Hard Core for Consoles challenge

So I played the character some more yesterday. Leveled up, completed some quests, and fought Gahanka--twice! :viking:

Despite what *some* people might think, I did not have to run, and the first fight lasted all of two minutes. A more detailed account is below...

---

Level 8 : Got Armor Lore (SWL: 5, LFF: 8, LFL: 1, AL: 1). Modded Jolting Touch with 'Flux.' My reasoning: I am counting on the combination of Voltage and Flux to offset increased regen times and allow me to pump CAs. It's totally possible that this will backfire on me. :sweating:

@essjayehm: You mean to say that you think the survivability of the character against later bosses is in question if I don't take Shelter, right? It's true that Shelter will increase survivability dramatically, but I'm planning on taking Constitution and Toughness, which I'm hoping will be enough to keep me alive.

I visited the runemaster and got a 'Propelled Levitation' rune. I then made sure I had UF on and accepted 'The Kobold Chieftain.'

4:13 : Level 9 (SWL: 5, LFF: 8, LFL: 1, AL: 3).

4:25 : Started the fight against Gahanka. :viking:

I drank a Light Concentration Potion and then proceeded to Jolting Touch him to death. For the record, JT took 4.5s to regen (without the potion) and did 33 damage with each pulse. If you think that doesn't add up, keep in mind that the 'Flux' mod essentially makes Jolting Touch recharge itself.

4:27 : Finished Gahanka. :cool:

4:41 : Level 10 (SWL: 5, LFF: 10, LFL: 1, AL: 3).

Finished up 'The Kobold Chieftain' and bought/forged buff suit equipment (UF: 4.9 for 28% penalty). Also got an 'Icy Evanescence' rune. I now have every CA I'm ever going to use! Oh, and I continued the story-long class quest. :paladin:

5:28 : Accepted 'The Advisor's Career Plans.'

5:33 : Level 11.

Finished 'The Advisor's Career Plans' and did 'Nightcap.' :BlobRed:

6:15 : Level 12. Got 'Combat Discipline' (SWL: 5, LFF: 10, LFL: 1, AL: 8, CD: 1).

Started 'Rust,' a class quest that requires you to go up to the Kobold Village and find 'Oil Stone's. It also entails fighting Gahanka again. This fight lasted a little longer than the last because I was not much more powerful than before and because Gahanka had gained a not inconsiderable amount of health. It was still pretty one-sided, though, and I didn't have to drink a Light Concentration Potion this time.

6:41 : Level 13 (SWL: 5, LFF: 10, LFL: 4, AL: 8, CD: 1). Modded Furious Emblazer with 'Accelerant.' In hindsight, Immolation may have been better, but only if it practically guarantees that the enemy catches on fire. Thoughts?

Lastly, I finished 'Rust' and did some more buff suit stuff (UF: 5.8 for 25.6% penalty).

---

Slowly, but surely, getting stronger.

Oh, and I almost forgot: it has been brought to my attention that by one of the guides in the Temple Guardian section--the 'Dwarf in My Left Arm' one, I think--that the 'Self Repair' mod for Jolting Touch was fixed on consoles. The whole reason I took the 'Voltage' mod was because I thought the other option was bugged. Can anyone confirm that Self Repair does infact work? If not, I'll probably do a quick test sometime over the next week.

Despite what *some* people might think, I did not have to run, and the first fight lasted all of two minutes.

Keep in mind excepting the Guardians, the console bosses are child's play compared to the same bosses in Ice and Blood (that from personal experience).

• 2 weeks later...

So I got distracted from Hardcore because I was playing through with a friend, and then we both got distracted by the open beta of Battlefield 3.

However, the lure of a challenge is strong, and thus, I am back. I only played for a few hours yesterday, though, so I only got a few things done. Most of it was quest-completing--something for me to do while I'm still building up the character. I completed 'House Cleaning,' 'War is Good for Business,' and 'Insuring the Insurance.' I also finished the Tyr Lysia segment of the story-long class quest-- :paladin: --and leveled up a few times.

