These are my current skills with hard points in them:

2 Death Warrior 10

3 Astral Lord 9

5 Concentration 10

8 Armor Lore 10

12 Combat Discipline 9

18 Malevolent Focus 14

25 ?

At some point I want blacksmithing for sure... purpose for this build. I'm about to hit 25 and not sure yet on which skill to take.

No deaths and the killing has been fairly easy. Quickly leveling up.

Edited by Furian67

Here's the skills I have on my two-handed SW at platinum level 113:

1-Hafted Weapons

2-Tactics Lore

3-Armor Lore

4-Constitution

5-Death Warrior Focus

6-Malevolent Champion Focus

7-Concentration

8-Combat Reflexes

9-Toughness

10-Blacksmith

Extremely solid with Grim Resilience and Reflective Emanation running, I don't think I have been under 70% HP since I was in my 60's.

If you need a safe build to get to a decent level without dying, I would recommend something like this:

2 - Astral Lore

3 - Armor Lore

5 - Astral Focus

(start using nether allegiance buff)

8 - Concentration (get to 75 by level 75)

(add shadow veil and make it a buff)

12 - Blacksmith

18 - Malevolent focus (to mod augmenting guidon and mod grim resilience for party)

25 - Combat Discipline

35 - Constitution

50 - Toughness

65 - your call

Being veiled and doing orc cave runs will get you far (and fast) as long as you have 100% chance to cast without losing the veil. Still, armor lore + toughness + consitution should help take a few hits if you decloak yourself by accident.

Any ideas for the above edit?

I took blacksmithing at 25. Thinking of doing constitution, toughness, then a weapons skill when I figure out what I want to be when I grow up. currently at 28th level now.

Edited by Furian67