Double-D Girls

Playing around with armour and damage tables in the 'How to become a Demi-God Thread', I stumpled above that having no armour against a damage type results in up to 50% more damage. These 50% are not like the x% damage from jewels or smith, they are a multiplier to your total damage!

So the questions would be:

If I have armour piercing weapons, do I get this 50% damage raise too?

If I have dual wield, does the armour piercing of the 2 weapons add?

So has anyone ever tried a dual-wield 2 dagger build which uses sword lore to unlock and boosts scalable armour piercing on daggers?

If the praxis would prove the theory, such builds could be not only stylish, but very playable. SAdly I can't play for several weeks to test it myself.

I don`t have any answers to the questions yoùve posted in your topic.... I just wanted to say that I do think the dual daggers for Dryad ...left click attacks is absolutely beautiful. I was playing around with a dw dagger build for a while, and while the right click attacks with Combat Arts got boring with the spinerama, I would never get tired of seeing the complex animations of left click attacks.

Your post is great reminder of how many builds and projects there are left to accomplish in this game.

:D

gogo

p.s. Topic title btw... A 1 :)

I don`t have any answers to the questions yoùve posted in your topic.... I just wanted to say that I do think the dual daggers for Dryad ...left click attacks is absolutely beautiful. I was playing around with a dw dagger build for a while, and while the right click attacks with Combat Arts got boring with the spinerama, I would never get tired of seeing the complex animations of left click attacks.

Your post is great reminder of how many builds and projects there are left to accomplish in this game.

:D

gogo

p.s. Topic title btw... A 1 :)

I see the PC guys make lots of reference to left click attack and right click attack. can you shed some light on how that relates to what us Xbox guys are doing?

Hi Andrew

Left click would be non-Ca attacks, and right-click would be CA attacks.

:)

gogo

Is there a benefit to a naked weapon attack. I can't imagine my dryad shooting her blow gun without either of the Combat Arts I have mapped to the weapon buttons. I don't think I ever shoot naked except at early levels when regens are slow. the character fills the wait time with naked blows.

Seeing your kungfu dryad again, I wonder if armour piercing in this hard attack combat art modifier would add this 50% damage too. C(W)ould help an unarmed Dryad to do more damage if it would be this way. My unarmed test dryad did her last level at begin platin before I had the AddOn. Now with all the changes I would design her a bit different. I would give alchemy a try again and leave out bargaining because I have enough shoppers in my family.

Another nice thing about using non-CA weapon attacks, at least on PC, is you can hold down the mouse button and sweep the mouse across your enemies to target them, killing continuously. Works very nicely with blowguns and melee, not so well with other ranged weapons. (Subsequent attacks keep targetting the first enemy that was highlighted, and you wind up wasting several shots while waiting for the first one to land.)

So it's not even a left-click attack at that point, it's just a "kill everything you point at" attack that winds up being faster and more satisfying than many AOEs. :)

Edited by Foosnark

Do you know if unarmed attacks have a fixed speed, or if you can boost them with leatherhat trophies and alchemy? I think unarmed is faster with trophies, but the different animations seems to have a different animation time, so I a mnot sure. I probably would have to do videos to be sure. Sadly my machine is outdated and whenever I try the framerate is down to below 10 because of the videosoftware. Single Core CPU, so it seems not much CPU time left for other stuff.

And I think Kungfu Dryads can be done in this thread, because the main theme was armour piercing. And Ravaged Impact of the dryad can do this too.

Edit:

@Foosnark: seems you posted while I was typing. My first real character, a polearm-elf from mid decembre 2008, had magic coup at 2.4 seconds to do some left clicks while it regenerated. Beautiful animations and I did press both buttons all the time and was just moving from enemy to enemy with the mouse. Later I had to move to the next group because of chance to hit more enemies at polearm and stray damage of magic coup. At Niob I bought a nice dexterity based yellow lance with half natural fire damage and chance to hit more enemies. So my 2 fire buffs boosted the lance damage even for left clicks. Its always good if style and damage build a nice combination.

Edited by chattius

Back too your original idea. 0 armor for say ice as an example created a 50% increase in you damage? weapon attacks? or Casted CA? and can you give some spec numbers to help me understand the increase of 50% like 10,000 became 15,000?