The only really notable thing to happen was this:

---

9:16 : I got my first unique! What was it, you may ask? A 'Glacial Defender.'

...Of course I would get it with a character that can't use shields. The game is trolling me. :dry:

---

Anyway, regen times are slowly getting under control. About the only thing left to do to clinch the deal is to get 'Source Warden Focus,' to lower the penalty Untouchable Force is giving me. Aside from that, once I have the next mod for Furious Emblazer I'll be going after a certain griffon that is overly fond of debuffing characters.

---

@lujate: I've heard rumors, of course, but is Ice and Blood *that* much more difficult than Sacred 2? You make it sound like Ice and Blood is the Niobium to the Platinum of Sacred 2.

@essjayehm: Out of curiousity, where are you getting those jokes you've been putting in your signature? They've all been hilariously bad--I've had to conciously refrain from facepalming at each one.

@essjayehm: Out of curiousity, where are you getting those jokes you've been putting in your signature? They've all been hilariously bad--I've had to conciously refrain from facepalming at each one.[/size][/font]

Meh... just the old ones "coming around again"... they always get a groan out of me so I thought I'd share :xmastree:

Looks like the toon is progressing along nicely... and don't worry about those "early" uniques and sets... they don't last long anyway!

Keep up the good fight!

Got a helmet/headpiece for the buff suit (UF: 6.6 for 23% penalty).

Started the 'Rivals' quest-chain ('Rivals,' 'Exterminator,' the beginning of 'A Good Deed'). :BlobRed:

11:26 : Level 17 (SWL: 5, LFF: 16, LFL: 6, AL: 12, CD: 1). Modded Furious Emblazer with 'Incapacitate.' I really don't think that there's any reason to go with Terror instead. According to the wiki, they have the same chance to proc, so it's a choice between an enemy running away and an enemy that doesn't do anything at all. Does anyone have any arguments (theoretical or otherwise) as to why Terror would be the better choice?

Finished the 'Rivals' quest-chain (the end of 'A Good Deed,' 'Order is Order'). :BlobRed:

Did part of the quest-chain 'The Alchemist' ('The Alchemist,' 'Ghost Energy').

Did the 'Squatters' quest.

Got a staff and a sash for the buff suit (UF: 7.7 for 22.4% penalty).

12:58 : Second unique: 'Cheops' Eye.'

13:02 : Level 18. Got 'Source Warden Focus' (SWL: 5, LFF: 16, LFL: 6, AL: 12, CD: 1, SWF: 4) Modded Untouchable Force with 'Crumble.' My reasoning: see when I modded Untouchable Force with 'Mind Control.'

Got leggings for the buff suit (UF: 10.2 for 18% penalty). :trans:

13:36 : Started the fight against The White Griffon. I hate this boss.

13:41 : Finished fighting The White Griffon. The fight was pretty tedious because the only thing that did decent damage was Furious Emblazer, which was slow to execute and thus didn't do damage as fast as I would've liked. Ah well, it'll get better.

Accepted and finished 'Too Many Fish.'

Accepted 'Serving the Inquisition.'

---

Still working at it--this build takes a while to come into its own.

Also, funny story about The White Griffon: back when my coop partner and I were still pretty new to the game, I had heard stories about TWG, so I had gotten it into my head that we were going griffon hunting. Since I didn't want to spoil the game for my partner and myself, all the directions I had gotten was that TWG was somewhere next to some T-Energy fields. We spent probably two weeks looking for TWG, going through all the T-Fields that we knew of and exploring the map in search of new ones. I then got more precise directions: TWG was in the T-Fields in the northwestern corner of Tyr Lysia. Specifically, right in the middle of an area we thought we had ruled out. We had completely explored that T-Field *except* for the part that had TWG in it. :dntknw:

To top it all off, this exact scenario occured again in the desert. We were looking for the Harpy Queen. :blush:

---

@essjayehm: The main reason I'm irked that I got a 'Glacial Defender' with this character is that Kara--one of my other characters--uses shields and very much would've liked it.

