Stray Damage on Magic coup Broken?

I had a level 25 HE coup on SP patch 2.43 that I had modded for CTH, Life Leech, Stray Damage. it was wonderful in mobs with melee or ranged. this new toon on Ice and Blood 2.65 I modded the same way. At level 21 she is only hitting 1 target at a time. melee or ranged. What a bummer. This makes me want to trash this whole build. without that multihit the coup is a dog! only 1 target at a time is too slow for coup to be effective except for bosses.

Mine is working ok as well locolagarto. My HE has a level 50-ish Coup and I always hit multiple targets when I use it. Maybe the range/distance of Coup is too weak at level 20? Or perhaps Spell Intensity % could help?

Hey,

I tried yesterday a magic coup build with a shuriken.

Modded magic coup at level 7 with : more damage, life leech and stray damage.

Results :

- More damage work with shurikens

- Life leech seems to don't work with shurikens [tried with a sword and work 100%]

- Stray damage seems to don't work with shurikens at level 7

Schot, can you test magic coup with a shuriken (without a bonus of % life leech) on your HE please ? :)

Hey,

I tried yesterday a magic coup build with a shuriken.

Modded magic coup at level 7 with : more damage, life leech and stray damage.

Results :

- More damage work with shurikens

- Life leech seems to don't work with shurikens [tried with a sword and work 100%]

- Stray damage seems to don't work with shurikens at level 7

Schot, can you test magic coup with a shuriken (without a bonus of % life leech) on your HE please ? :)

I run my elf with stars and life leech seems fine for me. I just think the stray damage was strange that it has a base chance of 50% but until I started hitting crits it didn't strayat all.

Magic coup has no guaranteed stray damage unlike shadow step. That was the reason that my daughter is now doing shadow step modifications before magic coup.

In the AddOn you have regeneration per hit, so you can go for higher level in magic coup which will result in more damage, better chance of stray damage, more life leech, and better hit chance (even if you didn't modify for sure hits)