The calculation is for left and right click weapon attacks on armour. It started with standing still while easy mobs bashing on the characters who were trying out different values of armour. With this a formula was found which described the damage reduction of the armour. And for a character taking the hits, the character takes up to 50% more damage if close to 0 armour.

Of cause you can't give different armours to the same monsters, and they may have mitigation which makes the testing difficult. So one prove that the same formula is applied at player damage versus NPC armour would be if armour piercing shows 50% more damage than it should do. Another possibility would be to take a high damage CA like BFG and use your niob BFG on weak beasts. The damage should outclass the armour by big numbers, so the damage should be close to 50 % higher than it is shown in your combat art screen, taking away criticals and bonus damage versus monster type.

So the questions are if the same formula is valid for hits on monsters too, because we all noticed that combat arts showed sometimes way more damage than they showed in their combat art window.

If you do mixed damage as with most weapons, the next calculations would be if each damage type uses the same formula.

Currently I need people who do the tests, because I won't be able to play for weeks. All my spare time with 5 kids currently is needed to do hospital visits at our 3rd daughter. Nothing evil, but she has to stay there for 5 weeks and she is only 6. I can think and post while at work, but I can't play and test. And my two older daughters can't test too, because they have to sacrifice their autum breaks to care for our 20 month old twins and do more house work than usual.

Another nice thing about using non-CA weapon attacks, at least on PC, is you can hold down the mouse button and sweep the mouse across your enemies to target them, killing continuously. Works very nicely with blowguns and melee, not so well with other ranged weapons. (Subsequent attacks keep targetting the first enemy that was highlighted, and you wind up wasting several shots while waiting for the first one to land.)

So it's not even a left-click attack at that point, it's just a "kill everything you point at" attack that winds up being faster and more satisfying than many AOEs. :)

Hey there

@Foosnark : hold left button and then hold right button without releasing the left one and point at the enemies, this results in left-click attacks mixed with CA attacks as soon as they're ready. For example, I hold both with my blowpipe dryad, "multi hit" (Darting Assault, "Charge" in French) has a regen of 3 seconds, so every 3 seconds the CA is casted, and during the regen left click attacks chain. I just have to swap from a CA to another when I point at a boss (Ravaged Impact... "Impact Ravage" in French) and I can even cast GGT when needed, without releasing the buttons :) And the icing on the cake, for those who don't use this tip, is that as soon as the character starts attacking the foe, you can already point at the next one and it will target it once the prior is dead ! To Resume, keeping the example of my dryad

- Hold left, hold right.

- Point at target (char starts attacking, alternating left click attacks and Darting assault, killing near enemies as well)

- point the next target (first one is still alive and once it's dead, char attacks the one you've just pointed at)

- point the next one, it's a champion (switch to Impact, if needed, once it has been casted, switch to GGT if needed, once casted switch back to Impact)

(rinse repeat)

all foes are dead, your dryad moves to the cursor location

My Hotkeys settings :

Darting Assault = 3 (middle finger)

Impact = 4 (index)

GGT = 2 (middle finger if needed, once in a month :viking:)

So pick up hotkey falls naturally under my ring finger ("A" on the french keyboard "Q" on english one)

Thumb on space, alternating with F to junk crappy drops :4rofl:

Little finger on Tab for the map

The ultimate peak of laziness (but more of all, this is the more relaxing way I found) !

Edited by Nihilith

Afaik my dual wield seraphim with daggers(including sword bonus) seems to have a stacking effect(ignore armor 1 + ignore armor 2 = ++ :woot: ). I noticed the same stack effect on my inqy with dual clubs and atk speed boost(112% @ level 1) as well. So for all logical reasoning we can deduce the effects of weapons(as long as they're on different weapons) do add up on a 1+1=2 basis. Don't kill me, it's just an observation, not a ged given fact or anything :P

@ other animations I prefer the single -mounted- dagger version of Pelting Strikes on my seraphim. Nothing quite says "eee! get away!" like a hysterical half naked girl stabbing your enemy on top of the head..repeatedly :)

Also noted when on foot PS(with one dagger) does some kind of parry move that hits for what seems like 4 times in rapid succession, for a total of 6 Hits? crazy fast move though :D