@essjayehm: The main reason I'm irked that I got a 'Glacial Defender' with this character is that Kara--one of my other characters--uses shields and very much would've liked it.[/size][/font]

Did you put it in your stash?

Well, did anyone else feel a disturbance in the force last night? :D

Ancaria trembles.... not in the way an earthquake would move the ground, but rather like the lifeforce of every living thing in the world shuddered at the same moment. Ancaria's saviour is born, but will they destroy the plague that ravages every living thing, or keep it for their own devices?

Welcome to the story of another attempt at the glory of completing the Niobium campaign without dying. My cousin got a PS3 and I decide I will have one more go at hardcore style.

To keep things interesting, I will not reveal the toon's class, and encourage guesses from the community, but please give your reasoning, as I will not reveal the correct answer unless it is explained somewhat (ie Combat Arts, skills, modifications, etc...)

OK... playing hardcore is hardly interesting unless I play HARDcore, so an additional handicap will be added: only 1 General Skill will be chosen. :sweating:

I fire up the game on a new profile, so I choose my class and name, which I can't say yet as it would give up the class almost immediately. I choose my Deity, and start up a freeworld game on Bronze difficulty. I port from start isle to Sloeford and just run around a little, gaining a level, and some drops. I stop and choose my first skill: Divine Devotion :oooo: I'd gathered up 13 health potions so I quit the freeworld and fire up the Campaign... starting in Silver :BlobRed: It is very slow-going, and 3.5 hours later, I ding level 12 in the Black Oaks region. If I list the exact skills, it would reveal the class, so I'll just list them as "Aspect 1" Aspect 2 etc.

Divine Devotion - 1

Aspect 1 Lore - 5

Aspect 2 Focus - 5

Concentration - 1

Aspect 2 Lore - 4

And some sandbagged points... just in case. All attribute points are put in Vitality... this may change later.

Well, not too much to go on here, folks... but I will say if I picked Tactics lore I wouldn't disguise it, so it has not been chosen (yet?)

End of day friday edit: I'll be away for the weekend... so another hint is in order to tittilate the logical regions of your grey matter... Testa was the god chosen.

Here's a question: Did you take your "Aspect 2 Focus" before or after putting 5 points into the "Aspect 1 Lore"?

I have a good idea of which class it's likely to be already, but this will help me confirm it.

Here's a question: Did you take your "Aspect 2 Focus" before or after putting 5 points into the "Aspect 1 Lore"?

I have a good idea of which class it's likely to be already, but this will help me confirm it.

To be more precise, yes, I had to put the 5 points into lore 1 before I could choose aspect 2 focus.

Hmmm, ok. That doesn't remove a class from the fray. I'm still left with 3 possible classes left given the current information. A different answer would have brought the list down to 2.

Light or Shadow campaign?

Your "disturbance in the force" line seems like well-crafted writing, but I'm not ruling out the significance. The "...will they destroy the plague that ravages every living thing, or keep it for their own devices?" line adds doubt to the relevance of the line.

Lol, this is pretty interesting. I will keep reading to see how you progress essjayehm. I won't have any guesses though, since I only ever played Seraphims, but still want to see how it goes.

Also, I am doing my own HC playthrough, except I'm not going completely by the rules set forth here. I am using gear from other play-throughs. But other than that, I'm attempting to do this without dying and with out outside help.

So far, I have a Dual Wielding Seraphim at level 51 in Gold. I'm just grinding levels at this time. Was doing Orc cave in Gold, but they started hitting really hard once I hit 50. Almost died numerous times now, so I'm getting worried, lol. I don't think I have the gear to sustain this, so I am thinking about switching to Silver to grind Orc's there until I get some better gear. I will probably continue the Gold quest once I'm level 60, but we shall see how I feel at that time.

