Gold sockets/bargaining ?

im just wondering does bargaining have any effect on getting gold sockets on items from merchants?

I've a shopper char but still dont get any gold sockets on items at all even with bargaining at 300 all I can get

is double silver sockets at most,

can anyone help me please?

Hmm strange, with my shoppers I see alot of items with gold sockets, I have two HE's: one at level 142 with 480 Bargaining and another one with 220 char level 96.

I haven't seen any gold just bronze and silver :cry: ,sounds to me I need a he shopper,I've got a seraphim one but

seems maybe a he would be better,im trying to find dm stuff cause im tired of using sets,a friend suggested tweaking my files

but thats no fun so I'll try a he shopper to see if theres a difference,thanks spunky

• 2 weeks later...
im just wondering does bargaining have any effect on getting gold sockets on items from merchants?

I've a shopper char but still dont get any gold sockets on items at all even with bargaining at 300 all I can get

is double silver sockets at most,

can anyone help me please?

Well, just talked to Schot right now...and we agree that bronze and silver sockets., yes at one time on items. Silver and Gold, yes... However, multi gold sockets on an item... Schot says yes, it is possible...but very very very VERY rare.... and he's ONLY seen it on items that he has purchased with his level HE Max Bargaining shopper, because only at that level is it so easy to get such a good yield from Bargaining with such low effort. As a player's level increases, it gets harder and harder to keep the Bargaining at levels where there is as much of an astronomical advantage.

:cool:

gogo

Bargaining should have an indirect effect on possible sockets.

Judging by the game files, the chance of getting better sockets increases with rare quality levels, so higher quality items will more likely have gold sockets than lower ones.