Anyone here have their own website or blog?

I've been coming across members' websites here now regarding their own special interests in gaming, clans, alternate interests besides Sacred 2 (omgod, is such a thing possible? :))

Websites are fantastic hobbies. You get to put up what you want, the way you'd like and can get to meet so many people from all over the globe. Blogs as well have turned into huge time sinks ^^ I guess I'm lucky, because in a way, I get to "blog" with all of you, everyone here, the day's adventures in the game, and even get to toss around a a few good recipes for sheppard's pie :)

I'd love to know if you guys have your own corners of the net. Places that you're slowly growing, putting time into and enjoy as much as we are here. Can you tell us the kind of software you are using, how long you've been running it for?

This is your chance to maybe have some extra peeps drop into your site, we'd love it if you could post a link, and maybe tell us a bit about what you've got going, and how it came about.

Post links, and show us your babies!

;)

gogo

Great topic idea gogo :)

Let me start off :

When I started to get addicted to Sacred 2 (like most of you), the idea of builds came into my mind. I ran across the Guides Section of this forum. I noticed that not everyone post their guide the same way, and they also don't exactly post the same amount of information. I remember that a while ago Schot was trying to find a way to make all guides that are posted here look all the same with the same amount of information, so no one would get lost.

This was where I told myself : "I can do something about this." Then I took all the programming stuff I learned in school, and started to work on a small program where you could create easy, flexible Guides that will all look the same. After lots of hours of programming and testing and also lots of hours trying to learn new programming languages/concepts, I finally managed to make a little website with my program on it :

WEBSITE

Since last January, I've been doing several updates to both the program and the website, and I'm quite proud of what I've been able to accomplish.

About the software I've been using, I'm using Dreamweaver for the website and Visual Studio to program. I've been using these for about 3 years now, since I started studying computer science.

I created a TOPIC where everyone can post comments/feedback about the program and the site. The community here has been pretty helpful since the beginning of this project and I'm really happy to have created something like this for us Sacred 2 fans.

This is my little corner on the net.

Max

If I was still teaching I wouldn't be doing this because I'm rather careful about my students privacy but, since I've been out of the teaching business since the end of June, here it is ...

PCTalk.info

I started it the end of 2002 when I started teaching. It was a safe place my students could visit on the Internet that would help them to learn a little about what the World Wide Web was all about. It has different pages they could explore and even a forum where probably 50% was hidden to the public so they wouldn't feel self-conscious about posting.

I added a FATE Mod Archive when it became apparent that the ones available were going to disappear as no one was taking care of them any more and their hosting was about to run out. I did it at someone elses suggestion with the idea that a whole crew of us would develop it ... I'm the only one trying to finish it now.

I started a Sacred 2 Fansite just to see if I could create something like that and later added Pevil's site to it when she lost her hosting. Lately I've been helping NightWolfe to get her site set up on my host as she also was loosing her host and her site was too good to allow to disappear.

Just tonight I decided to start creating a Torchlight site. Torchlight is a new game coming out created by the same crew who made Mythos but lost the rights to it when the company they were working for went under.

Does anyone see any kind of trend here? :)