Who plays musical instruments?

Well this old topic deserves a bump!

Gogo might slap me but piano! I can never picture our gogo sitting patiently in front of the piano playing classical. I just CAN'T. Don't hate me! :)

Anyway, I was coerced into learning piano as a child and I hated it now throughly. Although I was told I was adept at it. I did it because my mom didn't get her chance when she was a child, so being naive I thought it would make her happy if I agreed to it (I was what? 4 or 5). Sign, mistakes of my life. Six to eight hours everyday is too much, for me anyway. My sister kept at it to this day, so yeah its me. :P

I probably can still play most of the classicals from memory, but I can't see it happening. I guarantee you. :)

I picked up Flute when I was 10 or 11, to get away from the piano (or so I thought! Another story :P), but the point is that I enjoyed it. I was told again that I was adept at it. So I guess I'm not talented, but at least acceptable with both. Because my class had too little musicians I eventually learned to play all kinds of wind instruments, with some difficulties with the Piccolo.

I might have gone down a musical path, but I have gotten tire of the cynical views and the harsh judgments that are inevitable to any musician. I can't stand it even when I'm not the target, its just not the life I would want. So I quited playing any instrument by 18.

I still like music, just not playing it, I decided.

Sorry if this turned out to be more of a vent. :lol:

Its silly you know, I still have my valued sliver flute and keep it in perfect shape, I just don't play it. Some habits you can't just shake, or perhaps I don't want to I dunno. :)

Oh I missed this thread before! Sweet!

Lets see, I play bass, guitar (both electric and acoustic) as well as sing. Some of my best memories are the many bands Ive played with.. Oh the many cold garage practices in the middle of winter!! I do miss it, and the friends I had made during those years, It feels done sometimes. Now if I can get my hands on any of the recordings I would be happy!

I do have two shots taken so far of my toys :)

My hot pink BC rich Warlock

Picture2-1.jpg

and My fretless bass :)

Picture4-1.jpg

I'll add more of the collection as I get energy enough to sit down with them and take the pics! :P

Hey there

I used to play piano when I was a child, but don't have one at this time. I'm also a self teached crappy guitar player lol.

I wish I could buy myself a piano right now... You could take everything off of my life except my wife, my son and music.