Sacred 2 - Generations..

Hi there,

first of:

it isn't possible to play the Sacred 2 classic/non addon version of sacred 2 once after you install the addon Ice & Blood..

or is it?

it IS possible indeed, its a very simple trick.. but it's not supported and you might encounter loss of valuable player - data files so:

USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! DON'T TOOL AROUND WITH THIS IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING OR WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN..

here's what happens if you would just go and install ice and blood:

• it's installed into the original sacred 2 root folder
  • you get a new exe file replacing the old one
  • you won't be able to launch the classic Sacred 2 version
  • you're also only able to play on the addon servers

here's what you can do to still beeing able to launch and play the Sacred 2 classic version with ice & blood installed :

• make a simple folder copy of the entire sacred 2 root folder.. BEFORE installing the addon
    (also backup the separate user data like save games , game option files etc..)
  • install ice & blood like you normally would
  • launch either ice&blood or the copied Sacred 2 classic version using a separate shortcut to each of the game folders *.exe files
  • beware! unknown bugs and glitches, as this procedure isn't supported and you're not supposed to do this, as well as the addon obviously doesn't want you to play the Sacred 2 classic version / wasnt designed to do so

now that you have a separate game folder for each the addon and the backed up Sacred 2 classic version,

here's what works and what doesn't

• you can run either Sacred 2 classic or the addon now
  • you can even still play Sacred 2 classic with the same account you registered/upgraded to ice&blood BUT only with some limitations:
  • you can create new classic chars on classic servers
  • one can't play characters on classic servers that were created in ice&blood
  • every time when there are Ice and Blood items in your global chest and you log on to classic
    your global chest gets purged entirely, for BOTH addon+classic servers !
  • there might be more limitations bugs errors glitches that are still unknown..
  • I haven't really TESTED this whole thing, I just TRIED if it basically works, and it does

using a different account for both the classic and the addon servers is savest way to do, as you wont loose any items.. is what I'm doing atm and works fine so far

there's changed config data once u run ice&blood, for example that's messing up a little bit with things like the camera in classic..

mjw1byzzsv8.jpg

this screenshot shows the classic closed lobby char selection screen, with the 2nd char beeing a dryad created AFTER the installation of ice and blood..

..you can also see the chars you can't log in to classic anymore / bound to the addon => 'incompatible character savegame'

ywrr9gjnnyhh.jpg

selection screen for the same account as you'll see it on closed net if launched via ice+blood

again.. be careful if you test this..

Edited by Rotluchs

I did test Rot..

You are correct, chest gets nuked.

I'm on the fence on this one, the con is losing the chest of course, and, losing the ability to game up with Some folks in 2.43.

I,m still fiddling with it though, we'll see.

Jet

Edited by Jetcutter

Heya,

so basically it 'could' be ok to work with two accounts..... one in Ice and Blood and one classic?

Could you keep us posted on this? Good work anyways! :)

Greetz

Edited by Barristan

If you have two different Closed accounts (one upgraded to Ice and Blood, the other not), you'd be ok, since logging in to your Classic account with your Ice and Blood-upgraded Sacred 2 install would then ask you to input an Ice and Blood serial key (at which point you cancel & log in with the correct exe file you muppet! :thumbsup:).

Heya,

my copy shoud arrive today :(

Looking forward to some decent MP again.... Schot and Gogo are nice company and all.... just that our timezones don't match all that great :evil:

Greetz