Leveling Combat Alert as buff

Dext

I`ve recently started to play Sacred 2 and after looking through the Combat Art`s I figured that making Combat Alert as a permanent buff felt like a good idea.

My question in is: How do you level Combat Alert after its a buff, my memorized runes dosent seem to affect it at all since its not Combat Alert any longer but a Battle Aura or something.

Any ideas? :bounce:

I`ve recently started to play Sacred 2 and after looking through the Combat Art`s I figured that making Combat Alert as a permanent buff felt like a good idea.

My question in is: How do you level Combat Alert after its a buff, my memorized runes dosent seem to affect it at all since its not Combat Alert any longer but a Battle Aura or something.

Any ideas? :bounce:

When you turn Combat Alert into a permanent buff it changes its name to battle aura. Battle aura is improved with combat alert runes just like any other permanent buff. I personally prefer to leave combat alert as a castable because it is not too hard to have its duration be as long as its regen time so you can have it up all of the time. Also when you turn it into a permanent buff all of the bonuses it provides are cut in half. The difference between a plus 300% bonus and a plus 600% percent bonus is very noticable especially against bosses. In my opinion the only reason to turn combat alert into a permanent buff is if you hate recasting about every minute (at higher levels).

I see, the thing is, I dont know, but its seems to be some kind of problem with the tooltip. I mean, if Combat Alert ia increased with runes it should raise in level, but it dosent, tried to memorize like ten runes but nothing happens. Or did am I misunderstanding something?

and aye, I think I`m one of those who like to have as many things as possible as buffs in order to lay focus on other things :paladin:

ty for the reply.

Are you in the penalty for the combat art? What is the highest level without penalty granted by your devout guardian focus skill? Is the level of battle aura expressed with a decimal point (e.g. 12.1)?

If you in the penalty range you will recieve the full increase to regeneration time but will only increase a partial level toward the next level in the combat art.

Are you in the penalty for the combat art? What is the highest level without penalty granted by your devout guardian focus skill? Is the level of battle aura expressed with a decimal point (e.g. 12.1)?

If you in the penalty range you will recieve the full increase to regeneration time but will only increase a partial level toward the next level in the combat art.

well. I`m level 41 atm and Devout Guardian is at level 41, meaning that my max level for Combat Art`s in the same tree are level 58.

My Combat Alert level is 5, and a +3 devout guardian item is included.

/\

|

|

level I cant increase

Hmm starting to sound like a bug (hopefully a display bug). Which patch are you running?

v.2.0.2 build 1371

confirm a sec ago by memorizing 2 combat alert runes and nothing happend with the dmg or regen time, maybe time for a patchupgrade then?

cant confirm if its a display bug thou

Hmm starting to sound like a bug (hopefully a display bug). Which patch are you running?

v.2.0.2 build 1371

confirm a sec ago by memorizing 2 combat alert runes and nothing happend with the dmg or regen time, maybe time for a patchupgrade then?

cant confirm if its a display bug thou

Yeah I would patch up to 2.43. This is not a known bug in the current "vanilla" version or in the expansion.

will do that. ty.

btw, can you confirm that its a display bug? :paladin:

ty again

Sorry this is first time I have heard of this bug so I don't know if it is a display bug or not. I would test by looking at your attack or defense value before and after buff activation and determine by what percent they increase and compare that to what the buff benefit is displayed as.

hmm, well, if its a display bug, its bugging on the tooltip for the combat alert buff and also in the character info.

sorry for all the question but I have another problem now, though I should ask if its a known prob as well before I re-install the game.

I`ve downloaded 2.4.0 and 2.4.3 and none of them is working.

I get this error message:

Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel could not be located on your system. Re-install Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel and the run this patch again.

Tried to put the patch install in different maps but nothing seems to work. My game is truly bugging :paladin:

update done to 2,43 and I can now confirm that is wasent just a display bug, I`m still at level 5 at Combat Alert but it works fine with runes now.

Another funny thing was that my regen time for deadly spears dropped from 26 secs to 8 secs. It seems that either concentration or something else bugged as well.

anyhow, anything runs perfect, ty ppl