Healer or Tank?

Hey all,

I have been leveling my Pyro HE for a bit, and I want to try and get my GF to play this. The problem is, her favorite game is Tetris or Donkey Kong lulz.

Here's where I need help, as I'm looking through all the classes... seraphim's look like the only one with an Ally heal CA. Can you make a true "healer build," or is this not needed? Would It be better if I just sat and tanked for her while she blasts stuff down with the HE?

I came over to this after playing WoW for years, and D2 even longer... but I have a feeling she is going to have problems surviving and I want to keep her alive so she doesn't get discouraged and actually sees why I play this game so much.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Psylocide

A true healer build is not really necessary because each class can stand on their own without heal support (all characters can use the abundant potions as well. Tanking is not necessary either if both characters have decent builds.

I would recommend creating a character that matches the type of offence that she would enjoy the most be it ranged weapon, spell casting, or melee.

Really you can even pick the character by which she would identify with the most in terms of backstory/image. Keep us posted about whether you can get her hooked on this game like the rest of us.

A true healer build is not really necessary because each class can stand on their own without heal support (all characters can use the abundant potions as well. Tanking is not necessary either if both characters have decent builds.

I would recommend creating a character that matches the type of offence that she would enjoy the most be it ranged weapon, spell casting, or melee.

Really you can even pick the character by which she would identify with the most in terms of backstory/image. Keep us posted about whether you can get her hooked on this game like the rest of us.

Thank you! She's actually going to get the Pyro HE and I am going to build a different character for myself. But, regardless if she sticks with it or not, I am taking both of them to end game and try to get 150 on both. I just guess I'm not used to playing end game bosses without a tank or heal (thanks WoW) and thought it may be needed.

I guess I get to build my Inquisitor or seraphim then.

Thanks,

Psylocide

Hey all,

I have been leveling my Pyro HE for a bit, and I want to try and get my GF to play this. The problem is, her favorite game is Tetris or Donkey Kong lulz.

Here's where I need help, as I'm looking through all the classes... seraphim's look like the only one with an Ally heal CA. Can you make a true "healer build," or is this not needed? Would It be better if I just sat and tanked for her while she blasts stuff down with the HE?

I came over to this after playing WoW for years, and D2 even longer... but I have a feeling she is going to have problems surviving and I want to keep her alive so she doesn't get discouraged and actually sees why I play this game so much.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Psylocide

The Dryad is able to heal as well with Goldenglad Touch mods.

I have the same problem as you do with my wife when it comes to gaming.

Edited by XOX EPIKC XOX

I actually prefer this over the group MMO approach. I can do what I need to do without having to have a healer, tank, dps and support buffers/debuffers all in one place and knowing what their role is and how to do it. Plus this means that you get to have more control over the nuances of you character rather than just trying to be the "best" at doing one thing (like heal or tank).

Just me I guess. I also don't like to play on other people's schedules.

Edit: fixed typo

Edited by Ansgar

Because Sacred and Sacred 2 are basically SP games on roids...every boss and situation in the game can be be, has to be able to be solved/conquered by a single player.

It sort of puts devoted healers out of business. But in MP, where big bosses hit groups awfully hard, extra party healing put out by nice players is always welcome.

:)

gogo

Haha, thanks for all the input guys.

Last night I got to work on my seraphim, I had her to level 3 (about 10 mins) and I had to grab a new beer... long story short, she died and I had to start over right away lol.

Hopefully she fares better in battle. ;)

Psylocide

Yeah, thanks for mentioning that... I'm actually planning a build similar to Soldats celestial technobabe. I love pure casters and that was the reason for starting the Pyro HE in the first place. I think my GF can burn mobs down with her from a distance while I get more up close and personal with the seraphim. Otherwise, if my GF does not want to play, then I will probably play the seraphim because she's pretty fun right now.

And the animation could have been wayyyyy better for BT for the HE. It gets a little boring watching those weird looking flames dance across the battle field.

Edited by Psylocide