Firefighter Weekend Sacred2 Challenge number 5

chattius

We did some special rules for our 5th challenge, the first with the AddOn:

hardcore

4 player lan

4 general skills

only foci are allowed to modify combat arts, this includes even the first point if you choose a lore

only 2 defensive skills are allowed

you start with an empty chest

your character class is from a lottery (obviously I got the elf and not the dryad I hoped for)

All ideas and good wishes are welcome.

Sadly we had to search for a person who got lost in the forest at most of the weekend, so I had only time to reach level 22. So the thread is still actual.

So far I did:

02 concentration (5) to unlock the foci

03 armour lore (1), the second skill I was sure that I would need it

05 bargaining (22), started with an empty chest so no money on the first levels

08 Gods (1). did Testa, pushed it with orbs and general skills jewelry, collected a big horde, took a mentor, activated Testa, collecting the loot, selling it and buying better stuff while Testa was regenerating

12 arcane focus (22): magic coup (sure hit, mana steal and stray damage), then GI (storm and life)

18 ice focus (5): crystal skin (slow), raging nimbus (frequency)

The numbers in () are the points I already put in the skill.

If I am not fighting with the god powers I use a combination raging nimbus/magic coup and have a bow as a weapon. The Nimbus is slowing the enemies so that the chance that I hit the target with an arrow is bigger. And I need the hit to regenerate the combination with manasteal. The reason I use a bow is to kill from a distance if possible. Trying staff and shield for manasteal attacks the character often has to turn to hit. Ranged weapons have a chance to miss, but not this nasty and time eating orientation/turning to the enemy. Probably I will later use life leech shurikens even in normal combat, because it allows to recharge combination from the stand.

On level 25 I plan Alchemy, at 35 perception. THis way I delay the decision for mky last 2 skills a bit. So the 2 last skills are open:

Constitution and Fire focus, to have fire as second damage if target is ice immune, and fire skin for melee fighting

Constuitution and Ancient Magic: To break immunities and better damage at only ice for damage

Ancient Magic and Fire focus: All in Vitality and hope that faster killing and more variety in defense spells replaces constituition

The animations are quite slow, because I am not allowed to take lores. I really have to get used to these slow casting and attacks.