Basic Dryad Questions

Hi,

I'm new to Sacred having never played on the PC before and I have only bought the game a couple of days ago. I have chosen to be a Dryad and basically begun by levelling my character without using and stats/skills earnt in order to decide what I wish to use.

I have a few questions.

What Combat Arts are affective/worthwhile and why?

I plan on using all 3 buffs (adjacent with the Concentration Skill) and so I will more than likely choose to modify each of the buffs to gold. I have each of the combat arts (most of them left at level 1) and I have tested each out to see which ones I find affective. Personally I like the Goldenglade Touch for obvious reasons, but I plan on just using Runes to level this up and not modify it at all. I haven't found an attacking Combat Art that I have thought to be particularly affective but I would like some advice as to whether there are any that people would recommend.

What Skills are a MUST?

OK, I know the obvious ones such as 'Ranged Weapons' and 'Tactics Lore' are a MUST, that's just common sense. I will be using conentration as I hope for buffs to be my focal point. Due to only being able to use 10 skills, I am in a bit of a predicament as to which skills to pick. Are perception and Bargaining needed? Do you need both? If not, which is the better choice? Is there any backdoor way of getting 3 mod points that I can use on a buff, without using a skill that isn't needed. I'm finding it really hard to decide how to make my character.

At the moment I have upgraded a few things. I have got all Combat Arts to level 1 and left them there, with the exception of buffs, which I have upgraded at every opportunity. Although these are all only around level 5. My current skills I have chosen to pick are Ranged Weapons & Tactics Lore (for obvious reasons) Speed Lore (as I believe it will dramatically increase my attack and defence later in the game), Spell Resisitance (Which I think I may have made a mistake picking, although this does give mod points for Capricious Hunter which I wanted to fully Mod Sinister Predator) & Concentration (Which is a MUST for me as I am relying on my Buffs greatly).

I know not many people will reply to this thread and it may have been created a million times, but some advice would be greatly appreciated.

Basically, what Skills/Combat Arts are a MUST or worth having from your own experience and more importantly, from experience what Skills/Combat Arts or tactics that you have tried before DO NOT work very well. If I know what to avoid using, it will hopefully make my choice of Skills etc. alot easier.

To finish off, how much would you recommend BARGAINING and/or PERCEPTION:) I never ever use things like this on RPG's but I believe this may be a bad decision for a new starter on Sacred 2.

Thanks

Aww lots of questions ... let see :

Which combat arts are good, well that depends on which build you want to make.

There are basicly 3 different Dryad combat art lines, I usually mix Cap. Hunter with Nature or woodoo with nature, or just pure nature.

I would say goldenglade touch are a must for all dryads, but thats just my play style saying that. ( GGT from Nature line for healing. )

Uhm nr 2 - spell resistance.

Well if you use GGT, and mod it for more will power. ( the middle one - Persevere, the buttom one . )

Then you dont need spell resistance, you just cast GGT to get spell resistance.

I would use these CA´s as a ranged dryad :

Darting assault. Read 1 rune only till you reach Platinum or get under 0,8 secs regen time - try keep it around 1 sec regen.

Ravaged impact. Read some runes for this - try keep regen around 3-4 secs. This are good power hitter on champs or bosses, you need it do good dammage.

Forest flight. Read one rune only - use mods down- down - down. This will bind mosters, where you teleport from, good when they get 2 close to you & also makes you escape any bind, spider web etc.

Goldenglade Touch. Eat alot runes for this, when 3 times modded - eat runes till regen time 11,5 secs. Mod it Down, down , down, this will make you better spell resist & healing.

Buffs ( Read all runes for them, to get good protection etc ) :

Sinister predator: Could be modded many good ways, I usually do: Up, up, up. This will make you hit really good.

Ancient bark: Up, your choice - both good, also both good. This are your armor buff, do keep it max level. A warning though will make fire hurt more, unless you use GGT to help some offcource.

Moribound animous: Up, up, up. This are if you want to make your pet a killer off bosses, then you need keep woodoo focus same as your level. & also read runes till you are heavily under penalty. Though a good hunter wont need it at all, in my mind.

Try check Puts ranged dryad build

This will give you an idea off what you are going to build, also off what you dont want .

I tried ranged dryads in start. But somehow that wasnt me, so I made pure nature, dual sworder, dual staffer, and my ( secret ) dryad spear tanker.

And 2 more hybrids, not really good.

Good luck :)

Edited by D-molisher

Thanks for the reply D-molisher.

I have decided to start from scratch as I believe I can do better than what I currently have. I was only level 18 so it's not too bad, plus I now have a bit of experience with what I'm doing. I will take your advice on the Spell Resistance and scrap it as GGT is definitely a skill I'll be making the most of. I will have a look into which Combat arts I'm going to focus on modding as I don't want to use skills for all 3 Combat Art rows.

Do you have any advice on what to definitely avoid doing/using?

Hi Ben, welcome to DarkMatters. Regarding definitely what not to do, I'd suggest not eating any more runes than one for your Darting Assault. You'll get more than enough levels from your armor at higher levels, especially if you're using ranged and stick to the Detheya's armor for her. For a ranged build, you'll really need only two buffs, I'd keep it simple at lower levels, and use the Sinister Predator and Nature Weaver to get a good handle on the build mechanics, and then, maybe with a later build consider switching one of those out with Voodoo. Dmol pioneered the one hit dragon kill with use of the Acute Mind, and it can stack just about any of the Dryad's damage on top of each other.

Regarding Bargaining and Enhanced Perception. The game is an ARPG and therefore focuses hugely upon items. One way or another you'll have to find them. In MP, we have Sacred 2 Classifieds where anyone can post ads and/or trade stuff away. If you're going to play SP solely, you will, one way or another, have to get your hands on good equipment, and to make your build competitive, you'll also have to find a way of socketing Amulets into silver sockets, and rings ino the bronze sockets.

When I was first starting out most of my builds had a lot of utiltities built into them. Then later on, I kept them at higher levels and used them as smithers or bargainers to buy stuff for my other toons. Having a Bargaining Network comprised of bargainers at different levels can provide you with the equipment you will need to stay interested in the game as well as build good builds, and later on when you have a goodish bit of equipment stored on your collection of toons, you'll be ready to make your first Zero Utility build, no utilities, pure damage and viability and that's where some of the greatest artistry can be found.

Happy you made your way here to DarkMatters, keep us posted as to how you do.

Good luck.

:thumbsup:

gogo

p.s. IMO, you're going to find it very difficult to play in the swamps without a way of being able to manage the massive Combat Art attacks being thrown at you. I chose Spell Resistance because the dryad was ranged, and around plat, nothing was able to even get close to me anymore...but spells and ranged still could. Careful here ^^