I am probably not doing a very conventional HC build. For example, I am not investing points into Vitality. I am keeping Constitution at current level, so that helps. But my survivability comes from 1. killing fast and 2. from DP, which does wonders. Now that I hit 50 and have 2 points to invest in attributes, I'm also putting points into Willpower so that the shield starts getting stronger. I'm also going to start pumping points into Warding Energy Lore soon, which is currently at level 1.

HC is fun. Too many near death experiences though. Makes for some scary times. Glad I'm keeping Constitution at my current level, otherwise I would have died a few times already, lol.

Lol, this is pretty interesting. I will keep reading to see how you progress essjayehm. I won't have any guesses though, since I only ever played Seraphims, but still want to see how it goes.

It'll be a little slow... maybe 1 or 2 playsessions per week, 3-4 hours each. So if there aren't any updates for awhile, either nothing has happened or I haven't played.

Also, I am doing my own HC playthrough, except I'm not going completely by the rules set forth here. I am using gear from other play-throughs. But other than that, I'm attempting to do this without dying and with out outside help.

That's perfectly OK... the one rule that counts is no dying!

HC is fun. Too many near death experiences though. Makes for some scary times. Glad I'm keeping Constitution at my current level, otherwise I would have died a few times already, lol.

Sooo much fun when you have a consequence for doing something stupid, or get into your head without realizing it and have to run away for your life :oooo:

Haha, Mystix you're on the correct track...

Yes, 3 is the correct number of toons that should be derived from the DD hint. As you thought, the skill choices also show something.... but it's that it cannot be the Shadow Warrior (do not have to put 5 points in AL Lore to choose one of the other focuses).

I deliberatly wrote the introduction to be mis-leading, tbh. The Star Wars reference was just for fun, and alignment I can't reveal yet... but more hints are warranted!

*2 buffs I have in use... one is 95% defensive and one is 95% offensive.

*The combat art(s) I am using will mostly be raised thru rune eating (aside from buffs, which I will use buff-suits). Any +Combat Arts from equipment will be essentially "bonus" levels.

So, only 5 classes left to choose... 'cept Mystix who seems to have it down to 3 :evil:

Haha, Mystix you're on the correct track...

Yes, 3 is the correct number of toons that should be derived from the DD hint. As you thought, the skill choices also show something.... but it's that it cannot be the Shadow Warrior (do not have to put 5 points in AL Lore to choose one of the other focuses).

I deliberatly wrote the introduction to be mis-leading, tbh. The Star Wars reference was just for fun, and alignment I can't reveal yet... but more hints are warranted!

*2 buffs I have in use... one is 95% defensive and one is 95% offensive.

*The combat art(s) I am using will mostly be raised thru rune eating (aside from buffs, which I will use buff-suits). Any +Combat Arts from equipment will be essentially "bonus" levels.

So, only 5 classes left to choose... 'cept Mystix who seems to have it down to 3 :evil:

I removed SW from the use of 2 Aspect Lores. SW only has one Lore, the other is Tactics Lore (which you ensured would be explicitly labeled as such if/when taken). The requirement of a level 5 Lore leading to unlocking Focuses was for another comparison between the remaining 3, which unfortunately didn't rule out any of the remaining 3.

Is one of the buffs a summon type buff (much like Nether Allegiance)?

@essjayehm: I did put it in my stash, yes. I actually plan on stashing all the uniques I find. Funny thing, though: Kara actually found a 'Glacial Defender' since I last posted--and another 'Wall of Flames,' as well. I have four of the blasted things now... :dry:

Anyway, Divine Devotion was the first skill. Possible characters: Dryad, High Elf, Inquisitor, Seraphim, Shadow Warrior. :smart:

You have taken an 'Aspect Lore' twice, but haven't taken 'Tactics Lore.' Shadow Warrior eliminated. Remaining characters: Dryad, High Elf, Inquisitor, Seraphim. :smart:

Testa was the chosen god. Seraphim cannot choose a dark god. Seraphim eliminated. Remaining characters: Dryad, High Elf, Inquisitor. :smart:

I actually can't eliminate any of the remaining characters for certain, but I don't consider any of the High Elf's buffs 95% offensive, so I doubt that's your character. :unsure:

---

Also, I forgot to post the set of rules I'm playing by for my HARDCORE character.

