Damage/Defense - Increase

Disclaimer: the folllowing information has been tested(in Niob) and is true but the exact #'s arent 100% concrete because im not logged into my character and cant give that information.

Now that that is out of the way ever needed a lil more defense or damage? Well I have asked that question a few times in different parts of this website.How can I increase my damage? Why the heck am I get beat down like a 2 dollar ..... and I have 200+ skill on all skills and im level 60+ how is this possible>.>. Well schot wil answer that I'll just give you some help I found by forging and unforging items to get a result.

1st Damage to increase my damage I found the best(most socketable) weapon I could and boosted its damage>.> its output was still sub par.

2 get the most out of Damage magic or physical forge the damage modifier in your gear/weapon then forge a whet w/ it to boost it considerably. also in Niob you get a boost to the other damage types. I.e. I forged 2 different + 48% fire dmage rings into a ifficers saber then socketed a whet w/ it and not only did I get a boost in fire damage of 170% but also a boost in ice,phyical, and magical of + 60%

The same thing works for armor and anneal I Socketed two different Armor: + 48% physical. the outcome was + 170% pysical resistence.

Ill rewrite this w/ exact #'s later just wanted to share my findings

Are you saying that if you socket a blacksmith rune into a piece of armor with a damage modifier that you get a larger increase to the modifier than if the two stats were socketed into different pieces of armor?

If so that would be pretty good to know. I think once you hit 75+ that having one damage/attack value and one armor/defense socketed somewhere in your gear is a good thing, especially if you can get Niob runes. 20% armor and damage is pretty huge, at 102 it gives me just over 2k additional armor and 400 defense value, definitely worth a socket.

I'm dense, I don't get it ;). Does it have to be something like Phsyical armor + 30% socketed in the same piece of equipment as the blacksmith anneal?

Will a damage ring (ex: Damage 30-30) have more effect if you socket it with whet in the same piece of equipment than if you socket a whet in another piece of equipment?

Whats better damage 30-30 ring or a damage: physical +x% ring with whet?

I don't get it:

If an item has x% fire damage and you socket the blacksmith power , the y% damage of the power is splitted up into the different damage types and the original x% fire from the item will be shown as a sum with the y% from the power.

If you have gold sockets it is like 15% more? Too close to end of work to look in wiki. So a 48% ring would be like 55%. You have 2 rings this makes 110% from the 2 fire rings, add a blacksmith power with like 60% to all 5 damage types and you are at:

110+60 = 170 for fire, and 60 for the other FOUR (not 5) types.

Edited by chattius
Well schot wil answer that I'll just give you some help I found by forging and unforging items to get a result.

Ah. You must be meaning the points made in your To Mod or not to Mod topic. Sounds as though you have some amazing information to offer karrupted. No doubt it will be of great help to players. ;)

Well schot wil answer that I'll just give you some help I found by forging and unforging items to get a result.

Ah. You must be meaning the points made in your To Mod or not to Mod topic. Sounds as though you have some amazing information to offer karrupted. No doubt it will be of great help to players. ;)

yup sorry and yes you all were some what on key I still dont have time to do an actual write up but ill give 1 example.

in this example ill use Velaria's Garment piece for high elf. it has 3 gold slots. in 2 of the slots I forged armor: physical+48% so this is a total of 96% correct? well after I dropped in a aneal in the last slot I got boosted up to 170% total.

okay 2nd example ill use officers saber.( 3 gold slots) same character High elf.

same scneario 2 rings + 48% damge on both. together total 96% increase. after adding in a whet not only did I get a boost in fire damage but a boost in all other magic types of 46%

so fire+170%

ice+46%

magic+46%

physical+46%

hope this helps I will try and do an actual write up soon or someone will visit this and will have forged a trillion combos for the results. Happy forging

Ah. You must be meaning the points made in your To Mod or not to Mod topic. Sounds as though you have some amazing information to offer karrupted. No doubt it will be of great help to players. :)

yup sorry and yes you all were some what on key I still dont have time to do an actual write up but ill give 1 example.

in this example ill use velerias body piece for high elf. it has 3 gold slots. in 2 of the slots I forged armor: physical+48% so this is a total of 96% correct? well after I dropped in a aneal in the last slot I got boosted up to 170% total.

okay 2nd example ill use officers saber.( 3 gold slots) same character High elf.

same scneario 2 rings + 48% damge on both. together total 96% increase. after adding in a whet not only did I get a boost in fire damage but a boost in all other magic types of 46%

so fire+170%

ice+46%

magic+46%

physical+46%

hope this helps I will try and do an actual write up soon or someone will visit this and will have forged a trillion combos for the results. Happy forging

ps the body piece was level 65 and forged in niob for more clarity

so fire+170%

ice+46%

magic+46%

physical+46%

To be clear on the bonus effect of forging whet and + damage type rings in the same piece of equipment the test that would need to be done is as follows.

Socket 2 +of the same % damage fire rings in 2 different pieces of equipment in the same class socket as above and 1 whet in a 3rd piece of equipment in a same class socket as above.

Will the total increases be the same or less? If less how much less...

