Combat Discipline - Question Regarding Damage

this skill supposedly gives a +74 attack for the first level 2nd level gives 104+ damage

but my attack has not increased at all so how do I get my dmg points! :paladin:

in should add 50% to my current attack:( help?

Err the Combat Discipline skill does not work as it is displayed on the skill screen.

Instead of an absolute bonus to damage it is a percent increase.

So when it say +74 damage it is really more like +7.4% damage (rounded to 8% I believe). The next level would be +11% damage and so on.

Hope this helps.

I've got a suspicion that isn't entirely true (that it works as % and not as a fixed value), even though at the start it seemed that way. A few of the increases I've gotten seem more in line with a + Static Value however that value is much lower than is indicated (I think they forgot to convert the value from what they use in the engine to what is displayed type of thing). Honestly though, in this regard, it could go either way, simply put it increases damage by some amount and decreases regen time of combos

However it is a + to damage and not to attack rating.

Also worth noting is the following:

The +Damage only affects CAs, it won't affect your normal hitting (and when it comes to weapon-based CAs the increase in damage is quite small compared to what you appear to get from Spells). So you won't see any increase to your normal attack (left click for PC, I suppose plain old melee for console).

However since this discussion isn't console specific, moving it to General Discussion

oh right im build a RI Dyrad so I figured adding that in would increase it add it to a combo, but its not majorly stronger, but iguess if pour some points into it when I enter gold ill get what I need :paladin:

im trying to get all teh ps3 trophies I can in silver then work on the bigger ones afte ri get to niob ( 100% quests/visiting all town/opening up the map ect ect :()