Cursed Forest Quest: Looking for writers!

Hi ho, it's Schot the bot here reporting from DarkMatters. I've played the Cursed Froest quest a few times now and feel like it's time to get some info about it on the wiki. I'd like to know if anyone has been already been working on this so that we could combine our efforts. It's a somewhat large task since the quest is so long and it would be great if the wiki pages for this chain quest could be put together by several people. If no one has started already then maybe some would like to jump in. At the moment I've taken all the needed screenshots and I've started editing them to fit the wiki. I'll be adding them into the quest chains in order. If anyone would like to follow along and add written content along the way I would sure appreciate the help!

For now I've set up the main The Cursed Forest page which contains links to each of the quests within the chain. 21 in all. Whew! I've even takin screenshots for NPC pages and Places pages if anyone is feeling eager. :) Oh and the Places of the new Ice & Blood regions have been added to the wiki as well. Just the links to the place names though. Cursed Forest Crystal Plane

I'm off to edit some screenshots!

What exactly do you need to have done? Just written content on what happens or how to do stuff in the quests?

Exactly that Dragon. :agreed:

I think that following the general flow that the campaign quests have will be perfect for The Cursed Forest quest. It's pretty much a mini campaiign and what I'll need help most with is the Detailed Waslkthrough. I'm still tweaking the library of images I have to the entire chain and what I plan to do from my end is simply edit in the template structure and pictures. I'll just drop the assets I've created into the first chain and then move onto the next. I'll also add in all the basic info like all the header info, the quick walkthough points and additional minor text that might be needed on a page by page basis. The Detailed Walkthrough I'll leave untouched but I'll toss into that section whatever images I have made that could help. Placement of those images should go under the text that describes them. Of course if you add a pic you took that you think helps that works too.

The images I have are:

All logbooks

All Dialogues

All header images to indicate location

Bosses

Quest Items screenshots

The invisible maze

The main page for The Cursed Forest quest we'll leave unfinished I think until after all the chain pages have been done. I'm pretty sure it'll be a lot easier that way. I'll start with Bleeding Garema as soon as I've finished the pics and then post here to say I'm moving onto the next page.

Can't wait to see how this turns out. ^^

Well it just figures that the first chain in the quest was probably the most confusing, heh. Turns out that when you speak to the quest giver you recieve two chapters. Bleeding Garema and In the Jungle. So I'm writing off the Bleeding chapter as simply being about getting to the Blood region and finding the quest giver Officer Mintuck.

Moving onto the next chapter; In the Jungle

P.s.

I'll be playing around a bit with the quest template. I have some ideas that may improve layout.

I have already completed that chain quest once.

If no one else volunteers, I can start filling in the detailed walkthrough information after you get the screen shots loaded Shot. I will simply start this quest over again with a new character when we are ready to add the detailed walkthrough so that the information is fresh in my mind.

Well I'll have a read over some of what youve done and then I'll look at doing some work later this week. I've got my uni exams finishing this week so I havent really got time until theyre over to be working on this. But there's only 2 more and by friday im free as a bird for 3 and a half months! :pirate:

Sounds great you two and thanx! :4rofl:

I'll try to make sure that images are prepared for the detailed walkthrough but there might be something that I won't think of. If there's a picture you need prepared feel free to ask me to make one. In the meantime I've more or less finished up with the first two chains, Bleeding Garema and In the Jungle. I'm done with Buried Treasures for the most part as well but I'll be preparing some Detailed Walkthrough images tomorrow.

Night night. :pirate:

Sounds great you two and thanx! :D

I'll try to make sure that images are prepared for the detailed walkthrough but there might be something that I won't think of. If there's a picture you need prepared feel free to ask me to make one. In the meantime I've more or less finished up with the first two chains, Bleeding Garema and In the Jungle. I'm done with Buried Treasures for the most part as well but I'll be preparing some Detailed Walkthrough images tomorrow.

Night night. ;)

I will start working on those detailed walk throughs later today then.

I filled in the detailed walk through on Bleeding Garema.

Could you get a screenshot of Officer Mintuck? I would like to put him in the detailed area for the first two quests.

Thanks.

Later:

I have now filled in the second quest. I did add one note to the first quest, and two to the second one. I also edited the quick walk through part to add Amradiel to the wiki.

Edited by Ysne58

Awesome Ysne. ;) I'll get right on the pic of Mintuck. I have a few stored add will upload one asap and plop it into the quest page. :D

As for the remaining pages I've already uploaded all the header images and log books. I'm probably going to rush through adding them all and then back track to add in the basic written info as I've been doing. The header and quick walkthrough text. Can't wait till I get to Legacy of the mage. Made a great pic for the maze.

P.s.

Mintuck is up.

Awesome Ysne. :cry: I'll get right on the pic of Mintuck. I have a few stored add will upload one asap and plop it into the quest page. ;)

As for the remaining pages I've already uploaded all the header images and log books. I'm probably going to rush through adding them all and then back track to add in the basic written info as I've been doing. The header and quick walkthrough text. Can't wait till I get to Legacy of the mage. Made a great pic for the maze.

P.s.

Mintuck is up.

Your screen shots are awesome. I hope to have time and energy to move on to the next quest later today. Fibromyalgia with everything else just is not fun to cope with. I can't even read most of my email because AOL seems to have gone AWOL. I'm just a tad bit frustrated right now.

Thanx Ysne and no hurry. I'm quickly discovering that creating quest pages is not at all a linear task. I'm documenting quests so many other things need to be in place so I've been spending time on those other things. Namely adding the new Blood region enemies to the bestiary. Since a number of them are required knowledge for this quest I decided to just enter in all the Blood region enemies. Was kinda fun actually. I might even backtrack to enter NPC info that are part of the Cursed Forest quest. Oh and then there are the Places...

I'll post as I get through them. Speaking of which I set up the Weird Client page. ;)

Thanx Ysne and no hurry. I'm quickly discovering that creating quest pages is not at all a linear task. I'm documenting quests so many other things need to be in place so I've been spending time on those other things. Namely adding the new Blood region enemies to the bestiary. Since a number of them are required knowledge for this quest I decided to just enter in all the Blood region enemies. Was kinda fun actually. I might even backtrack to enter NPC info that are part of the Cursed Forest quest. Oh and then there are the Places...

I'll post as I get through them. Speaking of which I set up the Weird Client page. :)

I think this region is very similar to the Mythbusters show. The creators were/are having way too much fun.