My rules:

New profile--there's nothing in the Hero Chest! :sigh:

No trading--it would be too easy with high +All Skills rings and amulets! :(

No bargaining--no easy access to 2* items! :nooo:

Boss rush--kill all boss-type creatures in each difficulty! (I'm lenient with this one--I expect it'll get me killed) :viking:

Good eye there, MITZE! 2 characters eliminated in one post!

Evil God = The Seraphim is officially eliminated from the list.

Divine Devotion = The robot cannot honour a 'god' ;) TG eliminated.

IMO, Crystal Skin could be 95% defensive, depending on mods chosen. Physical Armour, Ice Mitigation, slowing opponents... but adding a silver and/or gold mods will make it at least 50-50.

Three left, no more hints until I play more, probably tonight :BlobRed:

IMO, Crystal Skin could be 95% defensive, depending on mods chosen. Physical Armour, Ice Mitigation, slowing opponents... but adding a silver and/or gold mods will make it at least 50-50.

Three left, no more hints until I play more, probably tonight :BlobRed:

And here I was trying to be all secretive. I've eliminated Seraphim, TG and SW already.

I was trying to eliminate HE by my first question (all focuses are secondary, so if you took a focus skill without 5 points into a Lore first, then I knew it couldn't be HE).

I was trying to eliminate Inquisitor via the Light/Shadow question.

You still haven't answered whether one of your buffs is a summon or not though...but that will sort between HE, Dryad and Inquisitor.

@essjayehm: Actually, the Temple Guardian *CAN* choose 'Divine Devotion;' he just can't choose it as his first skill. It's a secondary skill choice for him. :smart:

@Mystix123: Heh, sorry 'bout that.

Also, I don't think the answer to your question will be as helpful as you think. All three remaining characters have at least two buffs that aren't of the summoning type. All three remaining characters also have access to at least one buff that *IS*. The High Elf has 'Fire Demon,' the Dryad has 'Moribund Animus,' and the Inquistor can turn 'Zealous Doppleganger' into a buff.

Post Edited by gogoblender: Easy on the poking please :xmastree:

Mitze:

To keep things interesting, I will not reveal the toon's class, and encourage guesses from the community, but please give your reasoning, as I will not reveal the correct answer unless it is explained somewhat (ie Combat Arts, skills, modifications, etc...)

As you said, Zealous Doppelganger can be modified to be a buff, so this is information that we could be given, given the rules that Essjayehm has set for the game...assuming that my attempt at luring Essjayehm into giving us extra information without realizing it hadn't been pointed out like this...

It still eliminates Inquisitor if he's using a Summon type Buff without mods, as he hasn't stated his mods yet (and that would have been the next question). It makes Inquisitor the only possible class if it was modded to become a Buff.

Alas, now one of the tricks I was bringing to this game has been revealed. How many more will I have? (lol)

Edit: Didn't use the correct coding for the quote. Fixed.

Edited by Mystix123

@Mystix123: Since gogo felt my last post necessitated modding, I feel I should apologize for what may have been perceived as rude behavior. I forgot that this is the internet, and that tone-of-voice doesn't always carry over well. Please accept my humblest apologies.

I only meant meant it as light-hearted ribbing. Sorry if you were offended. :(

---

Anyway, I made quite a deal of progress with Model #4NUB15 yesterday, in terms of powering up.

I finished the 'Serving the Inquisition' quest-chain ('Serving the Inquisition,' 'Conflict over a Corspe,' 'Inquisitor Monwarion,' 'Problems in the Central Dungeon,' and 'The Prison Revolt') and the quest 'Help for Lawaon.'

After that came 'Dirty Streets,' during which I reached Level 19.

Then, while exploring (read: looting) the 'Broken Lance' tavern, I got a 'Gem of Life.' Considering my last amulet/talisman/what-have-you only had +5 defense, it was a considerable upgrade.

Then I completed the 'Slaves...' quest-chain ('Slaves...,' 'Mutiny?') and got started on 'The Undead Legion' megaquest-chain. While on the first part of it...

17:17 : Level 20 (SWL: 5, LFF: 16, LFL: 6, AL: 12, CD: 1, SWF: 10). Modded Fiery Ember with 'Incinerate.' My reasoning: I don't need two sources of '-opponent's attack speed.'

17:38 : Got a 'Larilgar's Protector.'

Proceeding with the megaquest ('The Undead Legion,' 'The Old Records,' starting 'Identifying the Undead') I reached Level 21.

After that, another chunk of the megaquest was finished (the end of 'Identifying the Undead,' 'Immediate Action,' and 'Message to the High Council').

I took a break to eat around this time, and when I came back I found that (UF: 13 for 13.3% penalty).

Afterwards, yet another chunk of the megaquest was taken care of ('Expedition to the Old Naval Port,' 'The General,' starting 'Battle Below Ground').

In the middle of 'Battle Below Ground,' I found a set of 'Arm Guards of T-Energy,' a much needed upgrade.

Continuing on, I finished 'Battle Below Ground,' 'Getting the Plan of Action Approved,' and started on 'Journey to Clearview,' during which I hit Level 22.

Finishing 'Journey to Clearview,' I finally worked on the last chunk of the megaquest ('Defending Clearview,' 'Kerry,' 'The Brother's Amulet,' 'Back with Beniel Again,' starting 'The Geneal of the Undead Legion').

21:34 : Level 23 (SWL: 5, LFF: 16, LFL: 6, AL: 12, CD: 1, SWF: 19). Modded Icy Evanescence with 'Icy Needles.' My reasoning: '-opponent's movement speed' is mostly useless for this build.

22:00 : 'The Undead Legion' megaquest-chain is finished! Noteworthy loot: a ~17% deathblow ring and 'Lumen's Support.'

---

Model #4NUB15 is coming along quite nicely. I think it's about time to get on with the challenge.

Howdy, folks... sorry I've been a little quiet but we've already halved the field with just the first post. Don't want to ruin the fun too quickly ;)

Alrighty, the second installment of the story is ready to be presented. Without further ado... let the facepalming begin 8)

Picking up where I left off in Black Oaks, I stash the Scribe Bracers of Atheron I got for finishing the second quest of the toons' career (the first was, as always, Tutorial Runemaster). There aren't too many quest rewards I consider 'good' but those are 2 of the top 5, for sure. Undead Legion, Blind Guardian and the class quest would be the other 3. 6, if you include the Unique Mounts, but not every toon I have 'wants' theirs. Back to beelining the Main quest, I am finding when I run into an elite enemy, it's like a miniboss battle! :viking: But defences seem OK, so I start working on offense for the next few levels... but queue facepalm 1 as I mess up my CA modification order. Typically I mod my buffs first, as a general rule. That, combined with my relative inexperience with "Aspect 2" I am blaming for the oopsie :sweating: I should've fully modified my "attack spell" first, then started modifying my buff, but I ended up with the following order: attack spell, buff, buff, but I realize that this is incorrect as I do not have buff suit yet. If I had even a modest buffsuit to pump it up ~5 levels, then I would've been OK, but it does slow the toon down somewhat as I have to farm out a couple of levels before my attack spell can get its gold modification in place.

