Trouble patching game

Hi there,

I hope this is the right sub-forum to post this in.

When I bought Sacred 2 & installed it, it shows as version 2.0.2. There are a number of issues with this version, so I downloaded the full UK patch from the official site (which, I believe, is the correct version for me) at approx 620 Mb in size. However, when I try to run the patch I get an error message that says "Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel could not be located on your system. Re-install Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel and then run this patch again.". I was hesitant to do this just in case I lose all the hours I’ve spent on my level 21 Seraphim.

Just to cover all the bases I also downloaded the full US patch – again at around 620 Mb in size, but when I try to run this I get an error message saying something about the language doesn’t match the version of Sacred 2 installed. Based on this my guess is the UK patch is the correct version, but it’s currently not working.

Anyway, I finally got tired of all the messing around, so I uninstalled the game and re-installed it. Hasn't made a scrap of difference! I still get the same error message appearing when I try to apply the patch. I'm now pretty annoyed, and I haven't a clue how to resolve this issue.

Has anyone else encountered a situation similar to this? If so I’m very interested in how you resolved it! I’m very much enjoying playing Sacred 2, but I’d like to take advantage of some of the updates the patch offers – I.e. being able to transport to an activated teleporter from anywhere on the map, and the PAUSE button!

I’m grateful for any help!

Yeah, I installed to the default location.

So the patch on the site is wrong?

So I guess I need a different patch for version 2.0.2.

I'll have another look at the site to see if they've got any older patches...

there was a good post on this site with links to all the patches from 2.0.2 I'll see if I can find it

there was a good post on this site with links to all the patches from 2.0.2 I'll see if I can find it

Alrdy looked on the SacredWiki ?

Dunno if the 2.0.2 version is there, I wish they made these patches more accesable so people can decently patch their game....

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Edited by Chareos Rantras

Thanks to all for your help with this.

You're right - Sacredwiki had the help I was looking for. There is a cumulative patch there that could take me from 2.0.2 up to 2.40 in one go. Definitely the easiest way to go, although the patch is just over 1Gb in size. It was the UK International version.

Thanks again! :)

Thanks to all for your help with this.

You're right - Sacredwiki had the help I was looking for. There is a cumulative patch there that could take me from 2.0.2 up to 2.40 in one go. Definitely the easiest way to go, although the patch is just over 1Gb in size. It was the UK International version.

Thanks again! :)

Np mate, happy gaming!

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

• 4 months later...

Another question.

My friend istalled Sacred 2 on the F:\Deep Silver\... because he don't have the space on the C:\program files\... which is the default, anyone knows how can he install the patch?

Another question.

My friend istalled Sacred 2 on the F:\Deep Silver\... because he don't have the space on the C:\program files\... which is the default, anyone knows how can he install the patch?

the patch will find sacred2 path automatically from the registry. he should not have a problem running the patch.

I think you're wrong on this, look this: http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/sho...ead.php?t=54807

This guy have the same problem, but he've done something that solved his problem.

That what we wanna know, because he's having the same problem the patch says that he don't have Sacred 2 installed.

I installed my game on a separate HDD from my operating system and had no problems patching once I got the correct patch. the patch is failing because its not finding the version of Sacred2 that the patch is designed for. I need to know what version he is running and what the name of the patch file is that he is trying to use.

Edit: I ready the post and his edits and this guy has a lot more going on than the directory he installed the game on, he has insufficient disk space, he is not patching a fresh install, and this post is over 13 months old.

I don't know many things about this case, but my friend has the partition C:\ only for win XP, there's only 4gb of free space on it.

I don't know many things about this case, but my friend has the partition C:\ only for win XP, there's only 4gb of free space on it.

The patch has to be able to back-up some files. in the post he attempts to make space for this by changing the path of the temp dir that is used for the backup.

and how?

He edited the patch 2.XX.exe?

I need to know, where did he changed this patch, if he've done this on the updater (manual download), I may try to do so, otherwise I need to know how.

and how?

He edited the patch 2.XX.exe?

I need to know, where did he changed this patch, if he've done this on the updater (manual download), I may try to do so, otherwise I need to know how.

He didn't change the patch. he changed the path of the \temp folder that the installer uses for the back-up. since your friends windows drive is full. he need to change the path for the temp folder. the default variable is %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp. go to system properties : environment variables, and try changing this to a drive with more space on it. if his computer only has the 1 drive that has only 4 GB free, he needs to start uninstalling non essential programs and data.

google translate:

No cambiar el parche. que cambió la ruta de la carpeta \ temp que usa el instalador para el back-up. ya tus amigos de Windows la unidad está llena. a necesidad de cambiar la ruta de la carpeta Temp. de la parte superior de la variable por defecto es% USERPROFILE% \ AppData \ Local Settings \ Temp. ir a las propiedades del sistema: las variables de entorno, y tratar de cambiar a un disco con más espacio en él. si su equipo sólo tiene el 1 unidad que tiene sólo 4 GB de espacio libre, se tiene que empezar a desinstalar programas no esenciales y de datos.

I'll pass that info for him, and see what he can do.

Thx and BTW you don't need to translate your text, because I understand english better than I read/write it, and you translated for spanish, and my language is portuguese.

Thx and BTW you don't need to translate your text, because I understand english better than I read/write it, and you translated for spanish, and my language is portuguese.

lol, guess that wasn't very helpful to translate it then eh? no worries.

• 2 months later...

My gratitude to Roscoe and Chareos for saving my sanity.

Having at last installed more memory and installed, again, Sacred 2 I got as far as creating a char before Sacred stopped dead and I realised that I was in version 2.0.2. I went through exactly the same experience with patches as Roscoe. I was even driven to have a large glass of rum with my coffee. I was about to ask what ****** patch I needed to find, when I saw this thread, and Chareos link to the Wiki. I had already followed a link to the Sacred site for patches - gross error!

It is the wasted time I grudge. I agree with Chareos "I wish they made these patches more accesable so people can decently patch their game...." Other on-line games automatically patch up to date.

There is a bottle of champagne here for you two if you pass this way. :drinks:

...er...I see there is mention of a "default location" for the patch ... where might that be? ... as the patch is at present refusing to acknowledge the presence of a Sacred 2 installation.

Later:

Reading thro other threads it looks as if It will be best to uninstall the game, winkle out any entries in regedit, and start again. I will give that a try.

Edited by Bondbug