Question about Blacksmith NPC

I have not been able to find out how to use something. When I put my weapon into the Blacksmith NPC UI, I get the slots where I can add upgrades. But under the weapon, there are three icons: Enhance, Anneal and Whet. If I click on them, I drag them around, but every slot turns red and I can't find a use for it. I would like some of those bonuses, though lol. I checked on the wiki, and it made no mention of those buttons. Any help would be appreciated! :drinks:

Well It sounds like the sockets you are trying to fill in are the blue ones. Those sockets are soley for damage type (fire, ice, magic, poison) and will not allow runes, blacksmith arts, rings or amulets inside. If you place your cursor over the socket prior to putting something inside it will show you what is allowed in that socket.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask more questions if you have them.

Ohhh, so those are the blacksmith arts. I have had a couple of weapons that had slots that allowed them, but I did not try those icons on those. Crap, I already put something else in those slots.

And thanks for that article! I did not think to look up "forging" and just checked the "blacksmith" article, which did not have much info. Thanks again!