Level 15, I get to Orcish Byway and its time for the Gar'Colossus. Facepalm 2 as I forget to activate my godspell during this fight, which lasts about 5 mins. I was waiting for him to toss a stone so I could drop his shield quickly, and totally forgot about Testa after I had his shield down. I get flustered somewhat and waltz right into facepalm 3. I end up rushing my way to the "place where magic flows from the earth" only to find I didn't check in with the bossman after I killed Gar. It's not all bad as I had used the godspell on a bunch of goblins and it wasn't recharged when I got to the 4-elemental fight so I ported back to Orcish Byway, finished the MQ checkpoint and pwn the elementals with Testa's blue balls :twitch: I FINALLY get my attack spell fully modded as I exit Entruag and I get lots of interesting fights with orcs/ogres as I traverse Nor Plat. I get my first couple of 1 for 1 rune trades going, and pump up my attack spell to level 5 (3 runes + 2 from gear). I had done 1 4 for 1 trade (to get one of my buffs online) and a 3 for 1 to get my "attack spell" online as I had some bad luck in the early levels getting my desired Combat Arts runes to drop. But that's life, and I knew I would be rune-eating so I just stashed all those little goodies as I got them and now I have a nice collection to draw from and trade 1-1. Unfortunately, other than my Atheron bracers, the only thing in the chest is runes, even by the end of the playsession, I did not get any unique or set drops yet... and to top it all off, every rare except one has been crap as well. Maybe I should stop calling on Testa so often (I try to use the GS whenever it recharges) and he will reward me with better drops? /end rhetorical question

Level 19, I arrive at the Octogolomus. Timed almost perfectly, Testa is ready and willing to kick the squids' slimy tail (do squid have tails?). Of couse, nothing goes as planned and I get all discombobulated tring to get Testa a taste of of Octopus and I run in close, press up on the d-pad and... yup, you guessed it... he uses his super-knockback move on me and almost the entire godspell is wasted running back into the fray. Bah! My fault as I forgot about that totally annoying manouver so I head back to finish the Orc region MQ and I realize that the 5 mins it took me to drop the second boss had recharged my godspell :paladin: Before I end the playsession for the day, I decide to socket my Atheron bracers with a couple of runes (yes, I will lose one when I unsocket), to boost up my buffs as I hadn't even gotten a stinking piece of gear with a buff-boosting modifier! It's been almost 4 hours and I'm ready to quit but I want to know how Testa's spell is affecting the bosses as I hadn't gotten in a good activation yet. I start up a freeworld (Silver) game and port back to Orcish Byway. I had left that ressurection monolith lit up, just for such a whim. Run run run straight to the big Golem and muck up a little, letting him bean me with a couple of stones while I was waiting for him to thow one. Honestly, facepalm 4 as each time I decide that he's not throwing a rock, so I can cast something... and he bends over, grabs a stone and smacks me with it. Smash the rock, and hit Testa's number on the speed dial. Riiiiing.... Riiiiing... hello! In about 5 seconds, Testa has reduced the living statues' HP by half, and I start my assault. 3 more miniutes later, he does his death dance, and I grab the loot only to find that he dropped me a buff suit piece! :BlobRed: Bracers with +2 to one buff *facepalm 5*

At any rate, here are the closing stats for the day (Skill, hard points, (soft level)):

Divine Devotion 1 (9)

Aspect 1 Lore 9 (9)

Aspect 2 Focus 17 (19)

Concentration 1 (1)

Aspect 2 Lore 5 (5)

Aspect 1 Focus 5 (5)

and 9 points left over. I can get another CA mod in Aspect 1, pump DD or sandbag the points... not too sure yet. I haven't even decided if I'm going to add the third aspect or what the final 4 skills will exactly be. Ancient Magic really should be one of them, I want to test if it affects Testa's GS. Ohcrap... I think I have given it away now, but if not, then here is a hint regarding my modified combat arts: Aspect 1: buff 2, 2 'other' Combat Arts 1 mod each. Aspect 2: buff 2, attack spell 3.

