Hard Core for Consoles challenge

but no oversocketing or console re-sets

*off-topic*

Can someone explain these 2 things please? Im still very new and have never heard these terms.

*on-topic*

I am doing pretty good so far on my HE, level 35 no deaths no help from online and I started from nothing! woohoo me and my 50% survival bonus!

Cheers!

Oversocketing:

Having a high level character socket a high level ring/amulet in a low level weapon/armor. By doing this, you can socket a level 200 amulet in a level 5 sword, and a level 5 character can use it.

Console reset:

Ending the game right after you die, before the game is saved. This is normally done by turning off the console.

Edited by lujate

Ok, but oversocketing would imply accessing items in the chest/items from other chars, which is a no-no in any event.

EDIT: Ok so I'm trying to think ahead on a WIDD Inquisitor build, but I've not played enough to know all the INs and OUTs of such a build. I know that I have to boost my health, but I can't take Bargaining too early on to shop for +HP rings, since I won't have much money early on. So I'll have to wait for level 5 or 8 I guess. But I'd have to boost constitution, but can't find on the Wiki exactly how fast higher levels regenerate health. I'd want to keep my health low and not regenerate it too fast, otherwise I'd have to stand around and get hit first before my WIDD takes effect... which is a bit of a catch22...

I'm also in between choosing Combat Reflexes or Toughness. Perhaps someone will toss the coin on my behalf?

Then I'm thinking Reverse Polarity as another buff, I'm thinking this would be great as a WIDD added perk, but I'm just hoping that in between RP and Toughness/CR, that I'd take enough damage to inflict enough damage... I know in Plat and Niob, taking damage is not really a concern, but I have to test start this build in Silver and Gold, and I just hope I'm on the right track?

Edited by Scleameth

OK so I'm at level 20 with my duel wielding\shopping Inquisitor. I have to say that this is my first time really playing with an Inquisitor and so far I like it very much.

I just can't stand the armor! It looks as if the dude is wearing a nappy under those robes... And the mish-mash of bright colors... :xmastree: I dunno, what else should he be wearing accept a 60s night gown? Tough to say how they could really make him look different. Perhaps if he was a little more skinny and even had normal trousers. I'm looking like santa on washing day atm. :oooo:

Well S1 had WIDD = Wounds Increase Damage Dealt. Which to me is an easy global term for Sacred 2 which uses Damage of Enraged Players as well as Purifying Chastisement for the inquisitor. Sorry it's force of habit I suppose... :o

Just had the thought of what happens when the Inquisitor dies while doppleganger is active. I understand that in HC it still counts as permanent death, I guess gentleman's honor counts a real lot here! I thought that it might spoil the game a bit if the doppleganger can be used as a permanent scapegoat, but HC I think has it spot on to have the death count as death. :mafia:

After my first SW being a complete failure, my next two were built with the mentality of HC play in mind. My second one I ended up not using no more partly due to mistake, partly because he was built on a different account that needed some purging. Third SW, he died, thus disqualifies me unless I go and build another all over. And at this point, I don't have time for that. :P

ARGH! ><

Just had the thought of what happens when the Inquisitor dies while doppleganger is active. I understand that in HC it still counts as permanent death, I guess gentleman's honor counts a real lot here! I thought that it might spoil the game a bit if the doppleganger can be used as a permanent scapegoat, but HC I think has it spot on to have the death count as death. :mafia:

On the overview screen, you will have a death, and your SB resets if you die with ZD active. So you wouldn't be able to post the screenie with 0 deaths.

But, honour plays the major role in this challenge, still :)

• 2 weeks later...

I finished Silver last night at level 46. Tough final battle, but I made it! My bargaining is at level 115, but I think that I've bought one weapon and one amulet that I actually have equipped open world. My shopping mainly consist of buying items to boost bargaining - I'm still hopeful it pays off... :bomb: The merchants normally only have one weapon with more than one socket (at the moment) and it's a polearm or two handed sword... :twitch: I'm duel wielding hafted weapons and I'm still using one of my hammers I found at level 25! Hafted weapons at the merchant is does about 140 damage, where this hammer of mine does 130 damage and the stats are far better and more sockets that anything I've found at the merchants. But again, I remain hopeful. :agreed:

level 51 in Gold and just fragged the Octagolamus... Since my last post my only new equipment is a set of sleeves and I'm starting to wonder if 51 points spent in bargaining could have been better spent elsewhere? I only shop when entering a new town, or reloading my game, but the hafted weapons at the merchants are still not up to expectation. I'm still with my same 2 hammers doing around 130 damage (callous execution does about 1.4K), but the merchants offer at best 150 damage and no sockets! Even the armor feels like the sockets are drying up. My bargaining is at level 131 and I'm not even getting nice rings or amys anymore. :unsure: I'll keep boosting bargaining, since I suppose there's no harm done and I've come this far already...

I have a ton of runes that I dare not consume and I'm just not finding any items that would assist with bringing down my regen times. Then again, I'm only level 51...

In silver I had about 50 blue potions at one stage and popped 'em down to about 10, now I have 3 remaining and use them very sparingly. Why would the xp potions drops dry up? I thought that in the Orc region I'll gain a couple more, but none have dropped and I'm on my way to the Seraphim island. :oooo:

I seriously need a spurt of good fortune soon! Set drops seem OK-ish, but 6/6 was for other character classes... :sigh:

AFAIK, Bargaining does not really work as a passive skill. For it to really work, you need to go on dedicated shopping trips.

My Silver HE is level 25 and ready to face the Gar Colossus. Despite the fact that she keeps whining the enemies are too tough, I have not really had any real trouble.

Despite the fact that she keeps whining the enemies are too tough, I have not really had any real trouble.

