'Temple Guardian' Easter Egg?

If any other characters go up to the Temple Ruins (Temple Guardian start location) they will see an orange ? much like those used for the campaign quest markers. Skooth the Adventurer and Levian the Adventurer are at the top of the ruins, and Levian has the orange ?! over his head. If you talk to them the following conversation takes place:

Levian the Adventurer: Hey, you! If you intend to dig here you can forget that right away! We were here first, this is our excavation site!

Skooth the Adventurer: Exactly! Get lost! We don't tolerate people digging on our patch!

Levian the Adventurer: Whoa, look what I found! Appears to be some kind of metal. That piece over there looks almost like an ear. Hand me the large spade, will you?

If you've ever created a Temple Guardian you'll recognise that this must be the conversation that takes place immediately prior to its reactivation, with Skooth and Levian being the two 'archeologists' who flee the site.

Anyone have any idea where this sort of information should go on the wiki? I'm not entirely sure that it classes as an Easter Egg, and at the minute it doesn't look like the place pages are showing anything other than locations on the interactive map...

When you take a class that is not the class that starts at that location to that location, some of them do have an npc with a question mark over his/her head. You do not actually get a quest.

I know this is true for the seraphim starting point, the he starting point and the tg starting point. I don't think I have checked the inquisitor, dryad or sw starting point.

I did not think of that as an easter egg though.

Edited by Ysne58

An easter egg is defined as: A virtual Easter egg is an intentional hidden message, in-joke or feature in an object such as a movie, book, CD, DVD, computer program, web page or video game.

The 2 excavaters talking is just normal dialogue.

For some examples, the box of chocolates and the skeleton on the bench in the desert is a reference to Forrest Gump. Y'Oldah and the wreckage in the swamp in Artamark is a reference to Star Wars. Easter eggs are only things that aren't actually part of the game itself.

Edited by Slayer89

An easter egg is defined as: A virtual Easter egg is an intentional hidden message, in-joke or feature in an object such as a movie, book, CD, DVD, computer program, web page or video game.

For some examples, the box of chocolates and the skeleton on the bench in the desert is a reference to Forrest Gump. Y'Oldah and the wreckage in the swamp in Artamark is a reference to Star Wars. Easter eggs are only things that aren't actually part of the game itself.

Sooo...why is the Legendary Pirate Treasure (which appears in your log) an Easter Egg?

In all honesty, this is why I wasn't sure that the dialogue would be classed as an 'Easter Egg', although it could be viewed as an 'in-joke' of a sort, since only people with a Temple Guardian will understand what's going on (confused the hell out of me until I actually made a TG :P).

@Ysne Hmm, I wasn't aware the other sites did it...I'll maybe have a run around this morning to check the Inquisitor/Dry/SW starting points...

I'll leave adding this information in until we reach more of a consensus (aside from 'NOOOOOO NOT IN THE EASTER EGGS!!' :D is it me or does that sound wrong? :ninja: ) about where this sort of information should go.

--

Edit: You can have conversations at the TG/HE/Inquisitor/Ser start points, but apparently not the Dryad/SW start points (although you can loot the SW's coffin :P) Only the TG and Inquisitor's conversations have anything to do with the actual start of those characters however (the Adventurers refer to metal 'shaped almost like an ear', and the Inquisitor says he's 'waiting for someone').

Edited by ZGold

Sooo...why is the Legendary Pirate Treasure (which appears in your log) an Easter Egg?

In all honesty, this is why I wasn't sure that the dialogue would be classed as an 'Easter Egg', although it could be viewed as an 'in-joke' of a sort, since only people with a Temple Guardian will understand what's going on (confused the hell out of me until I actually made a TG :P).

@Ysne Hmm, I wasn't aware the other sites did it...I'll maybe have a run around this morning to check the Inquisitor/Dry/SW starting points...

I'll leave adding this information in until we reach more of a consensus (aside from 'NOOOOOO NOT IN THE EASTER EGGS!!' :D is it me or does that sound wrong? :) ) about where this sort of information should go.

--

Edit: You can have conversations at the TG/HE/Inquisitor/Ser start points, but apparently not the Dryad/SW start points (although you can loot the SW's coffin :lol:) Only the TG and Inquisitor's conversations have anything to do with the actual start of those characters however (the Adventurers refer to metal 'shaped almost like an ear', and the Inquisitor says he's 'waiting for someone').

That does fill in that information. If we put an interesting side notes section in, it might fit there. Next time I do the Legendary Pirate Treasure, I will see if I can figure out why it might be an easter egg. If I remember correctly, you find a room with several treasure containers and have the potential of getting some really nice stuff.

Most likely the Legendary Pirate Treasure references some movie or book.

Then shouldn't the Easter Egg article mention whichever movie/book/anything else it references? At the minute it's essentially a guide to a 'hidden' quest in the Easter Egg section.

Anyway, I'd suggest that maybe we start expanding on some of the 'places' pages - but someone else can take that project on, the quests are quite enough for me! :tongue: