Monster Specialty

As some may know, I've been gathering up the skills, special attacks, and such of the monsters in ancaria for the last week now and have found a pretty fair amount of them. It seems monsters in general have a specific yes/no permission to use one of several skills in a large general table.

The following is my format for these skills...

Name: A tentative working name for the attack/ability

Element: is it ice? fire? poison? magic or phys?

Ailment: what it does to you, or them

Description: any special notes and a brief overview of what it looks like, since I cannot take quality photos.

For quick reference, Small is roughly the size of a rat. Medium is player sized, Large is ogre/troll size. Huge is dragon sized.

Quick note; I am a ps3 user, so this list is biased towards consoles, but I am fairly certain that most of the abilities are similar if not identical for the PC and 360.

Name: Cloudy Eyes

Element: none/physical?

Ailment: -attack speed

Description: A small black cloud floats about the player's head and causes a significant reduction in attack speed, about 30%

Name: Tusker Charge

Element: physical/poison(?)

Ailment: small chance for knockback(~5%?) as well as a good chance for stun(~50%?)

Description: the tusker(only?) rears up and smacks the player/npc in the torso rendering them temporarily unable to attack, rarely causes knockback.

Name: Reverse Life Leech-Summon only?

Element: none

Ailment: adds hitpoints to the boss

Description: I noticed this happening with Carnach mostly, his summons would send out the little orange "lasers" and mildly increase his hitpoints over time, seems to be a unique case but may be true for all boss summons?

Name: Sulfur Line & Burning Line(Carnach/Dragons only?)

Element: fire

Ailment: Fire DoT to any player/character standing near the gas or molten cracks

Description: These are skills used almost exclusively by Carnach and Dragons, the 'Sulfur line' appears as a straight line erupting from the ground in 6? directions. Appears to follow a compass pattern of N-NNE-SSE-S-SSW-NNW(?). 'Burning Line' is essentially the same ability however it appears as literally a firey zig zag that stretches out from the casters feet, in one-three directions.

Name: Fire Phalanx

Element: Fire

Ailment: Area of Effect fire attack(huge), possible burning

Description: The dragon(?) that casts this skill will breath a large gout of flame and form a burning phalanx on the ground in front of it. The entire area that is burning will cause Fire DoT and has a large chance to inflict the burning status, similar to the poison version used by Octogolamus.

Name: Road Flare

Element: Fire

Ailment: a medium immobile fire DoT

Description: the caster hurls a 'flare' at the target, wherever it lands it will cause persistent fire damage noted by a small, orange, circular icon on the ground. this icon will last either 40 seconds or until the caster is killed, a max of two may be maintained as the skill appears to have a 20 second recharge.

Name: "Incidniary Shower"

Element: *

Ailment: *

Description: See HE Combat Art of the same name, it is unmodded? and appears to be the basic version of the same name ability.

Name: "Ancestral Fireball"

Element: phys/fire

Ailment: direct damage, chance for burning

Description: looks just like the regular HE version, However! there are 2 versions. Version A is a straight shot, limited damage fireball used by small green dragons. The red dragons and all of the small elite dragons use version B which has the lock on modification. This fireball will follow the character quite a ways and can easily catch up without a large +run speed bonus.

Name: "Incandescent Skin"

Element: none?

Ailment: +Defense only?

Description: This appears exactly as the Combat Art with the same name, however it appears only to add Def and nothing more, it is approximately a 30% defense boost, regardless of level?

Name: Soul Shot

Element: Physical Impact, Ice(?) DoT

Ailment: inflicts 100% chance DoT, small chance(10%?) to slow target movement

Description: the caster raises his arms to the heavens and a small blue icicle shoots twoards the target, if it hits, it has a small chance to slow movement by 20% and inflicts ice DoT. 5 second recharge?

Name: Ice Blast

Element: Ice

Ailment: direct Area of Effect damage, slow move?

Description: the caster shoots a ball of ice that explodes in a small "Fiery Nova" style wave that affects all enemies within a given area. May cause slow move?

Name: Arctic Circle

Element: none/Ice?

Ailment: Slow movement, no damage?

Description: A huge white circle appears on the ground near the target, it immediately slows or even stops the target dead in it's tracks. Used mostly by Ogre Champions in the Orc Lands, some Orc Champions appear to have it as well.

Name: Attack Aura/Defense Aura

Ailment: increases atk or def respectively

Description: the caster and nearby friends are surrounded by a small aura of either circling swords(atk) or circling shields(def). It also affects nearby monsters as well, similar type only? no wild animal to humanoid or vice versa.

