Kobold Chieftan Boss Glitch?

Hey all, long time lurker... first time poster.

I have a question about the Kobold Chieftan quest, my HE is level 15 Pyro spec and I can't do any damage to this guy. I have been using Incendiary Shower to try and drop him but to no avail. I tried other things... nothing happens. If I do deal any damage (which is slight), it regens fairly quickly. Any help is appreciated.

Or try doing some, non-fire damage, or try doing loads more damage...

no other way to beat him, he's pretty fire resistent... so pyro's are having a hard time with him.

edit: oh, and welcome to FDM!

Edited by Arperum
Or try doing some, non-fire damage, or try doing loads more damage...

no other way to beat him, he's pretty fire resistent... so pyro's are having a hard time with him.

edit: oh, and welcome to FDM!

Ty for the welcome... I saw that he was FR but that's why I was spamming IS, too bad... I guess the physical dmg from IS is not enough to bring him down yet. I guess that is a lost quest for the low level pyro.

SOB

You're not the only pyro who turns his back to him, but if you get a couple more levels (after making him appear) you'll taste the sweet taste of victory over a stubborn enemy!

My solution for my Pyro elf was this: a poison modded bow... after going away and leveling to level 9. At level 9 your hits will get through without a CA, and the poison is unresisted.

He goes down quickly then. Sorry, but fire is not the element to use against him! He has a lot of physical and fire resistance. So use ice, magic or poison modded "high" (high to a level 4 monster) damage weapon.

Cheers!

Edited by FrostElfGuard
My solution for my Pyro elf was this: a poison modded bow... after going away and leveling to level 9. At level 9 your hits will get through without a CA, and the poison is unresisted.

He goes down quickly then. Sorry, but fire is not the element to use against him! He has a lot of physical and fire resistance. So use ice, magic or poison modded "high" (high to a level 4 monster) damage weapon.

Cheers!

Doing this right now.

Thanks.

Psylocide

• 3 weeks later...

I found out, that the best offense was to continue to wallop him with magic coup.

Properly modded with (life leach), magic coup will tear large chunks out of him.

Magic coup works with both ranged and melee weapons so depends on how you like to engage (remotely or in his face ;) ) it should work out to your advantage.

Happy hunting and do not worry, he will soon fall to your 'charms' as the high elf has been known to say.

Hey all, long time lurker... first time poster.

I have a question about the Kobold Chieftan quest, my HE is level 15 Pyro spec and I can't do any damage to this guy. I have been using Incendiary Shower to try and drop him but to no avail. I tried other things... nothing happens. If I do deal any damage (which is slight), it regens fairly quickly. Any help is appreciated.

My mates pyro had the same troubles, I ended up just making a SW with him and taking him to level 16, by that time the pyro was 18ish and we steam rolled that kobold.

Also, he's WAY harder on silver I noticed. Not harder like the other bosses, even worse because of his ridiculous regen. My level 25 Inquisitor had trouble killing him, the only reason I managed it was because of my doppelganger :)