Does Deathblow work on DOT damage?

I think that DOT is based on the damage of the blow that initiates the DOT effect. If this is true then if the attack that initiated the DOT effect has increased damage because of deathblow then the DOT with have higher damage as well.

I will have to try and test this one.

I think that it does which is one of the reasons Blazing tempest is pure awesomeness on console :-D. Bang, bang, bang bang OWWW!

Scorch + Conflagration + Ambition FTW! :( Socket a big deathblow ring into ignis magica or a whole bunch into officers saber :-D on top of this.

Edited by ka243

Gogo, was your test on twisted torment on ice & blood or not?

I wouldn't really know how to test this actually since with my blazing tempest stuff goes down so fast anyways.... I guess I always assumed that because deathblow works with spells, it also worked with the burning damage on Blazing Tempest. It did not occur to me that it might not.

I don`t have Ice and Blood yet. But when I get it installed, I`ll reun the test on it again. I actually published pix from my tests with Torment for Death blow on the SIF somewhere. I`m at work now, but I`ll see if I can find the info on the SIF for us.

:(`

gogo