Chance to Find Valuables - Where are the Valuables?

Even if you have some chance of finding valuables(MF) it doesn't rain good items, find some spots with a lot champions and grind away till you see some good items as you eventually will find some if you spend enough time.

Chance to find valuable is actually an additive bonus so you don't actually have a 101% chance to find better stuff, instead your default chance has been increased by 101% so if you normally have a 1/1000 chance for a set/unique/legendary now you have approximately 2/1000. Like spunky said, you best bet is to go kill lots of monsters.

it increases your chance to find good stuff, it isn't the chance to find good stuff.

for example (with made up numbers): you're base chance to find sets(without CTFV stuff equipped) is 0.1% from a champion kobolt, then you equip 100% CTVF gear and now your chance to find sets from a champion kobolt is 0.2% ! NOT 100% !

So 100% CTFV basically doubles your chance to find good stuff from drops. But this leaves you the possiblility that you won't find anything good at all if you're unlucky... You'll need to kill about 100.000 kobolts with and 100.000 kobolts without the gear to start getting a clear figure of it, and all this 200.000 kobolt should have the same level, you'll need to make sure your survival bonus is identical in both cases... same amount of players in both cases... and so on and so forth, basically it's near impossible to make any good statistical proof of the worth of the modifier, although I'd say it definitely works...

Edit: seems I got ninja'd by dragon brother...

Edited by Arperum

im building up a seraphim at the moment as dual wielder/finder/shopper

im at level 37 and I ahve level 35 enhanced perception im running around the sloeford/thyslium(big city) area doing all the mission with my setting set at

Collect : Rare items (2 stars)

Collect misc items : magic (1 star)

ive found a few endjians pieces some nice swords and other bits and pieces :) its about killing so keep levelling up doing missione eventually you start finding some nice goodies :) I currently set mysefl a goal EG do 100 quests tehn check my invetory or wait till its full, I stacked alot of runes for my other characters from fighting randomly:P

plus I think that the amount of the map you have explored contributres to what you find so doing the quests has alot fo bonuses:P

I know for a fact that the chance to find valuables/combined with the skill enhanced perception results in more 2 & 3 star items dropping. I have equipped a set of armor that has 160% chance to find valuables & rings that have all skills for the EP boost. When I run the orc cave I average at the following statistics:

With the EP set on:

For every 100 orc cave runs I average 1 3 star item per 3.8 runs

Without the EP set on:

I aver ageage only 1 3 star item per 8.2 runs.

I have used this method for 1200 total runs to figure the average. The reason I did it was to see if indeed EP works and I can defitinetly say that it does increase both 2 star and 3 star drops without question.