Name: Self Heal

Ailment: increases caster's hit-points by 80%?

Description: the caster issues a command to the heavens/his buddies/the wall nearby, and is blessed with a massive hp recovery that is instant(+hp), and not overtime(hp regen). This boost appears as tiny red flares(stars maybe?) surrounding the monster and then briefly falling towards the ground.

Name: Darkness blob(undead/swamp mutants only?)

Element: poison:)

Ailment: direct damage? and possible chance to poison? DoT?

Description: An odd purple ball of gas is emitted from the casters mouth, it appears to chase the target briefly before giving up and exploding in a small cloud? The exact effects of this skill are as of yet unknown, it seems to happen namely with the undead and swamp mutants, however their version is very difficult to see and very fast moving, a larger slower version happens to come from most dragons(not Carnach though). So far to me this skill is a bit of a mystery and kind of hard to notice, it's effects are either nil, unimplemented or very brief in duration.

So far that's it, I plan on adding more details to each as they roll in, I encourage others to help as well please, it takes a long time to do even one skill, I'm still working on a definitive list of what monster does and does not use which skill. So far I've got only a few written down, any other ability, photos, or definitive answers are greatly appreciated.

Edit: added the following today, November 2nd.

Name: Webbing

Element: none/physical

Ailment: two stage root/stun

Description: The creature T-mutant or spider usually spits out a sticky web that stops you in your tracks. If it hits again the duration is reset and you become fully stunned as opposed to just rooted.

Name: Boss only- "Reflection Shield"

Ailment: reflect spells and "missles" aka projectiles.

Description: appears as an icy blue sheath covering the entire body of the boss or mob. Has appeared on T-mutants randomly, bears notably in my experience.

Edited by Sarcolemming

Ah! Very nice Sarcolemming. I had been thinking about this very thing a few days ago when I was testing out a reflect mod. Got me thinking it'd be nice to document the special moves of enemies. You've gotten off to an excellent start Sarcolemming. :P

I wonder if some of the game files could out with this? I think I recall seeing a file that described enemy attacks to a small degree. I believe they even have names for the enemy attacks in the game files. Albeit in German but easily translated.

...Found it!

Looks like the Spells.txt file contains a fair bit of info on boss combat arts. I have Vista and found it in my installation folder; (C:\Program Files (x86)\Deep Silver\Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel\scripts\shared) I didn't notice any details about regular enemies but I suppose this is a start eh. Here's a sample of one of Garganthropod's combat arts. His reflect buff:

mgr.defineSpell( "boss_scorpion_reflektionsschild", {
eiStateName = "cSpellCast",
fxTypeCast = "",
fxTypeSpell = "FX_SC_SCHILD",
duration = 750.000000,
animType = "ANIM_TYPE_MAGICB",
animTypeApproach = "",
animTypeRide = "",
animTypeSpecial = "",
causesSpellDamage = 1,
tokens = {
	entry0 = {"et_duration_sec", 1000, 5, 0, 8 },
	entry1 = {"et_chance_reflect_spell", 500, 30, 0, 41 },
	entry2 = {"et_chance_reflect_missile", 500, 30, 0, 41 },
},
fightDistance = 0.000000,
aspect = "EA_ENEMY_ANY",
cooldown = 20.000000,
soundProfile = 0,
cost_level = 100,
cost_base = 100,
focus_skill_name = "skill__enemy_focus",
lore_skill_name = "skill__enemy_lore",
spellClass = "cSpellGenericRandomShield",
spellcontroltype = "eCAtype_b_boost_self",
sorting_rank = 0,
})

Really great stuff once again Sarcolemming. :)

Ty schott that is interesting though I was wondering what that blue aura was and now I know it's a reflection shield. Good stuff so we'll add that to the list then, as I think I have seen a few random mobs use something like that.

Also to add to the list are T-mutants, these critters seem to randomly pick from a wide range of skills. I noticed this when I was doing a little stroll through the unique mount quest, and subsequently the T-mutant swamplands just east of the Teardrop Hamlet. It would appear that T-mutants will spawn with one of a number of skills randomly selected for them from the entire table.

Adding today;

Name: Webbing

Element: none/physical

Ailment: two stage root/stun

Description: The creature T-mutant or spider usually spits out a sticky web that stops you in your tracks. If it hits again the duration is reset and you become fully stunned as opposed to just rooted.

Name: Boss only- "Reflection Shield"

Ailment: reflect spells and "missles" aka projectiles.

Description: appears as an icy blue sheath covering the entire body of the boss or mob. Has appeared on T-mutants randomly, bears notably in my experience.