To be clear on the bonus effect of forging whet and + damage type rings in the same piece of equipment the test that would need to be done is as follows.

Socket 2 +of the same % damage fire rings in 2 different pieces of equipment in the same class socket as above and 1 whet in a 3rd piece of equipment in a same class socket as above.

Will the total increases be the same or less? If less how much less...

Yes, this is the part that interests me the most as two pieces of my equipment have bronze slots, but the feet only have a bronze slot and nothing else.

Ok so my interest was piqued enough to do some tests myself.

Conditions for the test:

I shopped myself two +physical damage % rings, one with +26.6%, the other with +30.6%.

I then took a level 50 Officer's Sabre and a level 105 Glacial Defender from my chest.

Finally, I took off all of my gear so as to avoid any outside interference from equipment not being used to test this.

Test 1:

I socketed the two damage rings into the sabre and then a whet into the Glacial Defender. The sabre notes +65.5% physical damage, the shield notes 25.1%.

I equipped only those two pieces of gear.

Overview notes +90.7% physical damage.

Tooltip damage is stated as being 427-531, Spectral Hand damage(which is weapon-based and modified by +physical damage %) is stated as 2,010-2,518.

Test 2:

I sold the Glacial Defender to the blacksmith then bought it back so as to clear the rune from it. I then socketed the whet rune into the 3rd socket on the officer's sabre.

Officer's Sabre is noting a +90.7% physical damage.

Again, I equipped only the sabre and the shield.

Overview states +90.7% damage, tooltip damage range for physical is 427-531, Spectral Hand is 2,010-2,518.

Ok, so according to this test, it does not matter whether you socket whet into the same piece of equipment as +element % damage or not. Also, socketting 2 elemental damage rings into the same piece of equipment has no additional effect than if you had socketted them into different pieces of equipment.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay heres the results I was referring to before and it seems to have flew over a few. This would be more useful for high elf/Temple Guardian than most characters. Your in a debacle you have 3 slots 2 rings but you want the most +'s to the elements possible. Here is what you do and get as a result.

Weapon: 0fficers saber. 3 gold slots.

Rings: Damage: fire 48%(only)

socket both and a whet to get an increase in all elements.

RESULT=

Fire damage+125%

Ice Damage+ 50%

physical+50%

Magic+50%

and so on....

you can do this also w/ just adding 1 and a whet.

I came across this on high elf but works really good on temple guard as well. Building a Source warden expert. I'll post the build later. So far 54 no death and in gold.

Okay heres the results I was referring to before and it seems to have flew over a few. This would be more useful for high elf/Temple Guardian than most characters. Your in a debacle you have 3 slots 2 rings but you want the most +'s to the elements possible. Here is what you do and get as a result.

Weapon: 0fficers saber. 3 gold slots.

Rings: Damage: fire 48%(only)

socket both and a whet to get an increase in all elements.

RESULT=

Fire damage+125%

Ice Damage+ 50%

physical+50%

Magic+50%

and so on....

you can do this also w/ just adding 1 and a whet.

I came across this on high elf but works really good on temple guard as well. Building a Source warden expert. I'll post the build later. So far 54 no death and in gold.

you misunderstood what the game was trying to communicate.

what the game is tryibng to present is quite misleading.

example:

if you socket an item with a +25% to physical damage ring, and then use whet at (for the sake of argument 10%) 10% it will display as follows:

Physical +35%

ice +10%

fire +10%

magic +10%

poison +10%

this does NOT mean you are getting +75% damage.

what this means is you are getting +10% damage to ALL DAMAGE TYPES; but an additional +25% to physical damage.

the game displays it seperatly so that you can make an easier distinction between what damage mods the game is giving you.

furthermore; lets say you have that +35% physical damage but(for the sake of argument), you do no base physical damage; then you are getting +35% of zero, which as we all learned in first grade math class=zero. as in zero bonus damage.

so, when you modify a weapon with +damage to a specific element be sure its one you actually have.

so why then would anyone use a +XX% dmg mod to a specific type instead of + XX% to all dmg (which is what whet and or any white %modified ring/item may be), well the answer to that is that 9 times ot of ten for an equal-level item the dmg type speficit modifier will add a higher percentage; which is important if ou are trying to achieve maximum damage potential for a particular damage type.

this having been said; I GREATLY advise socketing (for example) 35-35 dmg items instead. there are rings of all ranges damage wise; form 2-2 to considerably higher in the mid 100s range to 200s range.

these items add a MASSIVE amount of damage to the BASE DAMAGE of the weapon or armor piece in which they are socketed; and as a result are affected by ALL DAMAGE MULTIPLIERS; including battle stance, +XX% dmg mods, Combat Art-based dmg inreases, etc. this means that, for example at level 100 a XX-XX base dmg ring can very often yield you an additional 1,000 dmg a +dmg % ring even as high as 30% will generally have troubble issuing you more than 3 or 4 hundred.

furthermore; while XX-XX dmg base rings may do physical dmg that physical dmg is modified by the damage modification conversion item (ie poison fang, chunk of lava, magic pearl, etc), so you will in most cases also do more specific dmg type than using a +XX% modifier for said particular element.