Trading problem with COOP Player (PS3)

While playing COOP, I had an issue at the end of a trade (I think that we had both accepted the trade and I noticed that the saved game indicator flashed), the screen froze and after two minutes of waiting, I had to do a hard reset.

Now, when I try to trade with another COOP player I get a message saying that my save game has been tampered with and it is inhibiting me from trading. :(

Any clues as to how I can remedy this problem?

I've heard people say that this can be fixed by moving your game data to an external memory and then transfer it back to the console. Not 100% sure but it's worth a shot.

Edited by ryanrocker1217

Hello ryanrocker1217,

I will certainly try this tip out. I presume that you need to delete the file from the hard drive on the PS3 after you transfer it to the external drive and then move the 'copy' back from the external drive to the hard drive on the PS3.

It would be nice to create a thread to capture the 'triggers' that are known to cause this bug :ninja:

I had only started this build so even if the 'move' trick does not work, I will simply delete the character (provided that the corruption does NOT affect my other higher level characters).

Happy hunting.....

First off, I'm on 360 so this my not apply.

I did a post in the pinned bugs/glitch section with regards to local coop trading.

1. The why: even though you're playing local coop, it requires you to be connected to the net to trade; and it saves during all trades. Hence if your net cuts out during trading you get hit with the "your saved game has been manipulated"

2. from my experience this affects all your saved games/characters once it has happened.

3. the fix on the 360 is to move your profile or "gamertag" to a memory card, then back to the hard drive; or to simpy re-download your gamertag from xblive... as in recover gamertag. The fix had nothing to do with moving saved game data; only your gamertag.

Not sure how this would apply to the PS3 because I don't own one, but hopefully it's a simular solution. Good luck^^

Edited by sacred

well according to sacred....

you can try this on your ps3.

1. take a usb stick, plug it in your ps3

2. use the XMB (crossbar menu) and go in GAME > SAVED DATA UTILITY

3. locate your sacred saved data and press TRIANGLE and select copy to usb device.

4. Make sure its correctly save on your usb and than go ahead deleting the saved data on your ps3

5. Now copy back saved data from usb to ps3

Optional: you can delete the game data from ps3 too.

sidenote: all your characters are on the same save data file

My opinion: I don't think it will work since your basically backing up a corrupt save file and just putting back on..... so why would it fix. on the other hand.... this game is so bugged that it might work. worth trying.

Hello Sacred,

thanks for the response. I did see your message on the 'glitches and bugs thread' but as I am on the PS3 that operates differently (we do not have gamertags) I was unsure how applicable this solution is but I am desperate enough to try anything :ninja: (mainly due to not wishing to loose the ability for trading with my level 65 HE pyromaniac).

Hello the1youh8,

many thanks for the suggestions and I agree that I do not truely see how this simple moving of files off and back onto the hard drive will make much of a difference.

I did intend to redo my HE but I wanted to at least finish the silver campaign first but this may tip the balance.

Happy hunting......

As a final note, none of the tips were successful in remedying the problem.

In the end, I have started a new set of characters.......happy hunting everyone and thanks for the suggestions.

sacred2=fail

no fix, prollie wont be any sort of patch to repair my ability to trade

in my opinion its a crappy console anti-dupe that only couses more problems