Just in case you've scrolled past the wall of text (shame on you :whistle: ) let's recap:

It's a "pure caster" build so far, so if it is an Inquisitor, I'm using Astute Supremacy and Nefarious Netherworld aspects. If High Elf, it's gotta be Delphic Arcania and ?; and a Dryad would be Cabalistic Voodoo and Nature Weaver.

/start sarcasm Oh noes, now I've gone and given it all away, now (cue the Chili Peppers) :cow_white:

/end facepalming

/end sarcasm

/end endfaketags

Played a little more yesterday.

---

22:37 : Level 24.

23:13 : Picked up a 'Ring of Harpys.'

23:45 : Level 25. Got 'Constitution' (SWL: 5, LFF: 16, LFL: 7, AL: 12, CD: 1, SWF: 22, C: 4).

Started the quest-chain 'The Hunter Camp' ('The Hunter Camp' and the start of 'The Boar').

25:15 : Got a 'Ker's Scepter.'

Finished the quest 'The Boar.' Accepted and finished the quest 'Panem et Circenses' (does anyone know what this phrase means?).

25:32 : Level 26.

Discovered that I picked up a 'Detheya's Cowl.' I don't care if the full set provides '+% leeched life,' the set is ugly.

Also picked up a better pair of buff shoes, so (UF: 14 for 9.7% penalty).

Lastly, accepted and completed the last part of 'The Alchemist' quest-chain ('Alchemist Jacobas').

---

I'm currently sitting in Artamark, ready to go after the Gambling Den Owner and Bloodclaw. Wish me luck!

---

@essjayehm: You mentioned taking 'Ancient Magic.' That is not a skill choice for Inquisitor characters. Inquisitor eliminated. Remaining characters: Dryad, High Elf. :smart:

:unsure: I'm going to guess that you are playing a Dryad. You're using Moribund Animus and Ancient Bark for your buffs. You're using Twisted Torment (maybe), Malicious Totem, and Tangled Vine for damage-dealing against normal enemies, bringing in Edaphic Lances against bosses. You are using Acute Mind to boost your damage--which, incidentally, works with Testa. You also have Goldenglade Touch, which would mean that you only needed health pots for the early levels.

Soooo...how wrong was I? :inquire:

• Like! 1
@essjayehm: You mentioned taking 'Ancient Magic.' That is not a skill choice for Inquisitor characters. Inquisitor eliminated. Remaining characters: Dryad, High Elf. :smart:

:unsure: I'm going to guess that you are playing a Dryad. You're using Moribund Animus and Ancient Bark for your buffs. You're using Twisted Torment (maybe), Malicious Totem, and Tangled Vine for damage-dealing against normal enemies, bringing in Edaphic Lances against bosses. You are using Acute Mind to boost your damage--which, incidentally, works with Testa. You also have Goldenglade Touch, which would mean that you only needed health pots for the early levels.

Soooo...how wrong was I? :inquire: [/size][/font]

I hate Twisted Torment. NO SOUP FOR YOU :tongue:

When I was deciding between Dryad and Inquisitor, the Jedi wannabe had 2 signifigant things working against him. Lack of Ancient Magic, which wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't the healing portion of Testa's ability... Purifying Chastitment boosts the godspell, but only for the first 'wave' of damage, since you get healed between "waves". So, the Dryad was chosen as the consoles' greatest abuser of Testa's ability. The theory is sound, but I want to see how the practice holds up.

Nice job, Mitze... I had forgotten to see about a reward for the correct guess. Let me see what I can do.

The first part of your reward: link ;)

Awww...I finally get a chance to read the thread again and it's been solved already. Nice work Mitze. Congrats.

By the way, I wasn't offended by your comment. I figured it wasn't intended to start anything. I've just been swamped in work lately.

This thread makes me want to continue my HC Challenge SW, but I don't think my advisor will take that as an excuse to delay the beginning of the experiment any longer. (lol)

Good luck in finishing the challenge both of you!