Heh, same here - I keep on beating the heck out of all enemies, but my inquisitor seems to think that he's going to die any moment soon... :lol:

But I guess I'll have to spend one entire gaming session on shopping alone, just to reach a final verdict.

level 54 now and past the Mist of Miasma. My shopping is now at 168 and the points\time spent are starting to pay dividends! :cow_white: Now I'm stuck with a new problem: goooold! Saw an axe last night of 1.5mil - it had a halo around it and I could swear I heard angels singing somewhere in the background, but unfortunately I just spent about 3mil on socketing... so I was short about 500K. But the good news is that I'm finding these items. :agreed: My hammers do about 150 damage but I'm finding some at the merchants (although no sockets) that do around 180 - 190 damage. And to think that just 3 levels ago I was wielding 130 damage hammers...

I get the feeling that the rune masters offer better rings and amys than the merchants? Same goes for armor at the blacksmiths? Or is it pure coincidence?

level 54 now and past the Mist of Miasma. My shopping is now at 168 and the points\time spent are starting to pay dividends! :cow_white: Now I'm stuck with a new problem: goooold! Saw an axe last night of 1.5mil - it had a halo around it and I could swear I heard angels singing somewhere in the background, but unfortunately I just spent about 3mil on socketing... so I was short about 500K. But the good news is that I'm finding these items. :agreed: My hammers do about 150 damage but I'm finding some at the merchants (although no sockets) that do around 180 - 190 damage. And to think that just 3 levels ago I was wielding 130 damage hammers...

I get the feeling that the rune masters offer better rings and amys than the merchants? Same goes for armor at the blacksmiths? Or is it pure coincidence?

level 54 now and past the Mist of Miasma. My shopping is now at 168 and the points\time spent are starting to pay dividends! :cow_white: Now I'm stuck with a new problem: goooold!

Welcome to the poor house... sorry, no hand-outs for dancing cows :)Nice bargaining level, btw... keeping it at 3x character level will be the tricky part...

Saw an axe last night of 1.5mil - it had a halo around it and I could swear I heard angels singing somewhere in the background, but unfortunately I just spent about 3mil on socketing... so I was short about 500K. But the good news is that I'm finding these items. :agreed: My hammers do about 150 damage but I'm finding some at the merchants (although no sockets) that do around 180 - 190 damage. And to think that just 3 levels ago I was wielding 130 damage hammers...

It's not pure coincidence.... the runemaster has more rings than the general merchant, so you will find "better" rings there more often... the armour at blacksmith thing is coincidence... usually I find things at both guys, but more often at the general merchant than the smith.

It's not pure coincidence.... the runemaster has more rings than the general merchant, so you will find "better" rings there more often... the armour at blacksmith thing is coincidence... usually I find things at both guys, but more often at the general merchant than the smith.

Ah, ok thanks - Well I find that the blacksmith offers some armor with sockets at least. So far my shopping armor have no sockets! Fortunately I found a few items that have +bargaining and +all skills...

PS. Gratz on 1K posts!

I died, I died, I diiiiieeeed!! :twitch:

Gold, level 58 1st Guardian. I was watching my health bar and suddenly saw the save icon appear and realized something went wrong - I got switched with the doppleganger! :cry: :cry: and just when everything seemed to go my way. From level 54 I got 7 set item drops, my shopping was picking up speed, the sun was shining, birds were chirping and the world was my oyster. Now there's only dark clouds and sorrow... I should have backed out of the fight, but oh no, mr. Superhero had to just stand there toe to toe and take 2K damage every second. I had a few items just waiting for me to clock in at level 65. :sigh:

Well, I'm glad I spent a bit of time learning what shopping has to offer and I think it's time to break the dryad loose from confinement.

R.I.P. ScWIDD, it's been fun. :bye:

I died, I died, I diiiiieeeed! :twitch:

Gold, level 58 1st Guardian. I was watching my health bar and suddenly saw the save icon appear and realized something went wrong - I got switched with the doppleganger! :cry: :cry: and just when everything seemed to go my way. From level 54 I got 7 set item drops, my shopping was picking up speed, the sun was shining, birds were chirping and the world was my oyster. Now there's only dark clouds and sorrow... I should have backed out of the fight, but oh no, mr. Superhero had to just stand there toe to toe and take 2K damage every second. I had a few items just waiting for me to clock in at level 65. :sigh:

Well, I'm glad I spent a bit of time learning what shopping has to offer and I think it's time to break the dryad loose from confinement.

R.I.P. ScWIDD, it's been fun. :bye:

Sorry for your toon, Scleameth... but now you know the power of bargaining, so rebuilding and finishing this challenge will be no problemo! The Dryad is infintely more robust defensively than the Inquisitor, but has some issues with offense if mis-built...

Good luck, and have fun!

RIP, ScWIDD :drunkards:

Thanks for the condolences, essjayehm - dunno why, but this song is all that springs to mind when thinking back on my adventures...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5Rp0hOlJuc&feature=related

I'll definitely check out some dryad builds before starting... don't wanna end up short on nr. 99 again.

Edited by Scleameth

hi everyone -

I'm somewhat new to Sacred, but I've decided to take on this challenge after a few botched builds and a few decent ones. So far I'm a level 30 Inquisitor w:

Bargaining

GI Focus

Armor Lore

Toughness

Tactics Lore

AS Focus

Combat Discipline

I use a unique energy staff gun and Lance of Perdition...still not 100 percent sure about my weapon spec as the energy staff on the spider gets disgusting range and makes Mortifying Pillory and Ruthless Mutiliation very powerful.

So far doing well and looking forward to moving up to Gold, Plat, etc.