XBox 360 Question Regarding Item Sparkles

im new to the game and I cant find anything anywhere that explains this

I am unsure why this is but can tell you pretty confidently that it is nothing you need worry about.

To Clarify for anyone reading Tango's questions - I believe he is speaking of the sparkling slots, which are visible while in inventory but to the right of inventory window, which indicate whether a certain piece of armor/jewelry is equipped or if none is equipped.

• 3 weeks later...
The sparkling icon means that the item is new in your inventory since you logged on.

-Lukeasss

Actually I have found, it means that there is something more expensive(not necessarily better) than what you have equipped. Many times it will have something to it that either I havent gotten as a skill or is something I dont use. I just check it against what I am using and sell it if it doesnt benefit me.

Nope, its definately the "this is a new item that you got since you last looked through your inventory" reason.

I know this, because its the only reason a zero-star level 10 sword will sparkle when I'm dual-wielding two level 70 Ysandrifa's Law and they're not sparkling.

And then once I exit and re-enter the inventory, the crap sword doesn't sparkle.

Truth.

Nope, its definately the "this is a new item that you got since you last looked through your inventory" reason.

I know this, because its the only reason a zero-star level 10 sword will sparkle when I'm dual-wielding two level 70 Ysandrifa's Law and they're not sparkling.

And then once I exit and re-enter the inventory, the crap sword doesn't sparkle.

Truth.

It sparkles because its a new item.

• 3 weeks later...

my wife and I tested this out.

it seems to look at the stats of whatever is equipped and if the game things you have not equipped the best one in your inventory, it sparkles. There is an autoequip thing too that doesn't seem to do that well in my hirsute opinion.

I'm wondering if its going by price or item level.

it seems to look at the stats of whatever is equipped and if the game things you have not equipped the best one in your inventory, it sparkles. There is an autoequip thing too that doesn't seem to do that well in my hirsute opinion.

It's most definitely something you haven't yet looked at. Try it this way, kill something so it drops an item, pick it up and look at your inventory. The item will be sparkling. Look at the details fr that item, then close your inventory. Open your inv once again and it's no longer sparkling (and wont sparkle again).

When you log on a character all the items in the inv sparkle for some reason, but will stop just by using the inv (you will be scrolling past them anyway, etc)

It's most definitely something you haven't yet looked at. Try it this way, kill something so it drops an item, pick it up and look at your inventory. The item will be sparkling. Look at the details fr that item, then close your inventory. Open your inv once again and it's no longer sparkling (and wont sparkle again).

When you log on a character all the items in the inv sparkle for some reason, but will stop just by using the inv (you will be scrolling past them anyway, etc)

I do not believe you are talking about the same effect.

Open the inventory and DO NOT open the details. Notice on the right there are icons for the bits of gear you can wear? Notice how some of them are likely sparkling (not the bright appearance that new items get in the inventory list!).