Attack speed jewelry a good substitute for weapon skills

Combat Discipline only has this effect on Consoles, however the remainder of the logic behind the use of Attack Speed Jewelry vs Weapon Skills is still Valid, I am changing the thread title to reflect this and moving it to general discussion for it to apply to all -Zin

I recently learned that if you want to use combat discipline effctively, you must attain high attack speed because (contrary to what would seem logical) combo animation execution speed is determined by your (weapon) attack speed even if the combo is composed exclusively of spells, not your casting speed as gained by "spell lore skills" such as pyro lore for high elf or nature lore for dryad.

The most "simple" way to do this is is to get a weapon skill (even if you are a pure spell caster) for most effective use because combo animation execution speed is determined by your attack speed only (which is influnced by weapon skills) always, not your casting speed as gained by "spell lore skills" such as pyro lore for high elf or nature lore for dryad.

It has come to my attention that you can forgo the weapon skill and get your attack speed through jewelry, so the question I had was, for a pure caster, is it better to drop the weapon skill and get all attack speed through jewelry or get the attack skill and use jewelry for socketing other things....?

Can we list some examples of attack speed jewelry including item name, level and difficulty where found?

Here is an example build I am thinking about:

High Elf - Pure Caster but will use magic coup also which is "combat-based" ca

Delphic Lore

Bargaining

Delphic Focus

Pyro or Ice focus

Concentration

Armor lore

Constitution

Shield lore

Last 2 skills:

- Weapon and Combat Discipline

- OR Weapon and Ancient magic

- OR Combat Discipline and Ancient Magic

[Edit:] Notes:

Ancient Magic mastery gives +90% damage to magic cas and reduces opponents resistances by 47%.

Combat discipline mastery gives +1356 damage to cas in combos and reduces combo regen time by 20%.

Weapon skill mastery gives +36% attack speed, +180 attack and 23% chance for double hit (does not work with magic coup). At 120 weapon skill, you have +56,4 attack speed and +282 attack and +33,2% chance for double hit.

Thoughts on this? Its an important theme I think that could affect pure casters from all class types.

Edited by ka243

Moved to general discussion and title edited to reflect the slightly different focus.

I've moved it this way because the idea of using jewelry to substitute for Weapon Skills has occurred to me on Melee Hybrids in the past, so rather than restrict it only to Consoles and Casters (because of Combat Discipline), I'm opening it up to all build types on all platforms.